Alyssa's Food Log and Notes

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: That's not true. Not even a little bit. I think it's important to know that! Especially since this is a public forum, I'd hate for someone else to read that and take it as truth, since it isn't. Fat gain come from calorie excess, not from confusing your body by eating at different calorie levels daily. If you are in a deficit, you are in a deficit, period. If you are in an excess, that is what makes you gain fat.

Keep up the good work, though! I think it's great your record here!
    really? i guess i should start taking what people say with a grain of salt... i just figured other people know better than me and that was something i was told... i was also told that going under 1200 puts you into starvation mode where you burn muscle and gain fat.
  • 4/20/13 too bad i have no weed to celebrate xD
    coffee: 76
    oatmeal: 120
    1/2 turkey sandwich: 175
    1/3 package ham steak: 75
    broccoli and carrots: 38
    red potatoes: 100
    bacon mozzarella ranch fries: 450
    most of a bottle of root beer: 275
    total: 1309
    exercise: none
    notes:
  • 4/21/13
    4 mugs coffee: 152
    large 1/2 blueberry muffin: 100
    total: 252
    exercise:
    notes: was up very early
  • i'm sure people have noticed but ive taken a break from recording
    im just too triggered by the numbers
  • okay so i havent posted in a while because i stopped counting calories. i'm gonna start keeping a log again, but im not going to try and stuff myself for the extra calories if i come in under

5/22/13
    breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with 1/4 slice cheese, 2 strips bacon, 4 mugs coffee- 353
    snack: apple- 75
    lunch: veg salad with steak in it with red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil for dressing- 135?
    snack: skipped
    dinner: 1 popeye's fried chicken breast, 1 cup lightly buttered steamed brussel sprouts- 330
    snack: 3 pieces chocolate with caramel, 1 cherry blow pop- 155
    total: 1048
    exercise: 1 walk, 2 miles on bike, a few crunches, a bunch of wall pushups
    notes: i wanted to enjoy breaded and fried chicken before i really start going paleo. also i usually only have 2 mugs coffee, but today i felt like having more just for the taste. i'll be going back to 2 cups tomorrow.
  • 5/23/13
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee, no sugar, light creamer, 2 eggs with 1/2 slice cheese and 1/2 cup mushrooms- 304
    snack: skipped
    lunch: veal chop with mushrooms and steamed lightly buttered brussel sprouts- 275
    snack: 1 snickers bar- 250
    dinner: bacon-wrapped chicken breast with lightly buttered steamed veggies- 340
    snack: 1 orange, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup cashews- 250
    total: 1419
    exercise: 1 mile on bike, 25 crunches, 25 wall pushups
    notes: snickers bar is a treat i haven't had in a long time, not making a habit out of it. also, bought some multivitamins and a colon cleanse. i heard those cleanses can clean out literally pounds of junk out of your intestinal tract and make you feel less bloated. the bacon, snickers bar, and cashews added a lot of calories, but i'm under 1500 so i'm happy.
  • 5/24/13
    breakfast: half bowl honey bunches of oats with almond milk, 2 mugs coffee- 200
    snack: apple, 3 pieces harshey's dark chocolate with caramel- 170
    lunch: 2 oz lightly sauced spaghetti, 1 chicken sausage- 350
    snack: 1/4 toasted everything bagel thin with neuchatel cheese, 2 slices porkroll- 200
    dinner: garlic shrimp pasta with veg- 300
    snack: 1 mug coffee, fiber one brownie: 130ish
    total: 1350
    exercise: 25 wall pushups, 25 crunches
    notes: decided to have a bowl of cereal before starting my diet~ am going shopping today for supplies for the week's diet. i was gonna eat the whole bagel thin for my snack, but i over-toasted it and it was terrible. and i am the type of person who can go straight to sleep after drinking coffee so i don't think the nighttime coffee is too bad
  • 5/25/13
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee, 1 mug detox tea (no sweetener), 1 scrambled egg with small amount ketchup- 165
    snack: 1 orange- 75
    lunch: grilled cheese- 350
    snack: 3 pieces dark chocolate with caramel- 95
    dinner: 1 medium slice domino's pizza, 8 domino's bbq wings- 345 (i don't think this is right but whatever)
    snack: 1 apple, 1 fiber one brownie, 1 mug chamomile tea- 165
    exercise: none because my arms were sore
    total: 1195 but i think the bbq wings are not right so i'm going to add 200 to make 1395
    notes: the last grilled cheese i will have in quite a while! totally worth the extra calories, though. and the domino's was because my grandma wanted pizza and she doesn't cook on saturdays. was gonna get chinese instead but she wanted pizza.
  • According to the Dominos website, 8 BBQ chicken wings is 500 calories, just so you know. The pizza would depend on what toppings/size/crust you ordered.
  • Quote: According to the Dominos website, 8 BBQ chicken wings is 500 calories, just so you know. The pizza would depend on what toppings/size/crust you ordered.
    oh i used calorie count and it said something like 175 per serving of bbq wings and i assumed 1 serving was 4 of them.

either way i'm sure i'm still under 1500 so idc about fixing it
  • 5/26/13 WEIGHED IN AT 178.6
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee with 1/2 tbsp heavy cream each and 1/2 tbsp sugar each, 1 scrambled egg, 2 slices lo-sodium bacon- 290
    snack: 1 mug detox tea, no sweetener- 0
    lunch: tuna with olive oil mayo on cucumber, 1 small veg salad with oil and vinegar for dressing- 235
    snack: dried veggie slices, handful cashews- 290
    dinner: 1 chicken thigh, 1/2 cup cooked mushrooms, 2 cups lightly buttered green beans, 1 1/2 cups watermelon- 269
    snack: 3 small pieces chocolate, dried veggie slices-290
    exercise: 1 mile on bike, 25 wall pushups, 25 crunches
    total: 1374
    notes: day 1 of the paleo diet attempt. will weigh myself when the week is over. the coffee tastes terrible with just cream and no sweetener, so i'm going to cheat a bit on coffee and add 1/2 tbsp sugar per mug, otherwise it's simply too bitter. the dinner made me ridiculously full, but the green beans were tasty and when my gram took out watermelon i couldn't resist!
  • 5/27/13
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee with heavy cream and sugar, 2 paleo chocolate chip pancakes- 350
    snack: handful cashews- 160
    lunch: veg salad and a turkey burger with tomato and olive oil mayo on lettuce instead of bun- 245?
    snack: orange- 75
    dinner: 2 oz steak and 4 large steamed brussel sprouts in butter, 1 serving dark chocolate- 300?
    snack: 1/2 serving dark chocolate, 2 cups watermelon, 1 egg over easy- 245
    total: 1375
    exercise: break
    notes: wish i had been able to find coconut flour, i really wanna try the paleo brownies.
  • 5/28/13
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee with heavy cream and sugar, 1 egg over easy, 2 slices bacon- 240
    snack: 2 mugs coffee- 50
    lunch: minestrone soup- 85
    snack: detox tea, no sweetener or cream or milk- 0
    dinner: 1/2 piece tilapia, 1 cup buttered cauliflower, 1/2 cup buttered corn- 150
    second, later dinner: 3 chicken tenderloins, steamed buttered veg- 190
    snack: chocolate, 2 cups watermelon, 1 orange, 1/4 cup cashews- 457
    total: 1312
    exercise: 3 walks, 25 wall pushups, 25 crunches
    notes:
  • 5/29/13
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee with heavy cream and sugar, 2 eggs over easy- 250
    snack: banana- 100
    lunch: 1/2 plate sesame chicken - 500
    snack: nothing
    dinner: was gonna have the rest of the sesame chicken but had a bowl of fruit mixed instead- 200
    snack: 1 "candybar"- 385
    total: 1435
    exercise: did a bipolar study and that tired me out
    notes: didn't realize sesame chicken had breading on it until i actually took a bite... and of course at that point i can't return it =_= i was gonna eat the whole thing but halfway through felt guilty for eating something not on my diet... also couldn't find the right calories so i'm just guessing like 500 for it. the "candybar" is dark chocolate with almond and is 45% cacao, low carb, no sugar added, no trans fat, and gluten free. wasn't the healthiest day in the high-calorie stuff i ate, i really shouldn't be eating the whole chocolate bar in one go though... but chocolate cravings suckkk
  • 6/2/13
    breakfast: 2 mugs coffee with cream- 50
    lunch: steak salad (2 oz steak) with oil and vinegar, paleo brownie- 300
    dinner: 3 oz seasoned veal, 1/4 cup sauteed mushrooms, 1 cup lightly buttered green beans- 210
    snack: 2 squares lindt dark chocolate, 100 calorie can mixed fruit- 200
    before-bed extra snack: 6 oz raspberries- abt 50
    total: 810
    exercise: walking
    notes: didn't count a couple days but i didn't eat much