Old 02-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #1  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Default No-bake dark chocolate "dieter's fudge"/frosting

I had a chocolate craving today and ended up coming up with a low-calorie yet satisfying solution. May or may not do the trick for you but I thought I'd share.

Makes 1 serving
Amounts are approximate and can be adjusted to taste

2-4 spoons good-quality cocoa powder/baking cocoa
optional: 2 spoons PB2, 1 spoon peanut butter, dash of cinnamon, OR a drop of peppermint or orange oil
2-5 drops vanilla extract (cannot be left out)
Sweetener to taste - I used 2/3 spoon of truvia (but I'd suggest more unless you like very dark chocolate flavors)
optional: pinch of sea salt

Mix all ingredients and then stir in water one spoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. (I like a thick frosting-like consistency). Eat plain or chill.

Calories for regular without any optional additions: ~15-25 kcal

Last edited by Chronostasis; 02-13-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Omg, thank you!!!!! This would take care of so many things!...
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #3  
I got this

Hi again. I made a serving already with the pb2 and it was good. Admittedly, I only have store brand cocoa powder on hand though so for me, I had to add more sweetener since it was very bitter/dark.

So I decided to try to make another batch using 2 tbsp marshmallow creme with SF vanilla syrup instead of water and it was perfect- flavor, consistency and everything! I followed your instructions BF actually thought he was eating real frosting at first.

This stuff can be dangerous, lol. But not too bad considering I've had 150 calories whereas I'd be 300-400 calories if I were eating chocolate frosting with butter/shortening and for the same amount too! Thank you so much for this! Too freaking awesome. My mind is going 100 mph thinking what else can I do, lol.

Last edited by amandie; 02-13-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #4  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Hi again. I made a serving already with the pb2 and it was good. Admittedly, I only have store brand cocoa powder on hand though so for me, I had to add more sweetener since it was very bitter/dark.

So I decided to try to make another batch using 2 tbsp marshmallow creme with SF vanilla syrup instead of water and it was perfect- flavor, consistency and everything! I followed your instructions BF actually thought he was eating real frosting at first.

This stuff can be dangerous, lol. But not too bad considering I've had 150 calories whereas I'd be 300-400 calories if I were eating chocolate frosting with butter/shortening and for the same amount too! Thank you so much for this! Too freaking awesome. My mind is going 100 mph thinking what else can I do, lol.
Glad you liked it! Yes, definitely good for a lower-calorie frosting sort of thing, and it most certainly is dangerous. I imagine most people will need more sweetener, I happen to be fond of somewhat more bitter/very dark chocolate so I don't use much. I'll have to try it with marshmallow creme sometime, that sounds really good!
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 AM   #5  
I got this

I made another batch for my mom to try. She wasn't a fan of it alone but loved it with some strawberries and so did I.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 AM   #6  
I got this

Hi, bumping up this again...

I made some sort of PB/chocolate combo to dip my banana in and it was really good.

2 tbsp PB2
A little less than 1/2 tbsp (2g) cocoa powder
2 tbsp marshmallow creme
Less than a tbsp water

First, mix pb2 powder with cocoa powder until blended, add the water and mix again. It will be sticky and hard, microwave for a couple seconds (10 at the most) then add marshmallow creme and microwave for another 10 seconds or just until the marshmallow is finally blended in with the pb2/cocoa powder/water mixture. Let it cool and use for whatever you want.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote