Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 12 of 35
Go to
  • Checking in to help remind me to stay on track today. Today is a new day. First day of the rest of my life. And all that. Mean it.
  • Yesterday I came in just under my goal of 1,300, at 1,290. It was pretty tough, but I'm glad I stuck to it because if I didn't I would have definitely overeaten my way to 3,000+ calories. My mother had a huge lunch prepared, so I didn't eat before or after, just ate heartily then, and that was that. Drank water for the rest of the evening.

Today's Weight: 140.9
    Yesterday's Calories: 1,290
  • Netted 1303 calories today!
  • 1206 calories today. I'm aiming for 1200-1500 a day.
  • Quote: I would go to 1600 or 1700 instead of 2000. When I started maintenance the wise maintainers told me to increase slowly. I'm just getting to 2000-2100 after about ten weeks of maintenance. I've lost about 6 on maintenance because it is hard to get the extra calories in without eating total junk! But I feel great. So what I'm saying is even though I have been increasing slowly about 50-100 a week, I'm still losing. I have been adding quite a bit more the past few days so I don't lose anymore. I still count my exercise and eat it back.
    Thanks! I never thought of that, so I'm really glad you spoke up! I probably would have ended up with a gain! But because of what you said, I decided to stick with my plan. I'm down 2 pounds this week so far.
  • Came in under my calorie allowance yesterday because I got home late and didn't want to eat after 6.

Today's Weight: 138.2
    Yesterday's Calories: 1,150/1,300
  • Yesterday's calories: 1548
    These past 2 days were rest days, tonight we're going back to the gym so I'm aiming for 1800 calories today.
  • Still fighting the fight. Weighed in the other day, but that was a bad idea. I knew I was swollen and was holding a lot of water weight. I'm waiting a few days before I check in again.

I feel like I've been doing great food wise and exercise wise. Had a granola bar-150 cals for breakfast today. I will eat a Michelina's meal for lunch which should be under 400 calories. Not sure what dinner will be. Husband and I are eating different things because he recently had his wisdom teeth removed. Maybe he'll be up for some real food tonight!
  • Just had lunch not too long ago. Sweet an sour chicken Michelina's dinner- 330 cals and a small bit of potato salad. I should have avoided it as I just looked up the calorie count and for 1 cup of potato salad it's 357 calories. Holy smokes! Luckily, I don't think I had a cup full of it, but I'm still scared to think how many calories it really was. I'm not going to worry much about it as it should be burned off between swimming and cycling class or mowing the lawn.

So total number of calories for sure is 480 so far, though like I said, it is obviously higher than that. I don't usual eat back any calories that I burn off, but for today I guess we will!
  • 1490 for today and I DID exercise for 45 minutes for the last two days...at last!

Keep pushing everyone!
  • Calories: 1445

Excercise: 1 hour on the recumbant bike and Chalean Extreme- Burn phase 1, Week 1.
  • Sitting right at 1,300 yesterday. Scale still the same!

Today's Weight: 138.2
    Yesterday's Calories: 1,300
  • Breakfast- grits and 2tsp of sugar. 140cals

randaom snack: one donut hole 57.5cals

lunch- chicken and penne pasta- 300 cals
    1 tagalong cookie- 70cals

567.5cals total so far for the day.
    I'll be going to the gym after work to complete my weight lifting routine.

Weighed in at 185.5 this morning. I was 187 over the weekend, but I'm thinking it was mostly due to water weight as I was really swollen when I weighed in. Drank two pops the night before and didn't drink enough water. I'm working so hard at eating properly, I'd like to see some more progress. I did measure my waist yesterday as a way to track progress.
  • Just over 1300 for today, trying to get back down to 1200.
    I've been told I can't do any vigorous exercise due to an ongoing condition. Ever again. But I need to lose weight.

This totally blows. I keep stalling and now I can't even move the weight off. I guess lots of small walks will have to do.
  • Hi everyone, I am supposed to have 1830 a day, but I usually go over, not today though.
    For breakfast I ate - a sliced Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Evol breakfast egg & gouda cheese flatbread breakfast sandwich, Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin and Trader Joe's seaweed ( altogether a 640 calorie breakfast).

For lunch I just enjoyed (2) Tofurky sandwiches (made with a total of 10 slices/2 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 2 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog buns), Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 790 *whoa lol*.

Lastly for dinner I will be eating Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Pizza veggie burger on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun and topped with a slice of Trader Joe's Organic American cheese (1/2 a slice), I can and probably will have another Vita Top muffin calorie wise my little dinner is 295 calories (without the Vita Top muffin, with the Vita Top it becomes 395 calories).

I weighed in today at 294.8 which is up from my lowest weight of 289.4 11 days ago, I've had a problem with binging over the past couple of weeks.