3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introductions - 2010-2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/228829-introductions-2010-2012-a.html)

Eydawn 06-11-2013 10:33 PM

Screen Name: Eydawn

Age/Age Range: Mid 20's

Family Life: Married, one husband in grad school, one furbaby (Golden Retriever variety). Currently moving/buying a house. (Hello stress!)

Hobbies and Interests: Search and Rescue, reading, EMS, 4-wheeling, major foodie, writing, choral singing

Favorite Music: Way too many to list. Sampler: Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Macklemore, Mumford and Sons, Coldplay...

Favorite Color(s): Blues and blacks

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Zumba (I make the skinny chickies feel so much better when they see me galumphing away in the mirror!) BodyPump, treadmill zone-out to music

What are your fitness/health goals? To get down to and maintain at about 170 pounds. Comfortably fit size 10-12 pants. Fit into my scrub pants better. Lose the belly fat. Prep for pre-baby!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Stepped on the scale and was back up in the 190's after having gone back down to the mid 180's. Feeling clothes fit tighter again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Finding a good balance of exercise, rest, work... meal planning and sticking to it. Eating crap at work to keep me fueled and going and then wondering why I don't feel great.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Meal planning, dedicated 3 days a week of exercise, less refined carbs and more veggies/protein

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? The fat me! I like me, I just don't like poofy me all that much.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A thinner shirt that clings... I'd like to see silhouette, not bulges. Also, a bikini without having a really fat belly in between the fabric layers...

CalCounter1003 07-17-2013 07:03 PM

Screen Name: CalCounter1003

Age/Age Range: 51

Family Life: Married, one son out of college and out of the house; one daughter still in college

Hobbies and Interests: Reading

Favorite Music: oldies

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Leslie Sansome -- I just discovered these yesterday and I love it. For the past week I was doing a video by Madonna's trainer. OK, I wasn't "doing it", I was playing it and stepping along doing nothing basically. Too hard for me! (Found out about it by reading the "Fitness videos" discussion).

What are your fitness/health goals? To get down to a 12 and maintain it. I always cringe with the diet commercials where someone started at a 12 and got to a 4. I have been in a 10 occasionally but it isn't realistic for me.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Went clothes shopping and couldn't fit into a 16. School starts in 4 weeks and I cannot go buy a new wardrobe in 18s.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am pretty good when I finally start a diet. But have never maintained the loss more than a year. So Maintenance!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Planning different meals (get out of a rut); give up diet soda; need to exercise!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I just want to look better myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? size 12 pants

KAIJAH 11-09-2013 06:22 AM

Screen Name: Kaijah

Age/Age Range:30's

Family Life: married with kids

Hobbies and Interests:spending time with the family, crochet, outdoor activites...

Favorite Music: all music

Favorite Color(s): purple, blue, earth tones, silver, black and yellow.... and all pastels :)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: cardio and weights

What are your fitness/health goals? shed about 80 lbs and improve my energy level

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? health issues

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? accountabilty and motivation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? will power

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : former workout buddy (a close relative)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? tight jeans. :)

StarvingPoet 08-16-2014 07:12 PM

Screen Name: StarvingPoet Real Name: Stephanie

Age/Age Range: 44

Family Life: Married twenty years to my best friend and we have two boys (ages 17 and 13).

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, web design, traveling, and candle making.

Favorite Music: Daughtry, Alter Bridge, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Nickelback, and Kelly Clarkson.

Favorite Color(s): Burgundy and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walk Away The Pounds DVD's

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 160 pounds.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not being able to "participate" in life and just watching from the sidelines. :(

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Cravings and staying motivated.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercising more, drinking more water, and staying motivated.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A little black dress and high heels.

dietcokehead98 10-15-2014 10:57 AM

Screen Name: Dietcokehead98

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: Married for 13 years. One daughter who is 11 going on 20 and one dog.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, making cake pops, watching tv

Favorite Music: Way too many to name.I'll listen to anything.

Favorite Color(s): Black and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Rowing machine, elliptical, hiking outdoors, kickboxing and lifting weights

What are your fitness/health goals? To weigh around 180 and fit into size 14 jeans

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was 40 and fat. That was about it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love beer. And chicken wings. I'm Italian, and i eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, celebrating, mourning, breathing.....

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I cannot breathe properly when running. I want to run. I want to say "I'm going for a run". But I start running and I poop out a minute in because I find myself literally holding my breath. I've read books about it, used a trainer to help me....I just can't seem to get it down.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Nobody in particular. I just want to be happy with what I see in the mirror.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sequined shorts, a tucked in white blouse and high heels.

size10inayear 11-13-2014 02:29 PM

Screen Name:Size10inAYear

Age/Age Range:34

Family Life:happily married for almost 5 years, 2 1/2 year old son

Occupation: manufacturing co. administration, mom, part time student

Hobbies and Interests: spending time with my family, reading, watching reality TV

Favorite Music: alternative, hip hop, pretty much everything

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: HIIT walking, jalking

What are your fitness/health goals? become a very fit 150bs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? there have been plenty

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? binge eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? binge eating, portion control, steady exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sis in law

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? little black dress