Old 03-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #1  
I'm on an Adventure!

S/C/G: 230.4/222.4/140

Default A little help please...

How do I figure how many calories I need daily for weight loss?
ChicaCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Google 'TDEE calculator.' This one looks pretty straightforward. That will tell you how many calories you need each day to maintain your current weight. Then subtract 500 calories each day to lose a pound a week, or a thousand calories a day to lose two pounds per week (but don't go below 1200, because that would make it hard for you to get enough nutrients and could hurt your metabolism).

For example, a 30-year-old 5'5" woman who weighs 200lb and gets no exercise has a TDEE of about 2000 calories per day. To lose a pound a week, she'd need to eat around 1500 calories per day.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #3  
I'm on an Adventure!

Thank you
Old 03-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/175/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi ChicaCoy,
There is a great website called Sparkpeople. It doesn't cost anything to join. You set up a profile, enter your info (age, weight, height, activity etc) and it will set you up with your daily calorie range, micronutrient range (carbs, protein, fat). There is a bit of work in the beginning to enter the foods you eat into your favorite's, but most times you can find the info for the foods you are eating from other users. You can also track your activity, water intake, weight loss etc. There are apps for your phone as well, so you can enter meals and activity on the go. There are groups you can join and forums to read other peoples comments (such as this one). Resources galore. Check it out. It might be helpful. Good luck in your endeavors.
Changing Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #5  
I'm on an Adventure!

Thank you changing me I appreciate the info