Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #1  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Default gastric testing was completed today

It wasn't so bad. The untrasound was a breeze. The worst thing about the CT scan was drinking the barium. Ugh. Gagged it down over 2 hours. Now I wait for the results. Judging on what the technician doing the sonar said, all is going to come out fine. I could have sworn it was my gallbladder. While the pain at the right rib has subsided, I'm still experiencing some by the shoulder blade. I'll now soon enough, I guess.

Meanwhile, I have been watching what I eat, but not necessarily "dieting". Whether or not that will impact on the scale I can't say. I am very bloated and I hate it. Also, after 6 months without it, TOM showed up today, the day of the tests. Fortunately it didn't matter to the testing. The bloat isn't TOM related tho--I've been bloated a few weeks. Its gross. Lose 30 pounds and look worse than I did when i began. Darn it.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I have to write that I have never felt more alone here at 3FC. I feel invisible. 100+ reads and not 1 reply? Not one....good luck? I will have to disappear. Poof.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you were getting this gastric procedure done for, but wanted to send you some support. The post doesn't give much back history, so I'm sure many people reading it don't even know how to respond. Perhaps sharing more?

Sorry you have been in pain and I hope you get answers soon.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

????

Maybe you have this in the wrong forum? This is a calorie counters and maybe this needs to be in General Chatter or Weight Loss support?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Sorry about the delay. I just saw your post. What you describe does sound like it could be your gallbladder. When mine was bad, I would also get this dizzy feeling with stomach pains that felt like getting punched in the stomach. Also, I'd get short of breath after eating very rich foods sometimes and my acid reflux was terrible at the time. I am so thankful for the GI doc who didn't dismiss me after my ultrasound came up with no gallstones. When they ran a HIDA scan, which is the test for gallbladder function, I had a 0% ejection fraction, so it just wasn't working at all. Getting it out was life changing for me b/c it had gone on so long, it was taking a toll on my overall health.

I really hope you get some relief from what you're going through. Whatever you do, make sure they find out what's going on and don't let them just push you out the door. It took me almost 3 years from complaint to my regular doc to getting surgery after finally seeing that angel of a GI doc. I was dismissed so many times being told it was likely just my weight dragging me down or perhaps I was just depressed and having body pain. I told them many times I was not depressed although I had anxiety b/c I felt like I was in grave danger and my entire body was having problems. Years later, after gallbladder removal, getting a new doc, and getting some pain relief for my arthritis, I am pretty healthy.

Hang in there! Be persistent about getting yourself good care. I hope they get this all straightened out for you!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

When I first saw this thread pop up I thought it had to do with gastric bypass surgery somehow and didn't even look at it because I knew I wouldn't have anything of value to add to the discussion.

I am sorry you were feeling alone and abandoned, but the tone of the thread appeared to be looking for medical input or opinions, which few people may be experienced enough to weigh in on.

I hope that your doctors figure out what is wrong, and that you come back and fill us in. We really do care.
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote