3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Do you drink diet soda? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/280390-do-you-drink-diet-soda.html)

Koshka 04-27-2013 10:06 PM

I drink cherry coke zero and it has never interfered with my weight loss. I am, however, currently cutting back on it - not because I think it is unhealthy - because I want to cut out caffeine and I felt I was spending too much money on it. I still drink it or coke zero when I go out to eat.

tdesrocher 05-01-2013 01:43 PM

I used to drink a ton of diet soda, several a day and nothing else I almost never drink anything but water (and one cup of coffee) now and haven't for a few years, I did not notice any change in my diet success or failure, I just knew if wasn't good for me so it was something that was unhealthy to eliminate. Plus it saves a lot of$$$ not buying it.

wolfgirl69 05-01-2013 01:52 PM

It turns out I need the caffeine. My medication causes focusing issues. Can't get my school work done. So it's like having ADHD but I can't take those medication because of my bipolar (It will trigger a manic episode and that's bad). And caffeine is the only thing that seems to help me focus on my school work. But my meds also make me caffeine sensitive so I can only drink 2 cans a day... i think. I'm still figure it out. It may be 1 can. It depends how tonight goes.

Garnet2727 05-01-2013 02:18 PM

I drink three 20-ounce bottles of Diet Coke every day. It has no discernible impact on my weight loss efforts. What it does do is to wake my sleepy butt up. Right now, I freely admit being addicted to caffeine and I also freely admit that I have no intention of cutting it out or cutting back. The times in my life that I haven't had caffeine have been awful. I get severe headaches to the point of vomiting. I'll pass on that.

Steen 05-01-2013 04:01 PM

I'm drinking a Diet Coke right now:D. I find them filling, especially room temperature Diet Coke. I drink maybe one every couple of days...

NorthernChick13 05-01-2013 04:21 PM

I drink Crystal Light with vodka as a low-cal alcoholic drink. I drink once a week so I feel it can't hurt!

beecurrency 05-01-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdesrocher (Post 4726473)
I used to drink a ton of diet soda, several a day and nothing else I almost never drink anything but water (and one cup of coffee) now and haven't for a few years, I did not notice any change in my diet success or failure, I just knew if wasn't good for me so it was something that was unhealthy to eliminate. Plus it saves a lot of$$$ not buying it.

I love this! I didn't think to ask if anyone had given it up and noticed a difference. This is encouraging that its not going to kill my diet. =) I will say again though, that I RARELY drink it, but still good to know that an occasional treat isn't doing anything.

Stars 05-08-2013 11:17 AM

rarely, but I used to all the time until I started to watch what I eat. I had one diet soda about 2 weeks ago and omg, it made me feel literally alive and happy. I felt so good after drinking it. It was a can of happy! lol I don't get it, drinking water doesn't make me feel that way, but oh boy, that soda sure did!

AdorkablePG 05-08-2013 12:03 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE diet coke but can not drink it. When I drink diet soda I crave real sugar. So it's best for me to just stay away.

thnknthin1 05-08-2013 12:14 PM

Yes. I have about one diet coke a day....and it has not affected my weight loss.

Tibbits2u 05-08-2013 01:35 PM

i drink diet drinks all the time. drinking them have had no imapact on my losses, I never crave other stuff or go off my diet plan. I wont drink plain water at all..the smell and taste just make me gag.

Remington90 05-08-2013 02:08 PM

I only get one when I'm out to eat. Sometimes when I get subway, I'll get a Coke Zero. If there's anything besides water, I'd rather a nestea zero (splenda) or a variety of different teas.

beecurrency 05-09-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remington90 (Post 4734920)
I only get one when I'm out to eat. Sometimes when I get subway, I'll get a Coke Zero. If there's anything besides water, I'd rather a nestea zero (splenda) or a variety of different teas.

That's too funny! That's exactly why I asked - I was eating Subway and got a Coke Zero with it. :D Normally it's water or tea for me.

sosurreptitious 05-09-2013 08:49 PM

I used to drink about five bottles of Diet Dr Pepper a day on average. But I started to notice that I was actually having issues with my food intake . I was craving sweets and fats and I would find myself over-consuming at night. But that has been my own personal experience.

Betty Jewel 05-09-2013 11:28 PM

I stopped drinking Coke Zero about 7-8 months ago. It took a good 6 months for the cravings to go away.