Goals

• Hey everyone! I'm new here..well kind of. I've been stalking the site for quite some time now and I finally decided to start posting for help. I want to set a mini goal of 10 pounds.
    weight: 158.2
    height: 5'4
    My question is if I'm eating between 1200-1500 calories a day, do you think i can achieve this mini goal to lose 10 pound in 5 weeks (May 10th)?
    or am i being an over achiever, and should lower it?

Thanks for any help
  • I don't see anything wrong with having that as your goal, as long as it won't cause you great discouragement if the scale doesn't fully cooperate.
  • I think it's totally achievable. But just remember, if you don't see a change on the scale, you may still see it and feel it in your clothes. My weightloss and the way my clothes fit don't always match up. For example, I might only lose less than 2lbs this week but the button on my pants might be looser. It's not just the scale that shows we have succeeded!

If I was trying to lose a certain amount in your time frame, I'd dedicate my diet to lean proteins, lots of veggies and some fruit, no soda, very little alcohol, and 64oz of water a day. Some exercise (nothing extreme) a day will surely help too.

Good luck, you can do this!! We are here for you!
  • Welcome! Well, if you are just starting, it's hard to say! You don't weigh a lot as it is and weight comes off faster the more you weigh. I'd say give it a shot, and if you stay on plan, you'll learn what your weight loss is going to be like in a month. You might find 10 lbs is reasonable, or you might find 5 is! Either way, you'll definitely lose weight with that amount of calories. Good luck and remember that in the start, it's about getting to know your body
  • Quote: Hey everyone! I'm new here..well kind of. I've been stalking the site for quite some time now and I finally decided to start posting for help. I want to set a mini goal of 10 pounds.
    weight: 158.2
    height: 5'4
    My question is if I'm eating between 1200-1500 calories a day, do you think i can achieve this mini goal to lose 10 pound in 5 weeks (May 10th)?
    or am i being an over achiever, and should lower it?

Thanks for any help
    I think it totally depends on how many calories you burn each day. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week then you have to burn 1000 calories a day more than you eat. I average about 1200 calories a day (I'm 5'4", but probably older than you) and I normally burn between 1850 and 1950 calories a day. So I know I couldn't do what you want to do.

However, I sit at my work and have a sedentary lifestyle and I have to really work hard at it to burn more than 1900 calories a day. You might have a much more active lifestyle and might find it easy to do.