- That's what I LOVE about calorie counting! We can choose to have something like a shake and just adjust the rest of the food. Also, if you overeat one day, it's not like you are really going to gain a pound unless you ate 3500 calories over what you burned! I have been on so many diets with weird restrictions. Even though I did South Beach (several times!) I always thought it was ridiculous I could eat a bunch of meat and not an apple. And a year ago I was doing the 17 Day Diet and there was this rule that you couldn't eat any of your few tiny carbs after 2pm. So teaching all day, of course, I would forget to eat before 2! So when the kids left at 3, I'd eat the apple, or whatever and feel like I blew the diet! You are doing great!
- Sorry about your son and thank goodness he was okay! My kids are 23 and 20, and my DD, 20, had a small wreck the week of her HS graduation. She was okay except for being sore, but it was SO scary to get that call. DD lives in NYC now and although I worry about her, because we never stop worrying, I don't have to worry about her getting in a car accident (unless she's in a cab I suppose - which she can't afford!!). When my DS was in college he had a car with him and it was just a constant worry. You are lucky like me to be in an area where the whether is nice so get your walking in!
Silverfire & everyone else!
Regarding you eating because you stayed up late... I am listening to WillPower (http://www.amazon.com/Willpower-Redi.../dp/0143122231
) . I guess it was a best seller but I had never heard of it. I like to listen to books in the car on the way to school and so does my DH. He listened to it and gave it to me. Anyway, there is a section on how when we lack sleep our will power is diminished! That is SO me. Also a big section on PMS and what that does to us. I know it's just these author's opinion and research but it is very interesting. I only get 5-6 hours a sleep during the school year M-F and then I sleep a lot on the weekends. I am going to really try to get to bed earlier this week! During the summer, I naturally stay up until 1am or later and sleep in. My poor DH gets up and gets out while I sleep through it all. One small advantage of teaching! Anyway, I'm only 1/3rd through the book but it is quite interesting and my DH says there is a section on dieting. A lot of it is stuff we already knew but there are some enlightening things brought up.
- I'll look for that movie! Love foreign films! Haggis - doesn't sound good to me but the junk we eat in America probably doesn't sound good to you!
- yes what is the deal with people telling us what we should weigh! I am having that start to happen to me now. I NEVER tell anyone that they don't need to lose more. I just say "you look great". I have several teachers I work with who keep commenting on my weight and it is a little bit uncomfortable. I think they mean well, but I want to just be invisible. I'm doing it just for me to be healthy and feel good. When they say something I usually dismiss it except for to say "thanks I feel great". I think I am just more sensitive to the comments because I have been dieting for more than half my life!
- Great that the scale is moving! So glad!!! I know you were frustrated for a while. It will come off! I don't think I want one of those fruits.
- awesome job losing 1/2 a pound a day! You are lucky to be tall! My DS is 6'7" and my DD is 6'2"! DH is 6'4", although I think he has shrunk because my DD is just about even with him.
My scale actually said I was down another pound today but I think it was because I slept SO late. So I'm not recording it. Plus, it is impossible (for me at this point) to go down a pound Friday and then Saturday. Today is DD's birthday and he wanted a carrot cake from a local bakery. I tried to look up the calories and it said about 700 per slice. I'll eat a piece because we have this silly rule that you have to eat birthday cake for good luck. It's not my rule, it's my MIL's rule and she is a food pusher so I think that's why she made it up. She means well... but you know how it is! She's great though! Carrot cake doesn't temp me, I only like CHOCOLATE desserts!
Have a great weekend everyone! Walk a little bit! Just one mile will help!