3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   It really works! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/287825-really-works.html)

skinnyki 09-22-2013 09:19 AM

It really works!

This calorie counting stuff really works!. I am so excited! Im not hungry I can eat what I wantwithin reason ..just count it! I am so surprised. Every day I am so anxious to wake up and get on the scale.. im at a lost for words! I feel like I came across som new awesome diet but the truth is its just plain ole common sense. I dont feel restricted or anything. True I have been staying in the house alot and not going out hanging with friends yet but I dont feel strong enough for that plus I dont want anything to get in the way of my weight loss. I want this so bad it is my time to lose this weight and keep it off!!! (Sorry had to let that out ):dizzy:. Down 9+ lbs pretty soon I will be out of the 300's forever! !!! :cp:

DrivenByAmbition 09-22-2013 09:52 AM

Glad you have found something that works for you. I at one time did calorie counting and it was great. Can't wait to hear about your journey as you go. Make sure to keep posting.

boatingmommy 09-22-2013 10:02 AM

It's wonderful how positive you are feeling about being in control and losing. I wish you lots of luck on your journey!!!

skinnyki 09-22-2013 10:04 AM

Thanks Driven! I am glad snd excited to start this journey. Your progress is awesome :) what do you do now ?

DrivenByAmbition 09-22-2013 10:12 AM

I actually made it to goal by doing weight watchers. Then a period of happiness began where I stopped counting and gained half back. Back to it now, and I know I can do this.

You can do this too! :)

skinnyki 09-22-2013 10:20 AM

Thanks boating mommy I am very positive I mean I have lost weight of course before over 60+ lbs and gained it all back plus 40 more :( with Atkins something is different this time. I can eat fruit and carbs so I dont feel restricted at all. What I feel is I am learning to eat in a healthy way with limits. It is obvious that I lost that somewhere along the way. This site has been a great help for me any questions I want to ask has probably already been answered. And it is such an inspiration to read peoples ticker and be able to see their journey and think if they can do it I can too!

skinnyki 09-22-2013 10:28 AM

Driven yes you can! You are half way there! Oh and sorry I just seen under ur name that u are a weight watchers fanatic lol. I did weight watchers too for abt 2 weeks lol its a great program and I know it works I think it is just all abt finding what works for you! Thank u for commenting and the encouragement. I need it. I haven't told any of my friends family or coworkers abt starting calorie count. I want to show them! Plus I dnt need any negativity right now. Not that they are negative but u knw what I mean:) thanks

CalCounter1003 09-22-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyki (Post 4845828)
Thanks boating mommy I am very positive I mean I have lost weight of course before over 60+ lbs and gained it all back plus 40 more :( with Atkins something is different this time. I can eat fruit and carbs so I dont feel restricted at all. What I feel is I am learning to eat in a healthy way with limits. It is obvious that I lost that somewhere along the way. This site has been a great help for me any questions I want to ask has probably already been answered. And it is such an inspiration to read peoples ticker and be able to see their journey and think if they can do it I can too!

I feel the same as you! I love this calorie counting. The silly thing is, it's the first type of diet I ever heard of back in the early 80s. But then, I kept trying these other crazy diets. I lost weight with South Beach and 17 day diet and others, but gained all of it back, plus more. This calorie counting is so great because it is up to us what to pick. The other thing I am doing for the first time ever is exercising. That is really helping me lose. After 50 weight loss really slows down, but with this new exercise I am doing, it seems to really be helping.

CrabNebula 09-22-2013 03:29 PM

Yep, I love calorie counting. It helps with watching my portion sizes and I don't think is as restrictive overall as most other diets in what you can eat. You can eat anything as long as you stay within your daily limit. I also learned about my TDEE from doing this and it is much higher than I previously thought.

Penguin483 09-22-2013 09:41 PM

kindred Spirit

[QUOTE=CalCounter1003;4846028]The silly thing is, it's the first type of diet I ever heard of back in the early 80s. But then, I kept trying these other crazy diets. QUOTE]

I am right with you there! Calorie counting has always worked but I think there must be some much more glamorous way to lose weight. Calorie counting doesn't have a fancy name but it actually works...it's science! Calories in, calories out. Thanks for the reminder that all we really need to do is stick with what is working for us!

IanG 09-22-2013 09:50 PM

Great work!

JeniH 09-22-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyki (Post 4845778)
This calorie counting stuff really works!. I am so excited! Im not hungry I can eat what I wantwithin reason ..just count it! I am so surprised. Every day I am so anxious to wake up and get on the scale.. im at a lost for words! I feel like I came across som new awesome diet but the truth is its just plain ole common sense. I dont feel restricted or anything. True I have been staying in the house alot and not going out hanging with friends yet but I dont feel strong enough for that plus I dont want anything to get in the way of my weight loss. I want this so bad it is my time to lose this weight and keep it off!!! (Sorry had to let that out ):dizzy:. Down 9+ lbs pretty soon I will be out of the 300's forever! !!! :cp:

I could have writte. This word for word...I hate to say that it's easy but...it kind of is! I thought losing weight meant starving yourself and following some convoluted diet but it doesn't. I cannot believe I've never tried calorie counting before, like someone else said it was the first diet I ever heard of but I just thought it sounded hard, silly me. I do the same thing ever morning, I wake up and jump on the scale, I've done it long enough that I know at this point even if the number is up that day or is staying the same it will drop by weigh in day. I'm about 8 pounds from seeing 299, I think I might scream when I finally step on the scale and me weight starts with a 2!

skinnyki 09-23-2013 08:24 PM

Hey Jen! You are right there with me! Im curious to know how many calories are u doing a day and wht kind of excercise are you doing? Great job btw :) im currently doing no more than 1700 cal but I try to stay closer to 1500 or 1600. Lil to minimal excercise planning on implementing a routine very soon.

JeniH 09-23-2013 09:52 PM

I use the my fitness pal app and follow their recommendation. Currently to loose 1.5lbs/week I eat 1993 or something like that. I track my weekly calories and even during weeks where I go over one or two days I'm always under my weekly goals usually by at least 600. I'm sure that will stop as I lose weight and my calorie goals get lower.

I don't currently exercise... I know I should and I want to but I don't have the money to join a gym and we don't own a a treadmill. I sometimes do a walking video at home but I haven't done it lately.

skinnyki 09-28-2013 12:40 PM

mini goal reward

I am giving myself my first reward which is a pedicure.for getting under 300 lbs. Feels great and looks good I love rewarding myself my next goal is a cute hairdo from my fav hairstylist I been saving money and doing my own hair except when I nwed it trimmed. That is at 292lbs..7 lbs to go whoo whoo!!