Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #91  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 12: 2085/1800
Went over today but I am ok with that. I have been under calorie all week so I wont let this affect me. Tomorrow is a new day
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #92  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Good attitude, edoetsh1! (and you didn't go over by much!!)

A broccoliful day yesterday. yum yum

855cals yesterday. 40 day average: 1209. 7day average: 1020. Annnnd the scale didn't budge. At all. Operation Infinite Patience is still underway.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #93  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

1280/1600

I made Bacon Potato Corn Chowder for supper last night. With all this cold weather I have been craving something hearty. So good, and only about 350 cal's for a big bowl!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
I think you kind of have to be that way to really stick to it at first! But then you will get into routines and you will not have to think about everything. I like to talk about it on here but I do not talk about my dieting with people unless they ask me and even then I don't say a lot other than to say what diet I'm doing. I just don't like it when someone talks endlessly about all of that, so I don't want to do that!
I find if I keep myself busy I will not have time to think about it as much. Because I agree it's just too much for the brain sometimes. In the summer when I wasn't teaching I was reading, doing cross stitch and painting my nails just to do things that kept my hands and brain busy! Now that schools in, and I teach full time and at a college in the evening, I don't have time for hobbies!
I totally agree that you have to be a little obsessed with this at first. I find coming on here everyday, thinking about dieting a lot during the day, logging into MFP with everything, all this helps to keep me focused on my goal of losing weight. I also try to visualize where I will be in a month, 2 months etc. What clothes will I be wearing? It all helps to build new, good habits. Once the pounds start coming off consistently, I think that will be motivation in itself.
I've decided that Friday morning is going to be my regular weigh-in morning (better than Monday morning!). I was happy to see the scale nudge down a little from Wednesday. Now I'm going to try and stay off the scale until next Friday.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Not enough steps, but under 1200 calories.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #95  
~Erin~

Day 13: 1013/1800
Didnt get out of bed till 11am today so I was lower than normal due to not eating breakfast. I am finding that I am not as hungry during the day, but still fighting the late night temptations. Been trying to stick with pop corn at night with some different flavorings.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #96  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hi

I had a good day yesterday - even had enough cals left over for a couple of my tall peach/vodka cocktails and DIDN'T nibble after.

I had a banging headache this morning though so I suffered for it, which is odd, because I've had more in the past and not felt a thing. Maybe it's because I've been eating far less so the alcohol had a worse effect, I don't know. But once I let the dog in I just took some painkillers and went back to bed and slept an couple more hours while the painkillers kicked in.

Also dropped a pound overnight this morning so I'm happy.

Cals yesterday: 1332
7da: 1288
Average since start: also 1288 (freaky as it's 10 days!)
Steps yesterday: 11577

Last edited by Robsia; 01-11-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #97  

Wow! Everyone is doing so well!

But we're all in danger, because you uttered the "Foods That Must Not Be Named": bacon, potato, corn, vodka, popcorn...I think I'll cast a protective spell around my mouth.

Good day yesterday. 732cals. 41day average=1198. 7da average=988. And the scale registered a 3lb loss, so I'm back to my ticker weight. Fi-nuh-lee.

The plan is to increase calories for the next few days, but I'm kinda scared. I just don't have any faith that I've hit on the right plan for my stubborn bod.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #98  
~Erin~

Day #14: 1309/1800
Working on portion's and adding more fruits and vegetables this week as my goal.
1443 is my weekly average, which I am very happy with!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #99  

It is so inspiring to see all the motivation here!

My weekly average weight loss plot is in a downward trend that appears to be consistent. I am so relieved....Happy dance! Happy dance!...yet fearful that it won't stay that way. Plug along. Plug along.

Yesterday was an Up day. (I'm trying a version of calorie cycling.) 1550cals. 42day average = 1206. 7day average=1083.

I'm surprised the scale didn't jump up 10lb because I ate Bread yesterday!! (shudder!) I cooked a turkey breast, so I'll have a high protein day today, and stay away from the cooked-up carbs.

Today is Portions Day for me, too, Edoetsch. I measured my cereal (All Bran buds) into small containers and portioned out my daily vitamins. This afternoon, I'll mix up salads for the week (or at least the next few days). My latest new snack food is low-cal peach Activiaaaaaaah! yogurt. Yummy and only 60cals. I like to eat the same things every day so I can calorie count easier, but I do get taste bud fatigue, and things go out of season. My snacks have included flatbread/hummus (gave up bread), pistachios (tired of them), grapes (out of season), and now clementines--which will be out of season soon. Looking forward to something new. Any other healthy, fewer-than-60cal, low carb snack ideas?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #100  
~Erin~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Today is Portions Day for me, too, Edoetsch. I measured my cereal (All Bran buds) into small containers and portioned out my daily vitamins. This afternoon, I'll mix up salads for the week (or at least the next few days). My latest new snack food is low-cal peach Activiaaaaaaah! yogurt. Yummy and only 60cals. I like to eat the same things every day so I can calorie count easier, but I do get taste bud fatigue, and things go out of season. My snacks have included flatbread/hummus (gave up bread), pistachios (tired of them), grapes (out of season), and now clementines--which will be out of season soon. Looking forward to something new. Any other healthy, fewer-than-60cal, low carb snack ideas?
I am the same way with eating the same kind of foods every day. I have been working on a box of clementines for 2 weeks now. Switched over to strawberries this week. My daughter has a metabolic illness called PKU which requires me to weigh all her food to figure out phenylaline so the weighing and measuring should be very easy for me.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #101  

It was my birthday yesterday so I didn't track anything. Beer, cheesecake, chips and dips! I did manage to show some restraint with the chips and dip and didn't just eat it ALL
Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #102  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Silverfire! Good for you for enjoying the day!
Yay, SeeMyFeet! Sounds like you are on a down trend line.

I was a little over today. Tried a recipe that was for chicken bruschetta. It had a baguette mentioned in the ingredients but I don't think the bread was counted in the calories. I ate more than 1/4 of the bread! But I'm okay with it, I've been doing well with calories and exercise. Oh well, it was fun to try something different and I will make it again! Here it is:
http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/we...-379-calories/

Decided I am going to adjust my goal again. I started with a goal of 165, then when I got close decided I should try to get a normal bmi. So I set it at 155. I'm only half pound a way from there! That is a 24 bmi which is the highest normal weight bmi. Now I think I may go to 150 so I can be 23 bmi. Haven't been this low since prior to kids, which was 23 years ago!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Today is day 1 of counting ALL calories again, including dinner.
At the end of the week I will weigh in and I really hope to start exercising again next week, I'm in a lot of pain at the moment and just can't which is totally throwing me off.

You'll all have to scream at me if I don't log in every day now!

ETA - I decided I should weigh in so I could be realistic and to my surprise, I'd lost another 5lbs! Take that, holidays!

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-12-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #104  

Whoa! Paisleymama! You're almost in Wonderland! Good luck with the counting....we'll see you back tomorrow! How did i not notice that CalCounter was such a skinnyminny? Must be a wonderful feeling. Happy Birthday Silverfire...I don't use the calendar function, so i don't notice these things. We have one in my family today.

Yesterday 1289cals (a planned up day). 43day average=1208 7day average=1086. The last 2 up days have put me 3.5lb above my ticker. I'm trying to be patient...sticking to the plan...we'll see if it takes the usual 1-2 weeks to get this back off.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #105  

Thanks CalCounter1003

Alas, in an effort to use the rest of the chips and cheese up I made nachos for dinner and had some pop. Over by 200, could be worse. Today at the gym will make up for it!