Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #1  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Default back again :(

i am back.
again, with a regain. AGAIN.

i am frustrated, stressed, upset, and feel as though life is just spiraling out of control for the past several months.

i have gained an UNNECESSARY amount of weight in the past 3 months. presumably because i was unwilling to maintain and kept pushing, which kept giving me weight gains. i then left 3fc due to shame, lack of time, and regret- hoping to do it by myself.

i have proven myself wrong, again.

so, time to lace up the shoes, and start again.

this thread is more for me, then for anybody else, but i will check this forum daily, being openly accountable.

july is a terrible month for celebrations, and i am spiraling out of control. i have a big event on friday, saturday, following wednesday, following friday, and then the weekend after that. so, my goal is to learn to say no to foods- and to calorie budget.

with that being said- i am very good at work, and then i come home and it's game over. i also feel like my metabolism is doing something funny, because it's not as easy as it was before.

my goal from today- wednesday, until friday is to stay on plan. without counting (i have been doing this long enough to know portions and what i should be eating) - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. that is it. that is all. i have noticed that my snacks have remained healthy, but have come far more frequently. so i will limit myself on them. here is my plan:

coffee: 6 am.
breakfast: crustless eggwhite quiche 9 am.
snack: veg/ laughing cow. - 11 am.
lunch: salad/chicken 1 pm.
snack: grapefruit/yogurt 3 pm
dinner: small steak (4oz ish)/steamed veg 6
snack (fruit) tbd : 7

to me, this is a very low day. can anybody make suggestions? i am not low carbing on purpose, but i AM trying to go easy on the wheat products. usually i would have oatmeal instead of the crutless egg quiche for bfast. i also find that i am usually STARVING by dinner at 6 pm (which is when i get home from work)- if i am still hungry after dinner, i will have a little oatmeal with my peice of fruit in order to avoid any kind of unwanted snacking. this is probably about 1500 calories (ballpark).

does anybody see any issues with this game plan? i need suggestions.

Last edited by stimkovs; 07-11-2012 at 06:51 AM.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Stimkovs - Your game plan looks good. For me, I have to make myself count every calorie, or I start to slip in a little more and more. It sounds like you have figured out what will work for you.

Have you been exercising regularly in the last few months?

I have lost some (163 in Sept.) and regained some (199.8...that was a wake-up call for me). For me really getting refocused was the hardest part. I have not made it to maintenance yet, but I am sure that is quite an adjustment too. You will figure out how to get yourself refocused and soon you will be figuring out how to maintain.

What can you do to help reduce eating too much at when you get home from work? Drink more water? A decaf tea? Go for a walk, the gym?

You CAN do this.

I have a fitbit I love, I have made it a daily goal to reach a minimum of 8000 steps daily, quite often I am over that amount. Yesterday one of my daughters asked me, "How many more days do you have to make sure you reach 8,000 steps?" I looked at her (smiling as the answer really came to me) and I said, "for ever and ever". Then I explained it was something I needed to do to for a healthy lifestyle, just like making sure we are making healthy food choices.

Last edited by envelope; 07-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #3  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

stimkovs,
Don't be so hard on yourself!
Remind yourself how far you've come and don't stress too much over some regain. You can only fail if you give up and quit, which you haven't done.

Maintaining the loss of a large amount of weight is a life-long effort for most and what you said about it getting harder to lose is often true so don't get into a pattern of yo-yo dieting/weight loss (like I have). Don't cut your calories too drastically or exercise beyond a reasonable amount. Your diet/exercise plan needs to be something you can do for the long term.

If you continue to struggle perhaps you should try maintaining a higher weight than your original goal for awhile.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #4  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope View Post
Stimkovs - Your game plan looks good. For me, I have to make myself count every calorie, or I start to slip in a little more and more. It sounds like you have figured out what will work for you.

Have you been exercising regularly in the last few months?
i'm actually calling it the method of trial and error. since this has been a 3 year process, i do know what is good and what is bad, my issue is quantity, and like, not "knowing what a serving is", but rather knowing and then just keeping at it, and eating more anyways.

my exercise has not been affected. i practice bikram yoga, religiously and will continue to do so its just the quantity of food.

Quote:
I have lost some (163 in Sept.) and regained some (199.8...that was a wake-up call for me). For me really getting refocused was the hardest part. I have not made it to maintenance yet, but I am sure that is quite an adjustment too. You will figure out how to get yourself refocused and soon you will be figuring out how to maintain.
this is hard. i'm actually at 190 this morning. this scares me. i have undone almost a years worth of work, in the last 3 months. i know it's getting back on the horse and going for it, but it's like i have 0 self restraint. i keep making plans, but not acting on them. i drink a lot of water, i leave for work at 7 am , and get home at 6 pm. from there i leave for the studio around 7 20, that 80 minutes nearly kills me every time, because my body DEMANDS fuel, it's wierd and it knows im not going to eat after.

Quote:
I have a fitbit I love, I have made it a daily goal to reach a minimum of 8000 steps daily, quite often I am over that amount. Yesterday one of my daughters asked me, "How many more days do you have to make sure you reach 8,000 steps?" I looked at her (smiling as the answer really came to me) and I said, "for ever and ever". Then I explained it was something I needed to do to for a healthy lifestyle, just like making sure we are making healthy food choices.
i have considered this device as most people speak fondly of it. what other functionalities does it have that you find useful?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #5  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMoreCelery View Post

Don't be so hard on yourself!
Remind yourself how far you've come and don't stress too much over some regain. You can only fail if you give up and quit, which you haven't done.
Thank you! i have not given up, nor quit- but i feel as though i am undoing 6 steps a day, and its spiralling downward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMoreCelery View Post

Maintaining the loss of a large amount of weight is a life-long effort for most and what you said about it getting harder to lose is often true so don't get into a pattern of yo-yo dieting/weight loss (like I have). Don't cut your calories too drastically or exercise beyond a reasonable amount. Your diet/exercise plan needs to be something you can do for the long term.

If you continue to struggle perhaps you should try maintaining a higher weight than your original goal for awhile.
maintaining is SO hard ! in theory, it is so simple and easy, in practice- it's hard to find the balance. my lowest was 168, which is 101 lbs. i want to be back there, and hold there for a while. i see myself getting fitter, but it is also adding bulk unfortunately, i need to lean out.

thank you so much for your inspiration chickies <3 y'all are the reason that this forum is so beneficial !
Old 07-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #6  
Swim for your life!

S/C/G: 294/179/154

Height: 5'6"

You have lost almost 100lbs!! you are a rockstar!! We all fall off, it's a matter of knowing you want to get back on, and that you have to get back on!!! you've got this don't be so hard on yourself!
Bridgettedavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post

my exercise has not been affected. i practice bikram yoga, religiously and will continue to do so its just the quantity of food.
AWESOME!

Quote:
this is hard. i'm actually at 190 this morning. this scares me. i have undone almost a years worth of work, in the last 3 months.
I did exactly the same thing.

Quote:
i know it's getting back on the horse and going for it, but it's like i have 0 self restraint. i keep making plans, but not acting on them. i drink a lot of water, i leave for work at 7 am , and get home at 6 pm. from there i leave for the studio around 7 20, that 80 minutes nearly kills me every time, because my body DEMANDS fuel, it's wierd and it knows im not going to eat after.
I wonder if you ate a more during the day, if that would help? When I do not eat enough during the day then at night I end going crazy...and I can not stop myself. When I have eaten enough through out the day, I am fine, I can resist. You burn a lot of cals with your workout.

Quote:
i have considered this device as most people speak fondly of it. what other functionalities does it have that you find useful?
I used the bodymediafit which you wear as an armband for 8 months and completely loved it! (Free membership for 3 months or 12 months depending on where you purchase it, then about $6 a month afterward). It tracks sleep patterns, calories burned, and movement throughout the day. I found it to be completely accurate with my cal burn and movement throughout the day. I stopped wearing it when I started a new position and really just did not want to have to explain what it was. I never minded the questions socially, but for some reason at work I would rather everyone not see it. Silly huh? Then I stopped calorie counting...then the weight started coming back on. So I decided to try out the fitbit, I do not think the calorie burn is as accurate...I wore them both for a few days to compare. The advantage with the fitbit is that there is no monthly fee and most importantly to me is I place it on my bra strap and no one knows I am wearing it, unless I choose to tell them. It keeps track of steps, flights of stairs climbed (really it measures movement up every 10 ft is a flight of stairs I think), miles, sleep patterns and aprox cals burned.

Last edited by envelope; 07-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #8  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
I did exactly the same thing.
right back! how did you get back to it? just "resume business as usual but with a fit bit?

Quote:
I wonder if you ate a more during the day, if that would help? When I do not eat enough during the day then at night I end going crazy...and I can not stop myself. When I have eaten enough through out the day, I am fine, I can resist. You burn a lot of cals with your workout.
you're deffinately right. i used to "front load" my calories. so i would eat about 900-950 cals between 7 am, and 6 pm. right now i am only eating about 750-800 so when i get home, im RAVENOUS. the thing is, i did this because i am currently no longer living alone (and living with my parents for a while) in a house where butter, cheese, coldcuts, and all other HEALTHY but highly fatty foods are in abundance. clearly i got to where i was by following the "sea food diet" . i sees it, I EATS IT. that's an old, hard habit to kick unfortunately. you know, can't teach a old dog new tricks? still out to prove that one wrong.

Quote:
I used the bodymediafit which you wear as an armband for 8 months and completely loved it! (Free membership for 3 months or 12 months depending on where you purchase it, then about $6 a month afterward). It tracks sleep patterns, calories burned, and movement throughout the day. I found it to be completely accurate with my cal burn and movement throughout the day. I stopped wearing it when I started a new position and really just did not want to have to explain what it was. I never minded the questions socially, but for some reason at work I would rather everyone not see it. Silly huh? Then I stopped calorie counting...then the weight started coming back on. So I decided to try out the fitbit, I do not think the calorie burn is as accurate...I wore them both for a few days to compare. The advantage with the fitbit is that there is no monthly fee and most importantly to me is I place it on my bra strap and no one knows I am wearing it, unless I choose to tell them. It keeps track of steps, flights of stairs climbed (really it measures movement up every 10 ft is a flight of stairs I think), miles, sleep patterns and aprox cals burned.
that's awesome. i am deffinately considering it. i do not really look at colorie burns as i do not account it into my food, as i find exercise to be rewarding the body with endorphins as opposed to a "I HAVE TO EXERCISE BECAUSE I AT SO AND SO". have you heard anything about the nike fuel band?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #9  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgettedavis View Post
You have lost almost 100lbs!! you are a rockstar!! We all fall off, it's a matter of knowing you want to get back on, and that you have to get back on!!! you've got this don't be so hard on yourself!
look at you!!! 100+

thank you for the kind encouragement <3
i did actually see my 100. for exactly 1 day. i saw 168.8, once. and then it was all downhill from there lol
Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Glad to see you! I have been wondering about you. You have lost alot of weight and you will lose some more. I have faith in you.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #11  
Dedicated Yogi

toobig, by the looks of things, you're not too big anymore!! congrats on your continued momentum!!

and thank you for always being such an inspiration and voice of advice!

s.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #12  

stimkovs - Yes, I pretty much just jumped back in...although I went a little off track over the holiday. An amazing thing for me, is that when I calorie count, I lose weight...because I am thinking about my food choices. I use the fitbit as a tool to motivate me to get in more exercise, which of course does help with the cal burn and losing weight.
I have not seen or heard much on the nike fuel band. I imagine it gives somewhat similar to the data you can get with fitbit and bodymediafit, I remember my son said something about it working with an Ipod? You should check it out...if any of them seem like they will help motivate you, reward yourself with one.

This weight loss thing is a pain at times, but being healthy is so worth it. Yes, you and I slipped up a bit, but we can keep moving forward (or should I say keep the scale moving downward).

Last edited by envelope; 07-11-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #13  
Dedicated Yogi

yay!! so i stuck to it yesterday. all day.

then i went to the studio, it was the hottest, most packed class ever, and i'm pretty sure that i sweat out a cheeseburger from somewhere around grade 6.

here is my issue as of late- given that i have lost a large amount of weight, and even though i regained 20 lbs, i never lost my muscle, and continued building because i never even took a pause on the yoga. now, moreso when i was 20 lbs lighter, i find that having "good days" really affects my skin. i mean, i do have some loose skin at the bottom of my belly "pooch" and after i have a good day, it deflates and gets really itchy. (tmi??). but anyways, this almost always makes me eat the night of the second or third day.

i mean, mentally i know that this "itchy" feeling is synonomous with the fat filling up my skin shrinking, and i know that going to bed a little hungry means that im going to be lighter in the morning, but simultaneously- this makes me wake up HUNGRY. and ITCHY. ugh. suggestions?

i am STARVING. i've already had the first part of my breakfast, and bought an extra coffee. next is oatmeal + some fruits. but i am unsure whether i should bite the bullet and eat it, or try to hold out until about 10: 30. especially because i forgot a part of my lunch at home, and the building i work in has NOTHING in it. like, no food except for a vending machiene (which isn't even a temptation).