Old 03-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Eating to make calories?

Hi everyone!
I have a question!

At the end of the day after work I'm sometimes not very hungry. I normally try to listen to my body and only eat when i'm hungry and stop when I'm not hungry (rather than stuffed)
Anyways!
I try to eat a little something for dinner but should I eat when I need to make my daily calories? Most of the time I give myself 500 to 400 calories for dinner. And my daily limit is 1500. not eating dinner (or only some of it) would put me way under calories.
So...would it be better to eat until minimum calories are met or only when hungry?
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

how long and how often has this been happening? you could always try one night to just eat the amount that your body seems to want, and then figure out what happens - do you eat way more the next day because your body is starving, do you end up snacking later at night on junk, do you feel fine?

You can just experiment and see what works for you. It's not like you need to decide one way or another and then live in perpetuity like that.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

It doesn't happen very often. Maybe once a week, sometimes less. If it was a really stressful day at work, or I'm really tired or sore from work then I'm sometimes not hungry and I just want a shower and bed.
Most days I come home from work ready to eat!
Next time, I'll just have part of my meal (or skip it) If i'm not hungry and see what happens.
Worst that could happen is that I'm extra hungry for breakfast. Which would be good as I'm never hungry when I wake up.
Thanks Seagirl ^.^
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

When I'm little under my goal calories for the day I don't worry about it and don't eat just to eat. On the other hand, if I start consistently getting under my goal calories for the day I do start making an effort to get closer to my goal so that I get enough nutrition.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

If I'm only a little under (say 100-150 calories), I don't worry about it. If I'm way under, I will eat to make calories in order to keep my metabolism up. I know I'll have to drop calories anyway as I get closer to goal weight, so I'm keeping them high while I can in order to give myself wiggle room later.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote