Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 29 of 34
Go to
  • Hey All!
    Having a really good day so far - 611 at the mo so 589 left for dinner tonight which I probably won't reach because I had 2 fillings today and I've got more dental work to come over the next few weeks .. so I don't even think I'm going to want to eat much!

SeeMyFeet tracking measurements is a really good idea. I'm starting to wish I'd taken 'before' measurements and photographs because I've lost almost a stone and I can't see it!

BigChiefHoHo nothing wrong with changing things up with the calories .. Try dropping 100 or 200 kcals from your daily goals a see how that works for you.

abbyin March is deffo gonna be a better month!!

Charlie you shouldn't go lower than 1200kcals a day - it's both unsustainable and your body won't function properly.

Robsia I can't wait to get into a size 12.. can't remember the last time I bought something smaller than a 14!

Have a good day all!
  • Yesterday was one of my low calorie days. Ended at 893 and I was feeling full.
  • 1486 for calories today, that's 3 days at the increased to 1500 calories.
  • I had no weight loss or gain this week.

This is my daily calories and my daily average for this past week.

Monday 825 calories
    Tuesday 738 calories
    Wednesday 1,227 calories
    Thursday 979 calories
    Friday 1,914 calories
    Saturday 1,595 calories
    Sunday 893 calories

Daily calorie average for the week 1,167

I also had a significant calorie burn from exercise that is not included.
  • 2/24: 1,755/2000 yesterday.
    Moving right along! Hope everyone has a great day today!
  • 1650 last night, way low, but didn't have time to grab a snack later.

Robsia - I don't know what it is, but I always wear a lower size in skirts than jeans. If I'm a 12 (US) in jeans, I'm usually around an 8 in skirts. No idea why. Maybe they just sit at a different spot or something.

NewKate - I think I'm going to do that. Just a hundred calories for now, see if it speeds things up a little. I'm going to be cleared to start exercising for real this week too, so that ought to help out some.
  • 1180 calories for today. No exercise. Got migraine this afternoon at work so feeling a little out of it tonight. Weigh in tomorrow and I hope that scale moves down. I've been stuck for awhile

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • After no weight loss yesterday I checked and found I had pitting edema on my ankles . Obviously in spite of keeping my sodium low I was retaining water. My cardiologist took me off my daily water pills and instructed me to take them only if I noticed swelling. So I took one. Wow every hour on the hour all evening and all during the night I wore out the carpet leading to the bathroom. I did not get much sleep but most of my edema is now gone.

I lost 4 pounds overnight and my ankles are again normal.

Today's calories were 1,090
  • Four pounds overnight - that's awesome, Larry!! Well done

Well, the scale did not shift today but I had a little NSV. Was shopping at Tesco and browsing the sale stuff. Found a pair of jeans and a top in a size 10 (US 6) so thought I'd try them on - just to see.

They fitted!! Not only that, they were only £5 each into the bargain.

My other jeans are starting to feel loose so maybe a whoosh is on the way - I've been stuck at 152 for ages now. It dropped down to 151.2 on Monday but went back up again yesterday.

Cals yesterday: 1116
    7da: 1194
    30da: 1228
  • Larry, glad you noticed the swelling!

Robsia, wow size six, that's great! I've got some eight and tens but there is no way I can fit in sixes!

Maintenance, the first week, is going okay. I've just increased a little bit to 1600ish and I was down a pound. Of course, I love that, but just going to play with calories to see where I can maintain. My weight fluctuates so much in one week it will take a while to figure out.

There is a great thread on the Living Maintenance area called "what does it feel like to feel thin". I find it very motivating. I probably need to read it every day of my life, lol.
  • Way too low again yesterday - 1400/1900. Was going to eat a banana with some peanut butter after dinner, but the baby was super cranky so I didn't get a chance. And then I got exactly two hours of sleep for the night, bleh. BUT I will try to do better today and eat my full 1900 calories, and my husband has off tomorrow so I can sleep in, so everything should be better! I hope.

abbyin - Oh, that sucks! I get migraines too sometimes, and it just sucks the life out of you for the day (or more...).
    Larry - Good thing you noticed the swelling! That four pounds must be nice to see, even if you know a lot of it's water.
    CalCounter - Bet it feels GREAT to be able to play with maintenance calories now.
  • Aw, BigChiefHoHo, why don't you let me babysit that sweet li'l cherub so you can take a nap? I miss snuggling with my squiggly little fellers....just not the same when they're teenagers! ha

Good you're watching your swelling, Larry! Man, I had all kinds of swelling when I was expecting, and sometimes it returns. Sure you're not preggers, Larry? ha

The only time I had a migraine was after an epidural. (man! I don't know why I have a preggers/baby theme today!) Horrible! If I had them routinely, I would get botox or ANYthing to help. Feel better Abbyin.

1043 cals yesterday. 1100 for the week. Dropped down to my ticker weight pant pant pant.Hey, how frequently do you guys take measurements? How do your inches change with pounds lost?
  • Hey all, down to 178.2 this morning! Only 1 off my first stone!! I really hope that a good day today (minus a wee taste of my baking tonight) and a good day tomorrow might help me get close by the end of the month!
    I'm finding it hard to get back into keeping a food journal.. I kept one every day of January but I've let it slip... Tomorrow I WILL write everything down!!
    Can't wait til the weekend. I've got friends visiting however it may be a boozy weekend which will NOT be so good for the scales..

Kate
  • High calorie day. Gave up counting Changed my "Lose It" app to up my calories somewhat. I have been really hungry lately so I changed it to lose 1/2 lb/week instead of 1 lb/week. I don't care if I lose a little slower, I'm just tired of being hungry Weighed in this morning and stayed the same so maybe a change in calorie intake will help

Hope everyone had a good day
  • I was at 1252 yesterday. I felt like I was just eating junk to get to 1500. I need a healthy alternative.