Daily Calorie Counting Accountability (#5!)

You're on Page 9 of 33
Go to
  • b: cereal: 300
    s: carrots: 60
    l: ravioli: 270
    d: noodles and gyoza: 500
    cookie: 200?
    few bites of carrot cake: 200

total: 1530
  • SEAL: I promise, we are having the same in-body experience!!!
    to you, sweet friend!!

AFM: I am going to our camping resort on the river for a few days. I'll be back Saturday & I work on Sunday. It may be Monday before I check back in. I hope you all have a nice OP week!!!

• *Sorry long post*
    K9Owner- Enjoy your mini vacay! And thanks for your welcome earlier.
    summerlove- I noticed we are about the same height and have the same goal weight. I started this time at 183 about, so you starting weight this time is also quite similar. How many calories do you eat per day, it seems like what your doing is really working for you.

So yesterday was terrible!! I got a prime example of how I can eat very healthy foods and still go WAY over ont he calories (which explains how I gained 3 lbs in the two months of eating healthier foods). Apparently I have am capable of eating vast quantities of foods!!

We had dinner with my husbands friends, and our host, I know he was trying to be a gracious host, would refill my wine glass when I wasnt looking. I finally caught him in action the last time and was able to say "Oh thank you but I dont need anymore." I had planned on only one glass, I'm estimating 2 1/2 to be safe. I think it was probably only two glasses, but it quite frusterating to not be sure since my glass was magically not going empty for awhile. This had a big part to do with the fact I went so terribly over.
    The second big problem was that the day simply escaped me and I was supposed to do a six mile run according to my training schedule, well. I didnt end up running at all, and I had already eaten calories that day like I did run, so before we ate dinnner I was already over 1200. Sorry I'll stop boring you with the details of my mistakes. I will say I have learned some valuable lessons.
    1) I dont get to eat more for excercise that has not occured. Planning to run or workout a certain amount does not mean I get to plan meals like it has happened. Extra calories for excerise perfromed have to be eaten after said excercise is done.
    2) I need to be more upfront at social gathers about my plans to only have one glass. (Or I probably need to start just saying I'm trying to train and am not drinking for awhile, ha ha then stop drinking!).

I wont throw in the details after this long winded post, but just throw out the total.

Wednesday's calorie count: 2749 cals
  • Quick question.....
    Do any of you try to make up for bad days? I was considering only eating 1200 a day and excercising until I "made up" the extra 1500 I ate yesterday. So I would eat only 1200, but still workout and not eat any excercise calories back until I burned off the 1500.

Anyone do this? Any thoughts about doing this?
    I wonder if that will make an energy issue for my runs?
  • Quote: summerlove- I noticed we are about the same height and have the same goal weight. I started this time at 183 about, so you starting weight this time is also quite similar. How many calories do you eat per day, it seems like what your doing is really working for you.
    Well, I've been struggling the last few days with staying on plan due to TOM, but I kept track of the last month of calorie counting, and it averages out to 1400 calories approx. Some days I eat around 1200 or less, and some days I eat 2000+ when I go off plan. I haven't started working out yet.
  • Quote: Well, I've been struggling the last few days with staying on plan due to TOM, but I kept track of the last month of calorie counting, and it averages out to 1400 calories approx. Some days I eat around 1200 or less, and some days I eat 2000+ when I go off plan. I haven't started working out yet.
    Well it looks like you have averaged 2 lbs a week. Thats awesome! Being taller I wondered if 1200 calories was a maintainable goal for me, which is part of why I decided to eat back 1/2 of the calories I burn off. But obviously you have made it work and your tall also. I know every body is different, but I feel that knowing its not too few for some taller women I should at least give it a good trial before I consider adding more calories to my base.

Thanks!
  • Quote: Quick question.....
    Do any of you try to make up for bad days? I was considering only eating 1200 a day and excercising until I "made up" the extra 1500 I ate yesterday. So I would eat only 1200, but still workout and not eat any excercise calories back until I burned off the 1500.

Anyone do this? Any thoughts about doing this?
    I wonder if that will make an energy issue for my runs?

I do this when I can. I always take days where I can eat a lower cal amount (which don't happen all that often) and run with it because I know that there w/be days that I'm going to eat higher cals.

Some days I'm shocked that I can eat 12000-1300 cals for the day and not be starving and not be tempted to go off plan or whatever . . . and then there are days where I get 'the hollows' (I think that's what they called it in The Hunger Games), where no matter what I eat I'm just hungry nearly all day.

I think it's actually better to vary your daily cal intake rather than just sticking to a set number day in and day out. Just like exercise, your body gets used to what you provide it with and gets reallly efficient, which makes it harder to lose weight (fat).
  • Quote: SEAL: I promise, we are having the same in-body experience!!!
    to you, sweet friend!!

AFM: I am going to our camping resort on the river for a few days. I'll be back Saturday & I work on Sunday. It may be Monday before I check back in. I hope you all have a nice OP week!!!

Omg, it's driving me batsh*t crazzzzy! lol Hopefully after this whole TOM thing has passed (for this month anyway) my body will readjust or something and I can get back to moving the scale down. March was beyond frustrating. Hey, have a great mini-vaca! Enjoy!!
  • b: coffee, picante/cheese omelet, 2 slices PF raisin toast w/some butter - 550*
    s: greek yogurt w/some granola - 200
    d: (planned) homemade burgers on da charcoal grill and homemade fries - 600-700

Total: 1450 or thereabouts

*am so uncomfortable in mah body right now, just want to curl up and hug a heating pad. Well, at least the craving for a bucket of chocolate ice cream and a salt lick has passed!
  • B: Greek Yogurt and banana 209 calories
    L: homemade turkey burger 308 calories
    D: homemade zucchini lasagna with extra cheese 479 calories
    S: WW ice cream, 1/2 pear 140 calories

Total for 4/4/12: 1136

Cardio: 315
  • Calorie Goal Update
    So I have decided to up my calore goal to 1400-1500 instead of 1200, and I'm not eating back calories unless it was a long run day, in which case I'll eat back half of what I burned. At 5'11" and just starting out I want there to be leeway to tale calories away if I need too in order to keep losing to goal.

I did a bad thing and didnt eat this morning. I was feeling bloated after yesterdays overeating debacle and just didnt eat.
    Ran 7 miles- 932 cals burned according to myfitnesspal.

Breakfast- nada 0 cals
    Lunch- Huge salad with whole fresh mango, tomato and slivered almonds and tuscan dressing. 2 cup homemade veggie chili with 1 tsp nuttitional yeast flakes- 755 cals
    Dinner- Fish tacos with pan fried cod, 1 tortilla, spanish rice, 2 tbsp ff sour cream, avocado, shredded cabbage, and pico de gallo (had a second serving sans the tortilla-786 cals
    Snack- strawberries 40 cals

Calore Goal 1400-1500
    Daily Total for Thursday: 1481 cals
  • Thursday
    Hi all,

I used to do this thing all the time, but it just wasn't cutting it. However, I realize now that I have to stay a lot more focused not on my exercise habits (I have great exercise habits), I guess my major problem is my eating habits. I figure that I am going to try and log my foods for the next 30 days, that's the goal that I have.

So on May 4th, I should have been eating 1500 calories for the whole month. It's super tough for me to imagine doing it past a one month mark. After I finish for 1 month, I'll stretch it out to another 2 months. From there, I will try to keep doing it up to 6 months, and from there my next goal will be a year.

B:Kashi w/Banana and milk (348)
    L: leftover pizza (435)
    D: tacos (428)
    S: celery and peanut butter (269), banana (105)

Total calories: 1585 cal
  • librarygirl- I love how you out the days in your signature and are using smiley faces beside each on. On plan for a month is a great goal.

Kudos for the great excercise habits.
  • disappointed and discouraged......
    Wednesday I tripped over a computer cord and messed up my big toe. I went to the dr today and had an xray....praise is that it is not broken!!! BUT I messed up my ligament really bad (my toe is black and blue and swollen!!!). My dr said no walking (I was just starting to walk 5K 5-6 days) for a month

This is so going to throw me off. I had just lost 10lbs and I know it was partly due to exercise. I will try to stick to eating well, but really in a mood, and PMSing doesn't help right now.

Yoga? weights? sigh......just discouraged. The past few days have been awful eating. I haven't been buying anything due to walking issues (today is better) so dh just orders McD's everything seems to be off track.

Tomorrow will try to get back on track with eating, though there is a family visiting til Monday. BLAH!
  • panshrmu- That sucks! Having to hear you cant do an exercise activity when you weer getting the ball rolling is the worst! I definitely think lifting weight and some yoga are awesome things to do. Also you could take this time to really make the focus on what your eating?

You can do this. Obstacles might come at you, but your strong and capable to handle them. I hope today started off much better for you.

Well here I am reconsidering my calories again. Yesterday went really well actually. But I did spend quite a bit of time researching on the computer. That and picking back of "the new rules of weightlifting for women" a book with stregth training programs I started doing a few years ago and LOVED. Actually the reason I quit doing the program was because I was training for a 1/2 marathon (I run one, sometimes 2 every year) and I was afraid of lifting heavy and following it with run days. Anyways, I really felt the program was good, but never paid alot of attention to the dietary suggestions at the time. This time I thought I'd actually read through those chapters and see what the author suggests. Well he was quite emphatic about not cutting too many calories right away. All this stuff after how you cant run on car on empty, and that fueling your working are so important. Even non workout days he suggests most people don't cut from maintenece calories right away.

Now I'm not willing to eat at maintenence, but it made me wonder about the decision to cut to where I have.

Ugh so confusing! I am afraid of sabatoging my weightloss by doing a fairly restrictive caloire regimine (if you ever read the book he really makes it sound like the worst possible idea for weightloss). But I also dont want to step on the scale on monday and not see any progress in this first week. Also if I can eat more calories and ensure I am not eating junk food (with the exeption of wine and beer I have had almost no junk food at all for like three days, for me this is huge!) and still lose weight, heck yah I'd like the opportunity to eat more and have more energy.

Sorry to bore you all with my long back and forth in this "how many calories is my goal" debate. I seriously need to figure this out and just decide to stick to something.