3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Calorie Counters

Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #376

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Eleanor! You can do it!

Edoetsch, sorry you have been sick. I was worried about you. When you are sick it's hard to eat properly. Whenever my DH is sick he eats PBJs. Weirdest thing I've ever seen but it's been going on since I've known him 34 years! Any type of sickness!

Abbyin. I find it I have days like that I have to eat and then shockingly I'll be down the next day, as long as I don't eat until I'm too full.

Speaking of being full, I'm still working on learning when I am full. All these years of gorging and then dieting has messed up my fullness indicator. I have been noticing sometimes I feel hungry and I know I have been eating enough that really I am not "hungry" it is that something is bothering me. So I ask myself "ok, why are you upset?" And try to tell myself eating won't change why I am worried or what I'm upset about. Of course, this doesn't always work.

Ok, this is going to sound really silly but I bought a new Crest toothpaste that is mint chocolate chip flavored. I love it! Of course you can't eat it, but it tastes good. Sounds gross, I know. But I think it tastes great. After dinner tonight I brushed with it right away and felt like I had a dessert flavor!

CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #377

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Weighed in this morning, another 2lbs down! 0.6 to onederland!
Yesterday I ended the day at 1019. I wasn't hungry, counting it as a low day.

diamond_girl - I bet you see a loss this week with the high cal day!
abbyin - Have a wonderful time with your brother! Try drinking water or tea, it helps me with the hunger pangs. Even a black coffee does the trick. You can also eat soup. It fills you up and it's relatively low in calories yet high in all the good stuff.
Robisa - I'm glad you put dieting aside to do something fun with your daughter. The 3lb gain is worth it for the memories My kids baked cupcakes a few weeks ago, I didn't have one for the first time in forever but I helped them bake it and they got to taste test everything along the way.
Seemyfeet - Glad you ate something today I try to avoid dairy products, I'm lactose sensitive which helps. If I eat cheese, I try to make it parmesan. It's much more forgiving, calorie wise, than cheddar. I used to eat cheese and crackers all the time thinking it was a somewhat healthy choice, oh how wrong I was!
BigChiefHoho - Good Job
Larry H - Congrats on the 4lb loss! I hope you feel better tomorrow
edoetsch1 - Welcome back! Glad you're on the mend
eburks121 - Welcome! That's the spirit
CalCounter1003 - It's taken me a long time not to WANT to eat. I still struggle with wanting to eat and actually needing to. I try to eat before I get too hungry so I don't feel the hunger pangs. In the beginning I was miserable. I felt like I was starving hungry all the time. Now that I've adjusted, the moment passes if I wait. I often sit down to a meal, wait a few minutes, then start eating so that I don't overeat.

Restarted weight loss journey after reaching my highest weight ever - Nov 12 2013

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014
- 30lbs & Onederland- March 10 2014
- Overweight BMI- March 11 2014
Adjusted short term goal - weigh 175lbs by June 2014

Last edited by Paisleymama : 02-19-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #378
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Eleanor - you'll get plenty of support here.

Well this morning I was down 2.8 of those 3.8, so down to 153. Another pound till I'm back at ticker. I did have a good weekend though ��

My Glucomannan experiment | My Twitter
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #379

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

1830 Calories for yesterday. Not to bad for pigging out all day! My weigh in is tomorrow so we shall see but it's back on track for me today. It looks like there are some pretty good weight losses going on in the forum today. Congrats to all!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #380

970 cals yesterday. I didn't have a chance to really eat and I didn't feel like it, either. I'm sure a high day is coming so I'm fine keeping it low.
0.2 down this morning, 0.4 to go to onederland

Robsia - That's great!
abbyin - I hope the scale rewards you today

Restarted weight loss journey after reaching my highest weight ever - Nov 12 2013

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014
Old 02-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #381

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Another low calorie day. 738 Calories Today

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:49 AM   #382

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

1267 for calories, and another day I didn't get on the scale.

Welcome Eleanor

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:37 AM   #383
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

2/18: 1,371/2000
Thanks for the welcome back! When ever I have a bad cold I crave food. My DH is the same way. I think I eat double when I am sick. Is anyone else like this or are we just odd?

**I WILL NOT GIVE UP**
Start:12/29/13: 525lbs.
1st Goal: 10%: 473
2nd Goal: 20%: 426 (100lb loss)
3rd Goal: 30%: 384
4th Goal: 40%: 346
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #384

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Good morning everyone

Well, weighed in this morning and I'm up 2 lbs. I think all the salt I ate on Monday killed me! I'm gonna keep a closer eye on that. Not going to change my ticker til next week. I'll see if this 2 lbs stick. Hopefully not!

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #385

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Two good days in a row: 1894 and 1988 respectively. Scale looked good this morning, too! It is SO much easier to stick to calories during the week when I can have the exact same measured-out thing for breakfast and lunch each day. Having just one meal to worry about instead of three makes life a lot simpler.

Paisleymama - Oooh, so close to onederland! I hope you get it tomorrow!
edoetsch - I'm the same way. I've got a really nasty chest cold right now, and I just want to comfort-eat everything in the house.

Former maintainer, now losing again in 2014 after my second baby.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #386
New Birthday: 11Nov2012

S/C/G: 251/198.0/130

Height: 5ft 8.5in

Wow, everybody's doing well and getting back on track! Paisleymama's almost in wonderland! I noticed that, too, BigChiefHoHo (ha, still love the screenname!) We'll have to throw a party!

1100 cals yesterday...AND.....I get to move my ticker!! Woohoo!!

SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #387

Height: 5'7''

Sorry that I've been AWOL for almost a week - I've had a very hectic time!!
First my car MOT was a massive stress and cost me 350 and a late night! Then my BF whizzed me off for a romantic weekend in Loch Ness to celebrate 3 years together and then yesterday I had minor surgery on my breast to remove a mega dodgy mole so I've now got a strip of sore stitches holding me together!! The stitches mean at least 10 days til I can do any exercise so I'll have to be really careful with my calories!
All in all an overwhelming rollercoaster week!
It sadly crossed my mind that the bit of flesh they took out of my body would maybe help the scales ! :P but I didn't weigh in this morning. I will weigh in in the morning and see what difference a week has made but with the eating out over the weekend I'll be pleased with maintaining.

You've all been doing so well whilst I've been away!! Well Done Everyone!! I'll get myself updated with you all over the next few days...

I'm glad to be back!!
K xx

New Start: 1st January 2014
First stone lost: 11th March 2014
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #388

It's killing me not weighing in but I will cry if there's an increase at this point so I am stepping away from the scale!
Yesterday was 1148, the kids wanted cupcakes from our favourite french bakery and I couldn't help myself, I had a mini chocolate one and it was SOOOO good. I'm weak. Sweets will be the death of me. I totally made sure my cals were low enough just to accommodate that cupcake. I would rather not have real food all day just to have something sugary.

I also updated my ticker to add my long term goal which sort of stinks because my old one was half way there! Now I've added another 15lbs on. It daunts me to look at it but hopefully it'll keep me motivated.
I'll be away friday to monday. I hope everyone has a good weekend

BigChiefHoho - Thank you!!! Hopefully by Tuesday I'll break into the 190's. I hear you, weekends are a bust for dinner, I anticipate it but through the week I have the same thing every single day. It makes life a lot easier!
Larry H & diamond_girl - Well done!
abbyin - Hopefully in a couple of days those pesky 2lbs will disappear
edoetsch1 - For me, it depends on what kind of illness I have. If I'm bored, I'll eat...
SeeMyFeet - You're such a sweetheart, thank you for being so supportive! & hooray for a loss, how much did you lose?
NewKate2014 - Happy Anniversary! You and I think alike, I would've been wondering just how much that chunk of skin weighed... I hope it heals quickly

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014

Last edited by Paisleymama : 02-19-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #389

Height: 5'3"

I was slightly over my daily calories by 39 calories. Not a big deal as I just restarted today after a LONG time of not watching my calories and just eating anything and everything I wanted over the last few weeks.
My daily limit is 1400.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #390

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisleymama View Post
SOOOO good. I'm weak. Sweets will be the death of me. I totally made sure my cals were low enough just to accommodate that cupcake. I would rather not have real food all day just to have something sugary.
My weakness is Werther's Original candies. They are 20 calories for one candy but I could eat the whole bag if I kept them in the house.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.