Old 07-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/233/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Water?!?

How much water do you gals drink a day..And is it really that important?!?
RollTideRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #2  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

water makes a big, big difference for me. i won't lose weight very easily unless i am drinking at least 3 litres a day. I imagine it going into my body and helping to 'wash out all the corners' where fat cells and debris might be clinging.

being well hydrated helps the liver and kidneys to function (liver being an organ of metabolism. kidneys one of the systems of flushing). being well hydrated shows kindness to them for all the good and hard work they do!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I drink anywhere from 36 oz. to 80oz. + per day. More on days where I work out pretty heavily, but on average at least 36oz. Our bodies retain water, and as silly as it sounds, the more water you drink, the less water you retain. My feet used to swell up at night pretty bad, and after changing from soda to water, and drinking the amount that I do, I no longer get that swelling unless I have had a sodium-heavy day.

I feel that water helps tremendously, because it helps flush out the bad stuff. I mostly just drink plain water, but if I want a little flavor I use 100% unsweetened cranberry juice or squeeze a bit of lemon into my water. I've used crystal light and a few of the others, and that works too! Just avoid sodas and juices, as those have too much sugar and would probably do more harm to your diet than help (in my opinion).
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Well, I think fluids are important. I try to aim for 85% of water everyday and 15% whatever (diet soda, tea, coffee, and (almond) milk. Juice too if you do that.) Don't forget, we do get some water from food as well.

My dailies usually are 6+ 16.9 oz bottles' worth of water, 1 large glass of iced coffee with almond milk, 1 to 2 diet sodas. I have a green smoothie and a couple extra bottles of water on workout days or really active like mowing, etc.

Freelancemomma on here has always said she never drinks water straight and doesn't feel thirsty (IIRC) and has maintained a 50+lb loss. Hopefully she'll chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by amandie; 07-24-2013 at 04:15 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/202.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I've never measured it but I drink a lot. I have a water bottle that I carry with me everywhere I go. I'm pretty much always sipping on it and then full it up when it gets low. I swear my weight loss slows down when I'm not drinking much.
shutterbugmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I do not drink that much water. I dislike plain water. Plus, if I do not drink my fruit juice I get grumpy. I include the calories from my juice in my days allotment. Sometimes I drink lemonade and Vit Water but really, juice is my main source of liquid. I do not like MIO or anything that has fake sugar in it (aspartame gives me a headache. Splenda is yuck to me) so can not do Crystal light either. I do drink probably 400 calories in juice per day but for me it is worth it.

I lost 60 lbs drinking a lot of juice everyday and have lost 17 lbs since restarting with my juice.
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I have always had a hard time getting in water. However, this diet I started adding a lime slice to my water with ice. I really like it! So somehow last week on Tuesday I realized I had only had three Diet Dr Peppers. Usually I have at least six cans a day. So then the next day I had two, then one and now for one week no diet sodas! It's a miracle. I was expecting the weight to just fall off! It hasn't! But I feel really good and less bloated. I am drinking at least a gallon of water a day.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll View Post
How much water do you gals drink a day..And is it really that important?!?
It's important to stay hydrated, but it's not necessary to drink plain water if you don't like it. I can't remember when the last time I had plain water was. I drink coffee, tea, sparkling water mixed with juice or flavoured with Mio, and some wine with dinner. That's it. I never keep track of how much I drink -- just follow my thirst levels and desire to sip on something. And I'm perfectly well hydrated.

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 07-24-2013 at 11:22 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #9  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Height: 5'4"

Freelancemomma, you drink wine? Is that during phase one?
Aprlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #10  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprlem View Post
Freelancemomma, you drink wine? Is that during phase one?
Hi Aprlem- This thread was posted in the Calorie Counters forum so no phases here. I think you may have confused this with being an IP thread?
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #11  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Hi Aprlem- This thread was posted in the Calorie Counters forum so no phases here. I think you may have confused this with being an IP thread?
Yes, I definitely did get confused! I feel like I speak a foreign language when it comes to these threads/forums. I love reading what people write, but often find myself lost!
Thanks
Aprlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 95kg/90.6kg/78kg

Height: 170cm

I've never been a big water drinker however it helps me with weight loss a great deal as I guess it flushes out all the toxins. I'm now drinking at least 2 litres a day.
Sonnie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I never worried about water and lost over 100 pounds without thinking about that.

Obviously staying hydrated is important, but we get fluids from everything we drink and a lot of what we eat.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

In order to stay properly hydrated, you're supposed to drink 1/2 of what your weight is. For example, I'm 170 lbs, so I should be drinking 85 ounces of water a day.

Water is vital for your body to work. We're made up of about 60%-75% water, and with all the sweating we do just to maintain our core body temp, you need to replace it somehow! You could sit in a bathtub all day and soak it in through your cells, but who has time for that? Much easier to drink it.

As for weight loss, drinking water throughout the day not only keeps you full and satisfied, it also cuts down on how much food you eat and flushes out all the crud. It keeps you "regular" and keeps your organs working in tip top shape.

It's super, super important! I carry around a 20 oz. blender bottle I picked up at GNC. I use it every day all day, and I love it. I've gotten so used to having water around that when I don't, I get incredibly thirsty and crave water.
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 243/233/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the answers! I too believe that water helps, I just hate trying to get it all in..I can go all day without being thirsty, so it's very hard for me to make myself drink it! I shall keep on keeping on!
RollTideRoll is offline   Reply With Quote