3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Calorie Counters

Introductions - 2010-2012

Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #286
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Screen Name: Kittenmancer

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: In a lifetime relationship.

Hobbies and Interests: Computer games, reading, steampunk, working out.

Favorite Music: Very broad spectrum, from medieval music to drum'n'bass, going through all sorts of genres depending on the mood.

Favorite Color(s): Blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Weight lifting, kettlebells, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, capoeira.

What are your fitness/health goals: Body fat at or under 15%, muscle strength, better endurance.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There was no such thing, I've been unhappy with the way I look and feel for a very long time. Moving to a different country gave me the opportunity to get better information about fitness and fat loss and also made me discover that exercise can be a lot of fun (I used to hate exercise of any kind except for swimming).

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Wavering willpower when it comes to sticking to healthy eating and a workout program.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Control cravings (especially for sweets), find a good balance for how much I exercise, stick to a healthy lifestyle for longer than a few months.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself in 2009, when I was working out like crazy. Other than that, there are two girls that I would like to look like - a kettlebell instructor and a girl I trained with a few times at BJJ. Beautiful musculature.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size: Bikinis.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #287
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Screen Jessica Committed

Age/Age Range:28

Family Life:Engaged to a cute boy

Hobbies and Interests:reading, creative writing, camping

Favorite Music: broadway musicals, the beatles, really anything with a melody

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: tony little gazelle; power walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To be at a healthy BMI and be happy when I look in the mirror

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? This time around? Disgust; I feel like a broken record.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Anxiety, and all of my friends either being thin or not watching what they eat; we go out a lot; I need to see the menu before we go out.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more rigorous exercise, smaller portions, wine consumption

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: My high school peers

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? jeans without a muffin top, and a bathing suit
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #288

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: SophieCormier

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: With Boyfriend for 7 years, living together for 4 years

Hobbies and Interests: Computer, Animals, Drinking with some buddies

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, Volley Ball, Badminton

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to reach 135/140 lbs by next summer

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I reached 200 lbs

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating right and exercising at the same time.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Late Night Snacks, Salt & Continuous Exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sisters. I know it's wrong but I've always been bigger than my two sisters. I'd love to be at their size.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Pink bathing suit I bought online. I also have a full bin of clothes I bought that don't fit me yet.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #289

S/C/G: 132/126/115?

Height: 5'2"

Screen Name: Calendula

Age/Age Range: 30s

Family Life: Married

Hobbies and Interests: Eating! Shopping.

Favorite Music: indie, pop, hip hop

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'd like to believe I will like running when I am okay at it. Right now I can't even do it for 10 minutes straight.

What are your fitness/health goals? Short term - run a 10 minute mile. Long term - run 10k in under 30 minutes. Also, get stronger.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I went over 130 lbs which I'd told myself I would never do unless pregnant. I have a very small frame. I visited family and realized I am a lot bigger than they are, even the 40 year old cousins who have had 4 kids. Also my friend losing 100 lbs in 6 mos makes me feel like I can do it!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love eating snacks. Whole cakes in one sitting, 4 dozen cookies, entire pints of ice cream, Snickers bars really do satisfy. I'm also crazy wimpy and self-conscious in the gym because I have no muscle or athletic aptitude.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I have to eat more nutritious food, snack less, and exercise!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My friend. If I'm shooting for the moon: my cousin's model girlfriend or Kristen Bell.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A pair of pants I saw in Italy, then saved up for a year to buy, that no longer fit.
calendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #290

S/C/G: 170/167/130

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: SUSANML

Age/Age Range:mid 50s

Family Life: Single, four children(25,23,20,16)

Occupation: transitioning from stay at home, home-schooling Mom to what?

Hobbies and Interests:reading, hiking, cooking, dancing, kayakking, spiritual

Favorite Music: celtic, pop, instrumental, country

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? to be active 6 days a week

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Need to get a job in 2012

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I like to cook and eat. Food is my comfort also.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? healthier choices, portion control and consistent exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Ex-husband's mistress

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? bathing suit
SusanML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #291

S/C/G: 172/165/130

Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Tekakwitha

Age/Age Range: early 20's

Family Life: engaged (wedding day June 9, 2012)

Hobbies and Interests: Xbox 360, criminal justice, football

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: weight lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 30 lbs and be able to pass the fitness test to get hired as a police officer.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm getting uncomfortable with my weight. I was trying on clothes at a store and hated looking at myself. Also I realised I couldn't pass a basic fitness test to become a police officer. A roadblack to my career.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Depression and eating out of habit and boredom. I stuggle with depression and am on medicine, but sometimes I just have bad days where I hate everything and don't want to try anymore. I tend to eat out of boredom or habit. That is something I want to stop doing, or at least eat healthier when I do.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Guess I put some of this answer in with the answer above, but another thing I need to work on is proper portion sizes and not getting second helpings.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than the picture of me hanging on the fridge. I want to look thinner and healthier.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Probably cliche, but I want to wear a bikini on my honey moon. There's no chance you'd get me in one now, but hopefully by June I can do it!
Tekakwitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #292
Weight Watchers Fanatic

S/C/G: 238.8/178.4/163

Height: 5'9"

Screen Name: DrivenByAmbition

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married, no children

Hobbies and Interests: Learning

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like Couch to 5k

What are your fitness/health goals? Run a 5k. Get to a healthy weight to have children

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just looking in the mirror

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking with it

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Staying on plan, exercising on a regular basis, choosing healthier choices

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself at my thinnest

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini

Gluten-free January 2014 WW Re-start February 2014- Not stopping until at goal!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #293

Screen Name: Leftoverqueen

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: Single!

Hobbies and Interests: Physics, Chemistry, Rockets/Aeronautics

Favorite Music: Victoria Justice, Big Time Rush

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical and Dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? Be able to shop in the stores at the mall

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I exceeded the size they generally carry in stores and have to shop online or in specialty, plus sized stores

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not having access to caloric information... and regardless of how highly ranked my school is, YES, the dining hall food is still terrible

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Working out more.. I don't really have the time to so I am currently doing low calorie, workout 5x a week for 20-30 minutes.. and I'd like to up that to 6 days a week, 45 minutes to an hour.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My 9th grade self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Bikini!
leftoverqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #294

S/C/G: 191/ticker/130

Height: 5'5.5

Screen Name: DeDeJ

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: Married, 2 fur babies

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing

Favorite Music: Anything but hard core rap

Favorite Color(s): don't really have a favorite

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Get to 130, which will be 80 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Started dealing with my depression and it made me realize how far gone I was

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating. I love to eat. Everything. Not eating is very stressful for me. I am an emotional eater all the way.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Emotional eating and sitting around too much.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I want to look better than I've ever looked before.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sexy little summer dresses with heels
DeDeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #295

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: ArtyKay

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Married

Occupation: Law Enforcement-dispatch/911 operator/corrections officer

Hobbies and Interests: Art, gaming, movies...

Favorite Music: Classic rock, soulful stuff

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workoutshat's the problem. I like walking, I'm trying to get into other exercises. I would love an ellyptical if I can get DH to buy me one.

What are your fitness/health goals?: I want to feel good about myself and get dressed without having to try on 10 different things...I want to go through a day without having to constantly adjust my clothing. I want to feel sexy naked and not try to hide my flab.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: I've had many throughout the years...chronic yoyo dieter. But I've decided to stick with it this time because I recently lost a baby almost 3 months pregnant. I want to do it right this time and start my pregnancy at a healthy weight, maintaining my health throughout my next pregnancy, which is hopefully a healthy one.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love to eat...and don't like to work out.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? keeping up with calorie counting, and having the motivation to exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? my cousin's wife. She's always more fit than me...but I'm prettier than her.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Nothing. No seriously, I want to be naked and feel like I look amazing.

Goal for May 19 2013...My 25th Birthday!!!
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #296
Drive away-not drive thru

S/C/G: 324/ticker/176

Height: 5'11

Screen Name: HealthyTree

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married with 20 mo. old baby girl

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music and Literature

Favorite Music: Classic Rock, Old school anything...

Favorite Color(s): Brown and Orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical, Swimming, Free Weights

What are your fitness/health goals? Pull ups as well as real push ups. Scaling the South Sister with my husband next summer

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realized that my weight was getting to the point of being beyond my control and I did not want it to become a medical issue, so I took matters into my own hands.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Stress. Alcohol. Laziness.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to make myself exercise more, give myself positive feedback and be PATIENT!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than my 21 year old self, how's that?

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A nice, fitted vintage dress with some cute heeled sandals...

A flower for every 10lbs!

"The odds of hitting a target go up dramatically when you aim at it."
HealthyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #297
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5"8

Screen Name: ModestVanity

Age/Age Range: Sixteen

Family Life: Awesome. Living with my mum, step-dad and two brothers.

Hobbies and Interests: Sewing, dancing, baking, digital art, photography, writing.

Favorite Music: ALL! I can never turn away a good song, no matter what genre.

Favorite Color(s): Purple, green, pink, silver.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Push-ups, stair running, bicycle, dancing, aerobics, swimming.

What are your fitness/health goals? -30/40 lbs or 2 sizes. Currently a size 10.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Getting the lowest mark in my gym class last year, and barely completing the minimum requirements for all four fitness tests, including the last one which counted as 50% of the mark. One girl made 12 laps - I made four. Barely.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Self-control, and motivation, and my addiction to sugary drinks and salty foods. It's going to to be hard to learn to say no to all the sweets that my mom brings around all the time.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? My cousin - she's so skinny and pretty, it's ridiculous. I want to look as good as one of my teachers, who is also adorable and does amazing things with her life. She's a huge inspiration to me. And finally, my celebrity inspiration would have to be Sarah Wayne Callies, who has an awesome body which I can only HOPE to have.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A PROM DRESS! One that I've designed and can actually look as nice on me as it does on the dress form. And...A BATHING SUIT! One that isn't a one-piece and comes with a skirt! My goal is to be able to wear one and look good for my 2012 trip to Dominican Republic. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by ModestVanity : 12-08-2011 at 09:49 PM.
ModestVanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #298
Counting Calories

S/C/G: 245/225/125

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: Fat2Skinny

Age/Age Range: 41

Family Life: Good

Hobbies and Interests: Learning new information by reading, and watching t.v.

Favorite Music: Soul music, and Hip-Hop

Favorite Color(s): Black and Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Biking, and Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose my weight, I'm in a size 18 now.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at myself naked in the mirror.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Cheating

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Every female that I know.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A jumpsuit with 6 inch heels.
Fat2Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #299

S/C/G: 165/?/STRONG

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: CeeStahr
Age/Age Range: 25
Family Life: Wonderful, wonderful boyfriend
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Movies, Hiking
Favorite Music: Grunge Rock, Some Pop, Disney Songs
Favorite Color: Turquoise
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Hiking - I LOVE hiking!
Fitness/health goals: I want to be able to hike up a mountain along side my boyfriend and NOT want to die.
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I need to be healthier... there was a health scare in my family recently and it opened my eyes.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Finding time to exercise
Three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve: Exercise, Denying Cravings, and my whole relationship with food in general
Who do you want to look better than? Currently? Myself! LOL
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless shirts, backless dresses, uhh.. bathing suits!
CeeStahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #300

S/C/G: 202/192/140

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: Miss Luna

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: living with my parents atm

Hobbies and Interests: reading, surfing the web

Favorite Music: Korn, Nirvana, AC/DC, Slipknot, The Spill Canvas, The Used...

Favorite Color(s): purple, pink, green, and blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging, jump rope

What are your fitness/health goals?: I wanna be able to jog longer distances, build muscle and lose fat!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: The nearing of my 21st birthday.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Maintaing a healthy diet.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: portion control, better food choices, more exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: hehe. A friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: I'd love to wear a sexy swimsuit!
Miss LunaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.