Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default Myfitnesspal help

I just started my fitness pal and have a few questions.

I know it asked me some questions when i set it up and i now have the amount of calories i'm suppose to to use a day.

But

What if i want to change that number and i'm pretty sure it asked me for a goal but i can't find it listed anywhere.

I dont even see directions even though it's not difficult.

Thanks in advance

PS i just logged in for 5 days and it congratulated my(giggle giggle)
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

at the top you should see "settings" and then click on "update diet/fitness profile" and then you can change things.

also, i manually set my calorie levels by changing my profile using the phone app
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I just got me a profile at myfitnesspal.com...anyone who can offer any tips or tricks for the site or just helpfull information would be great
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #4  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I wish they would "sticky" this!
I'll give you all a briefing on using MFP here on the 3FC site.

Yes, you can have MFP calculate all of your goals, macros and all. However, many people want to do this themselves and that is ok!

So, here is how to manually key in your goals:
MY HOME-->GOALS-->CHANGE GOALS-->CUSTOM-->CONTINUE

To Update Your Basic Profile Info (Ht, Wt, etc)
MY HOME-->SETTINGS-->UPDATE DIET/FITNESS PROFILE
**NOTE: If you update your basic profile info AFTER manually changing your goals, you will have to manually REDO your goals. As this feature will revert to MFP calculating your goals for you.

FOOD:
As far as the nutritional value of food is concerned, it is USER ENTERED! That means, if you scan (phone app) or manually enter a food to look up, pls be sure the info is correct as to what you are actually eating.
You can create your own food & recipes if you wish.

To create a food:
FOOD-->MY FOODS-->CREATE FOOD

To create a recipe:
On a PC:
FOOD-->RECIPES-->ENTER A NEW RECIPE
you have to give a "number of servings" with each new recipe
On the iPhone App:
Click the "MORE" tab at the bottom right of the screen, then select "Edit Foods & Exercises", Select "My Recipes" then the white + in the blue square.
Name the new recipe & enter the servings. From here, you can scan your items or manually enter them.

If you eat a certain meal/snack often, you can create a "meal". This is VERY USEFUL!
To Create anything you eat often:
FOOD-->FOOD DIARY-->Add Food under any Meal Name. Enter all of the meal, then Click "QUICK TOOLS" (right beside ADD FOOD)-->REMEMBER MEAL-->Name it, then save it.
To Retrieve a meal you have created, simply go to your food diary, click ADD FOOD and select the "MY MEALS" tab. Check it and click "ADD CHECKED".

To change Nutrients Tracked, Meal Names, and Diary Sharing (if you want others to see your diary):
MY HOME-->SETTINGS-->DIARY SETTINGS
Be sure to click "SAVE CHANGES" to save your settings.

To see your BMR/BMI
TOOLS-->BMI or BMR
Enter your info and press "CALCULATE"

To create an exercise:
EXERCISE-->MY EXERCISES-->CREATE EXERCISE-->* Enter an Exercise Name, the type, duration, and calories burned. Click ADD EXERCISE.
**When you do this exercise again, if it's not for the same amount of time, MFP will recalculate the calories burned automatically according to your pre-recorded duration.
**You can change the calories burned on any exercise you create manually, as well as those already in MFP. To do this, just add the exercise to your Exercise Diary, then click in the box to change the calories burned.

Last edited by K9Owner; 01-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #5  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

The previous poster has some great tools for you. I also wanted to mention the community aspect of MFP. There's a thread in this folder where we shared our MFP usernames. If you want some extra support, definitely add a few of us as "friends" on MFP. I've really appreciated the extra support provided to me when I complete my day without going over calories or when I worked extra hard in my workouts.
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #6  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

To see your List of Micros
On the iPhone APP:
Click the HOME (bottom of screen) tab. There are 3 tabs at the top "Summary" "Daily" & "Weekly". Choose "Daily" to see a list of micros offered on the iPhone App.

On A PC:
MY HOME-->SETTINGS-->NUTRIENTS TRACKED
Select the nutrients you would like to see, SAVE your selections, then go back to your food diary to see the list.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote