Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default Is anyone here using a BodyBugg?

I'm focusing on calorie counting with the help of one and just wondering if anyone else in this forum uses one also.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
I'm focusing on calorie counting with the help of one and just wondering if anyone else in this forum uses one also.

I use a Fitbit (more hidden, no monthly cost) but I considered the BodyBugg because I love all the numbers. How do you like it?
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #3  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I got a BodyBugg about 2.5 months ago and love it! I find myself doing extra little household things here and there (cooking a more involved meal, starting an extra load of laundry, helping my husband take out the trash, etc.) just to expend a few more calories each day. Being able to see exactly what I've burned really motivates me. I keep waiting for it to snow here this winter, because I'm the one who does the shoveling and I can't wait to see how many calories THAT burns!

Last edited by chickadee32; 01-03-2012 at 02:45 AM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I have a BodyBugg. I don't wear it everyday like I should. I wore it for several weeks to see how many calories I burned on a typical "sedentary" day at work...then I wore it to get a feel for my workouts. Now I just guestimate my burn based on my usual activities. I found it irritated the skin on my arm to wear it all the time. I have pretty sensitve skin, so being trapped under the device wasn't good for my skin. But I LOVE the BodyBugg!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I have one. Wearing it faithfully for 9 weeks. It helps me to see what I am burning and where I am spending too many calories. I am actually exercising more now.. gotta love it
mgruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Britt, were you taking it off at night? I'll find that mine gets irritating if I don't let my skin breathe overnite. It's also worse in the summer than winter because you sweat under it if you're working out.

I love it! It is SO eye-opening. Like someone said, I will do a quick extra WiiFit workout or take a quick walk around the block in the evenings if I see that I need extra calories to meet my calorie burn goal. And the food entry - I guess you would get that anywhere, but to see how much even a healthy restaurant meal takes out of my daily caloric allotment - let's just say I'll be doing alot more (ALL) of my meals at home. Wow! One 'healthy' chicken fajita meal (hold the guac & sc) set me back 750 cals - lunch portion! I sent away the chips and salsa too! I think they inject their meat with extra oil and I know they cook the veggies in oil because the veggies had fat (looked up on the restaurants website). Crazy stuff. You truly can't control your calories if you are not cooking the meal yourself.

DH has one too and we jeer each other daily about our calorie burn. Usually it's mean getting jealous of his daily 3600 burn while sedentary while I have to FIGHT to burn 3000. ahhh!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote