Sweetener

• What kind of sweetener do you all use? I usually use the pink stuff (sweet n low). But I know it is probably not the healthiest stuff out there. Was just wondering what everyone uses to sweeten coffee or tea. I don't usually use sweetener in anything else except maybe oatmeal occasionally (but usually that is brown sugar). I would like for it to be calorie free, since every calorie counts, but if it is good and worth it, I will fit the calories in.
  • You will hear all sorts of differing opinions on sweeteners. You just need to make your own decisions if you want to include them in your diet or not.

Personally, I use splenda (which is made from sugar, not chemicals) or stevia (all natural).

If neither of those are available, I just use regular sugar.
  • I use sweet n low too but I may start splenda again bc its healthier
  • I use splenda mainly. Sometimes evaporated cane juice and/brown sugar for some baked goods.
  • Stevia (and not the franken-engineered truvia junk). Occasionally maple syrup or honey.
  • Does splenda or stevia dissolve in cold liquids? Regular sugar does not dissolve in cold liquids, which is why I always used sweet n low. I do like my iceed to be slightly sweet. Sorry! I don't know much at all about sweeteners
  • Splenda dissolves very quickly in cold liquids. Its what I always use when I get unsweetened tea from restaurants. I'm not sure about stevia though.
  • I just use regular sugar or honey, or just plain go without. I drink my tea plain, every once in awhile I squirt a little honey in it.

I gave up all pop; the regular stuff was not worth the calories and the diet stuff made my stomach upset.
  • I use a smaller amount of real sugar if I'm baking and have nothing in tea, coffee, cereal etc. Artificial stuff makes me really sick.
  • wheresmyraise - you can buy liquid stevia. Whole Foods or Trader Joe's has it, or you can find it online.