Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Been MIA - IN NEED OF SUPPORT!!! PLEASE HELP!

OK...I'm sad to say that I was addicted to this site last year - signing in every day and commenting and reading and just getting inspiration....then things started going south in my personal life and I stopped signing on...and boy has the weight came back on!!! I know I've lost all my good eating habits and I'm in dire need of some help/inspiration/motivation to get back with the program!!! I was down to just below 170 last summer (OH SO CLOSE TO GOAL) and since September, I'm back up to 195! Its very depressing!! And I've tried really hard to get back on it, but I keep getting distracted!!! I even joined a gym in February, but have not gone faithfully! I'm usually not the one to ask for help, BUT I NEED IT NOW!! I can NOT hit 200 again! I will have a break down! LoL

I know what I need to do, it's just doing it that I'm having trouble with! For some reason, I can't get my head back in the game! So, as of today, I want to be back on board 100%!!! I plan to sign onto 3FC every day and get the inspiration I need from you wonderful people!!! I plan to write down everything I eat and get back into exercising!!! If there's anyone out there who wants to be my WO Buddy or just give advice of how to get back into it, please feel free to comment or even send me a PM. I HAVE GOT TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening (eer, reading)
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey there, I went through kinda the same thing for a while. It happens, don't beat yourself up too badly!!

I lost a bunch of weight about 5 years ago. I started at 195ish and was able to drop down to 149 as a low. Then I got married and 4 years later I was up to 170 (this year). It's that slide back toward our high weights that is scary and depressing too! I know how you're feeling!!

My recommendations:
Move on! Let it be in the past. Stop beating yourself up! Get back up and try again!!

If major changes are too hard right now since your head isn't quite in it-start making small changes, TODAY!! Don't push it off to tomorrow or next week. I did that for a while too, it just doesn't work.

Something that helped me, as depressing as it might be, was to look at clothes I no longer fit in because they're too small. Keep the ones you love and adore, goodwill the rest. These will give you some mini-goals to accomplish. Get the mentality that you could fit in them once, you can do it again!

Something else that gave me great motivation was to join the challenges that are on the board. These hold me accountable and also have lots of members to give encouragement!! Join in the labor day challenge. It's a bit late to set a major goal, but you could set a small one to get you movin' again. For example, you could just make it your goal to work on lowering your calories and maybe exercise 2-3 times a week.

When it comes to exercise, find something you enjoy doing! I used to have a gym membership, but I never used it. Find something else you like. Try some different videos, research some stuff on Youtube. Go to the exercise area for some nice ideas from other members! But, find something you enjoy doing. If you enjoy something you'll keep at it! Don't be worried about adding too much too soon. I tried this too since I thought I could handle it. My body couldn't. So gradually increase lengths, intensity and frequency of workouts.

I hope this helped you a bit. This is a great place to be!! You will get a ton of support!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #4  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

KDM322 I'm RIGHT there with you. Our stats and journey are remarkably the same. I started back up Monday. I'll hang in there with you We did it once we can do it again!
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Wow, my story is more of the same. I hadn't posted in a year and had gained back all but about 10 of the over 70 lbs I had lost. I came back yesterday. I feel like this place is the best thing to keep me on track. I have to make the time to log on, read posts, make comments and get inspiration and motivation. Good luck to you, to me, to all of us!
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #6  

Thanks guys!!! You are the reason I came back!!!

tdi: I agree with everything you said!! I did all of that at one time...then it all went south! I LOVE THE CHALLENGES!! They DO hold you accountable!! I was in every one from Labor Day 2009 through July 4th 2010...I give all the credit to those challenges and the people involved for keeping me motivated!!! Is Lori still keeping those going? or is it someone new???

Aiesline & Andly---Its good to know I'm not the only one that fell off the wagon!! but i believe together we can do this!!! Thanks for commenting!!!

I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS!! I CAN DO THIS!!!

I'm off to find the Labor Day challenge...
Old 08-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #7  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Heya chicka... How did your day go?

I was good. Sorta...I stayed on calories. I didn't however manage to get in any exercise as I battled a headache all bloody day.

Tried something new with asparagus tonight, about 9oz of 1 inch pieces sauteed it over HIGH heat in a tsp of olive oil with salt and pepper. I could have eaten a ton of it. I had that with a small steak.

Hope your Saturday was on target. Hugs!
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #8  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

KDM I was here with you last year and I too did the exact same thing. I got down to 165 and then I truly think I must have lost my mind. I just completely slacked off. I came back in April but I wasn't faithful to myself or my friends who supported me and continued to gain. I have been in the 170's forever it seems. I even got back up to 180 and wanted to cry but I held on. Yesterday I started the Dukan diet with hopes to get out of the 170's. I can't do another month or months at this weight. I weighed in this morning at 171.8 hoping to see 169 by Monday. You can do this, WE can do this, and I will be one of your buddies if you want. I am still on the same daily weigh in thread but no longer go on the accountability thread to log my food. I'm on a Thanksgiving challenge also. What ever you want to do or to log in/onto daily we can do it.

Hi bargoo (good to see you)

Hi tdiprincess, Aiesline, and AndLy

Last edited by love2b150; 08-27-2011 at 09:47 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Hey KDM!!!
I missed you. Glad to see you back. Since you know what to do just start with one thing you know you can easily do first. Start with a video workout. Then work your way to the gym maybe one day a week until you are going the number of days a week you think are good for you. You know what it is you are eating that's not helping you so stop eating one thing at a time. You can do this girlie!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #10  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

KDM! Great to see you're back!! And Love2b! I too went on a 3fc hiatus for almost a year. I only gained 5 pounds back but I knew I had to get back into gear or it would get higher. It's good to have you back! Remember, we can always move forward, no matter how far back we get!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #11  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi jiggle

Thanks Corinne I hope that I'm successful this go around. I don't want to ever go back Corinne 5lbs in a year, Girl I would say you have things in check, I gained almost 15lbs back in less thank 6 months so nope, can't do that again

Last edited by love2b150; 08-28-2011 at 10:37 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #12  

You girls are awesome!! Sooo encouraging! I signed into 3FC yesterday, but didn't post, just lingered around and read a few posts

My saturday was OK...it was good until I got home at 830 after my 12 hour shift and ate one of those deli turkey & provolone pinwheels from Wal-mart right before going to bed. I should have just went to sleep hungry, but gave in I thought it was gonna push me way over my cals, but according to the MyFitnessPal app, the pinwheel was only 344cals. So, my total cals for yesterday was 1720...not great, but not horrible either. of course I didn't exercise bc of the 12 hr shift at work...

today has been better....I'm only at 800 cals for the day and just have dinner left. I probably wont exercise again today bc of I'm on another 12hr shift, but plan to go to the gym every day this week.

Here's a question for all of you....I'm not quite sure where I want my calories to be...last year, I tried to keep them below 1500...now that i've put back on some weight, freedieting.com says for me exercising 3/wk, Fat Loss should be at 1791 cals and Extreme Fat Loss at 1560. HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU ALL EAT DAILY??? Do you adjust for days you WO? Do any of you zig-zag? What have you found that works best for you?? I know we're all different, but I'm just curious.

ALSO, How much cardio are you doing? 3 weeks ago I went to the gym 5 days in a row and did 45-50min of cardio combined on an elliptical and inclined treadmill walk. According to the machines, I burned atleast 450cals per session...I know these machines aren't always accurate, but I did plug in my stats....have any of you wore a HRM while on a machine and compared the difference??? that week, altho I didnt track my calories, I don't think I ate an EXTREME AMOUNT OF FOOD and when I got on the scale, I had actually gained!!! talk about discouraging!!! but I didnt do strength, it was all cardio........

Jiggle: Is Lori Still around?!?!?!?

I'm so glad to hear from all of you! Glad we can all get back on track together!! THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!!

Last edited by KDM322; 08-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.