Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/266/143

Height: 5'6"

Smile OMG, lost 10lbs in 10 days, I have been doing it wrong all these years!

I was diagnosed with PCOS ten years ago and always heard low carb, low carb, low carb. Low carb takes too much prep for my "on-the-go with a traveling job" lifestyle, so I was always doomed to fail everytime I got aboard the low carb train. I am getting married this year and was also at my highest weight ever 2 weeks ago when I went to my doctor for a wellness check. I downloaded the Noom Weight Loss Coach app to my phone and set a goal weight of 143 (I'm 5'6") which has a calorie budget of 1690. I realize now that I was definitely clearing 3000 calories a day before. I have been staying within the 1450-1690 range for the last 10 days and I have literally dropped a pound a day. I know the weight won't drop off so fast forever, but I can't believe how much easier it is to say "I've met my calorie budget for the day" than "can't have this, can't have that, nope, not that." I can eat the same things as my fiance who lives with me as long as I am having what he calls a "dainty portion."

Can't wait to get to know you ladies!
JetSet1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yayyy!!!! Isn't it an awesome feeling to finally figure out what works for you?! So happy for you! Congrats on your 10lbs and wish you luck on the rest (not that you need it! )
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Wonderful! Congratulations on a fabulous start! I will never go back to low carbs or any of the other many ways I've tried, either. Counting Calories is all that works and this is going to be a lifestyle because I know it works! I'm really happy you've found it works for you, too!
Liz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSet1982 View Post
I was diagnosed with PCOS ten years ago and always heard low carb, low carb, low carb. Low carb takes too much prep for my "on-the-go with a traveling job" lifestyle, so I was always doomed to fail everytime I got aboard the low carb train. I am getting married this year and was also at my highest weight ever 2 weeks ago when I went to my doctor for a wellness check. I downloaded the Noom Weight Loss Coach app to my phone and set a goal weight of 143 (I'm 5'6") which has a calorie budget of 1690. I realize now that I was definitely clearing 3000 calories a day before. I have been staying within the 1450-1690 range for the last 10 days and I have literally dropped a pound a day. I know the weight won't drop off so fast forever, but I can't believe how much easier it is to say "I've met my calorie budget for the day" than "can't have this, can't have that, nope, not that." I can eat the same things as my fiance who lives with me as long as I am having what he calls a "dainty portion."

Can't wait to get to know you ladies!
Awesome job. I use my fitness pal. 36lbs down since January. I have occasionally strayed and gone over. Some days by 3000 calories. What I like is the reality check when you push the button and it tells you what you will way in 5 weeks.
Keep up the good work.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote