Old 01-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #196  

Height: 5'7''

silver fire great job!
see my feet I love activia yoghurt!
kaarin Indian food can be a really tricky one so you did really well!! Dhal and roti are so good and dhal especially can be really nutritious (depending on the recipe obviously).

I've had an ok day, more calories than I wanted but I made lots of good choices throughout the day, about to sit down with my boyfriend to watch a movie and I'm gonna brush my teeth first to tell my mouth it's time to switch off!

Found my shin sleeves so I can get back to running this weekend, can't wait actually!

Hope you're all having a good day :-) x
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #197  

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow Edoetsch!! Have a great day!!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #198  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
The scale dipped down! Yay! I think I'm 0.5 below my ticker, but only after my 4th weigh-in (after drying my hair, ha!).
Lol, I would never step on a scale with wet hair! Or jewelry.

When going to the doctors office (please don't tell me I'm alone here), I don't care how it looks or what the temp is outside, whatever weighs the least that I can fit into, is what I'm wearing. I've never actually weighed the clothes to see which weighs less but if I had a scale that would do that, I'd be tempted!

Another reason to walk, the hazards of sitting! Eeeeek, I'm in one of those bad positions right now. http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pag...f-sitting/750/
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #199  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Edoetsch! You changed your ticker, didn't you??? Got your new scale??

Is it just me, or does everyone else read NewKate's posts with a Scottish accent? Just me? Figures. Love Scotland. Hubs would love to live there. Oh, i meant to ask...your BF got a week long birthday celebration?? Must be Special!!! ooooolala

y'know, CalCounter, that's not the first time I've noticed that I weigh less with wet hair. The scale must need warming up. Or I'm washing some heavy bugs outta my hair. ha.

Today: 1270calories. Calories bumped up due to too much coffee....with half-n-half....not a good expenditure of calories.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:14 AM   #200  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 25: 1,556/1800

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes! Was a nice day. DH made me dinner. He was super sweet and went on my pinterest and picked a recipe from my "low calorie meals I want to try" board.

SeeMyFeet: Isure did get my new scale! Down 9.6lbs. So glad I now weigh in on the same scale weekly.

Last edited by edoetsch1; 01-23-2014 at 06:15 AM.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:05 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow Edoetsch!

Thanks for all the support, I could only get on here quickly yesterday to post my calories. Silly children hog the computer. I wish 3fatchicks had an app. I do like the new scale because it's digital and I can actually see the exact number. I'm waiting to schedule my doctors appointment until it show me in "normal" range. There's no way I want overweight written in my chart. My lady doctor lets me get away with not weighing in, but a regular doctor won't.
My picture is OLD, it's when I reached my goal that first time in 2005. I'm keeping it there to help me along.

Calories for yesterday were 1183. Chugging along, but so very afraid to go over that 1200 mark. Before I used to have a "fat" day where the boys and I would hit McDonalds for lunch, I wonder if that actually helps because you never get into that "Starvation Mode" were you bodies metabolism slows down. Silly body, that's not what I want.

Angela
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #202  

seemyfeet I'm sorry to ruin the illusion but I'm actually English!! I've lived in Scotland for 5 years now but my accent has only changed a wee bit. :-P and yeah my bf (Ross, solid Scottish name, and is IS Scottish!) got two weekends of fun.. Lucky boy :-P
Edoetsch I love the recipes on pintrest... Infact I love everything about pintrest!! Any recommendations?

I've had a good day, currently at Ross' parents house dog sitting and it's taking all my strength to stay away from the lemon torte that's in the fridge!! Luckily (luckily?!) I have sore wisdom teeth so it's putting me off eating/drinking.

Not exactly sure of my calories today as we had moussaka for dinner here (laden with calories!!) but I'd guess around 1350.
Over the weekend I'm gonna try to stay under 1200, I really want another pound gone by Sunday!

SW 191.4
CW 187.4
GW 140

As I write this I keep thinking that maybe 150 is a more realistic goal for me... More thought required!

Kx
Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #203  
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/259/215

Height: 6'4"

Hi all,

Only my second post in this thread! I guess I am lucky because I am a big (tall) guy and have been eating close to 2500 cal/day (MFP recommendation) and exercising quite a bit to boot... Since jan 1 losing just under 1/2 lb/day. Hoping it continues!

Newkate - moussaka... Blek! Bad memories from childhood. I hate eggplant for some reason.

I don't have to worry about wet hair lol... I wish!
merstopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKate2014 View Post

Then I went and ruined it this evening picking at my cake and icing mixes (I'm a mega keen baker!) when making cake for a bake sale at work tomorrow...

Such an idiot!

Need to refocus still. I was really good all day .. Need to find a way to control myself in the evenings, any ideas?

No you aren't an idiot! You are human and icing and dough are pretty tempting!
What I find works to avoid snacking is by staying busy. Especially where you have to keep your hands clean, like knitting, cross stitching, organizing things like photos (if you own any) or one drawer or closet each might. Learn to do something new, with the exception of baking even better than you already do!

I've read all the Alexander McCall Smith books that take place in Edinburgh and always wanted to visit there. One day I will!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #205  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Back for the first time in a long time! I was 112 calories under my 1350 limit.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

1168 Calories for today.
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #207  

Here is a little article on the benefits of walking! Even if you go slow and start with a little bit, it will help. Soon you will be walking miles! You don't have to be a speed walker or anything, just walk normally!

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...bit?_mSplash=1

I've been right around 1300 all week but been doing 3 mile walks so that still puts me under. No scale movement this week but if I can do 1/2 even every other week, that's fine for the last 5. I'm repeating meals too much! Same lunch all week. I need to mix it up and same dinner 3 nights in a row. It just doesn't bore me, and makes the counting so easy! But I've learned the last few months I lose much better if I mix it up!

Loving my FitBit One! For me it does make me take stairs more and walk more.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

I've sort of hit a rough patch. I think I'm self sabotaging.
My body looks pretty good at the moment and all of a sudden, I'm happy with how I look and I'm less inclined to be thin. I carry the weight pretty well and fit into regular clothing. Not sure what to do... I think I'm going to try and slow down the loss to give my skin a break. I DO want to lose the weight for health reasons, I know I weigh too much and it isn't good.

That being said, I have, more or less, stayed within my calorie range. Haven't logged onto MFP for a couple of days but I am pretty repetitive with my foods so I know what's in most things and I measure out of habit.

Diamond_girl - Don't let it get you down, you've got this!

Robisa - that sounds super stressful. I hope you find your groove with your new routine soon.

Silverfire - Keep at it, you're doing great

kaarin - Well done! Indian food is so, so bad for you unless it's altered to make healthy. Lots of carbs, ghee, nuts, cream. I love it though, I have to make sure I portion control the curry and no butter naan or rice.

NewKate2014 - I hear you. I'd like to think I'm a pretty awesome baker, it's one of my few skills. I had some friends over for morning tea yesterday and it was totally my downfall. Everyone else felt pretty guilty, too, but it was worth it.

edoetsch1 - Happy Birthday!!! Glad it was a good one

Seemyfeet - No new scale here, either. Wii fit from day 1 so that's what I'm sticking with. I'm concentrating on lbs lost, then ultimately I'll switch up scales and find my "true" weight.

mstopher - That's awesome! My husband is 6"2 and 250lbs, he loses much easier than I do and his calorie allowance is around the same amount, even though he's not actively trying to lose weight at the moment & I doubt he's looking at the cals. I just remember from setting up MFP for him.

SweetCurves32 - Welcome back!

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-23-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #209  

Nice surprise that I was down 1 pound this AM, after posting last night that I was the same all week.

PaisleyMama - I know exactly what you mean. That didn't happen to me this diet, but all previous diets I would get around 170-175 and feel pretty good. I would fit into a 14 which I am okay with and even though that was still overweight, I just couldn't keep going. When I started this diet in July my goal was 165 but I really didn't think I would get below the 170 because I hadn't been there is over 24 years (pre-kids). I have no idea why this time I got below the 172 and now even lower. I'm still in shock myself over it. Sometimes something just clicks in the brain, or it is the right time in our lives, not sure. But you know your body best and if you think you need to slow down, you are probably right.

Sorry - don't have time to get out individual shouts. But I love reading the losses and how everyone is dealing with the daily struggles! It would be fun on Feb 1st to add up all that was lost by this group in the month of January.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #210  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well, Paisleymama, I was thinking the same thing just a few minutes ago while getting dressed in the bathroom with a big mirror. I don't look obese! But standing next to a slim person, I'm sure the difference would be dramatic. However, I KNOW I'm overweight. I have had issues with asthma, RA, sleeping, moving, etc that have improved since I've lost weight. And I know there are major health crises in my future if I don't get this flub off--diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc etc. Don't give up Paisleymama! We're not there yet!

OK...I was wrong...I'm on a weight loss trend this month!! Two days in a row of losses that put me in new territory. Lowest numbers of the year! Woohoo. Calories are staying around 1000. I can manage that, so I'll stay there and see what happens to the wt loss curves.

Happy Friday, all!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-24-2014 at 08:30 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote