Screen JennieT

Age/Age Range 29

Family Life: Married - 1 son (4 mo.)

Hobbies and Interests: jewlery making

Favorite Music: Everything!

Favorite Color(s): all of 'em!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: swimming, elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? Be healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Birth of my son

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Reading the beck diet solution and being held accountable by my diet coach and best friend, Dawn

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion control and finding the motivation to exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look like a colleague of mine who is ridiculously cute

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a sleeveless dress
Old 07-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 191/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile Introduction

Not sure if this is the right place...

Screen Name: TXteacher2008

Age/Age Range:early 30s

Family Life: married with a sweet baby girl

Hobbies and Interests:reading, cooking, baking

Favorite Music: eclectic--old country, 90s, 50s, rap

Favorite Color(s): red, green, purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking/running on treadmill (trying to increase running time...it's very short for now!)

What are your fitness/health goals? become a runner, be healthy and be a good role model for my daughter

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? breaking 200 during my pregnancy...ended up at 210 right before my daughter was born.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I LOVE FOOD. Not just food, bad food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? staying focused when I get really busy, portion control, and improving stamina

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister in law ;-)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? mini goal: black sleeveless lace dress when I go back to school...long term: all the cute clothes that are hanging in my closet. Fitted shirts that don't look sloppy.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Screen Name: EricAnn

Age/Age Range: Early 20's

Family Life: Living at home with the parents... still...

Hobbies and Interests: Event planning, fundraising, various sports and musical theatre

Favorite Music: Everything... except the really heavy metal rock and rap

Favorite Color(s): Blue and orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I looooove the elliptical, I also play ultimate frisbee which is really fun!

What are your fitness/health goals? Short term: Get my needed daily vitamin intake, long term: Feel confident and comfortable in my skin... being able to run a 10k would be pretty cool too!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: When walking up the stairs winded me and I looked 100 pounds heavier on camera then my peers

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Depression and everyday drama

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Portion sizes, getting more fruits and veggies, working more with the free weights

Who do you want to look better than?: My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: A two piece bikini
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: Shellofself

Age/Age Range: 20s!

Family Life: Mommy to two boys (6-year-old Maltipoo & 1 1/2-year-old Yorkie)

Hobbies and Interests: Swimming, reading, laughing

Favorite Music: Anything country - I'm a Texas gal!

Favorite Color(s): Red & teal

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cardio & swim

What are your fitness/health goals? To no longer be obese/overweight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I found out that my boyfriend of 2 years was going to propose. Both he & I deserve a better, healthy me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Anorexia. I was anorexic/bulimic as a teenager. I've been down this weight-loss road before. The only time it was "successful" (i.e. I lost a lot of weight), I did it by not eating and vomiting. I lost 70+lbs in three months. I have this horrible fear of succumbing to that.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Before anything can be "improved" they have to exist first!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: No one in particular. I just no longer want to be the heaviest girl in the room.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? SHORTS! SKIRTS! SKINNY JEANS <3
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #275  

Screen Name: Irish canary

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: Living with my mam and dad

Hobbies and Interests: Drinking, Karate, Doctor Who (my avatar), Twitter

Favorite Music: I really like Adele, Paul Simon and the Beatles

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The gym forever and always

What are your fitness/health goals? To loose around 28lbs, to get strong and toned

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I never give up but it has been being ignored by guys in a night club that has made me more serious about my goals

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am my own worst enemy

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Im great at exercise, i need to just work on a stricter diet

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself everyday

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A pair of size 10 jeans
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'5"

screen name: style fanatic

age/age range: 25

family life: living with fiance

hobbies and interests: theater/ballets/art shows/reading

favorite music: everything

favorite color: green

favorite exercise/workouts: elliptical, whatever my trainer makes me do

what are your fitness/health goals: run a 5k

what was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide to lose weight? everyone I know is slim

what do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? im very impatient, so knowing that it will come off if I keep at it.

what are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? going to the gym regularly

who do you want to look better than? friends

what can you not wait to wear when you are at a goal weight or size? short dress.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 168/154/126

Screen Ffew.

Age/Age Range:15-17

Family Life:Live at home with both my parents.

Hobbies and Interests: Sports, music, reading, writing.

Favorite Music: Pop and Rock mostly...I like to listen to 50's and 60's music aswell. I have a varied taste.

Favorite Color(s): Blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cardio (treadmill, cross-trainer and outside jogging), light weights just to keep in shape and several sports activities.

What are your fitness/health goals? Shape up, get into the 125-130lb zone and fit a size 12 nicely.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just wanting to feel good in myself when I go out and not be the 'fat friend'.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? When I'm tired or I'm fed up and I just say 'scr*w it' and eat the nasty things.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Resist temptation, exercise daily and consume more veggies.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself, now. There's no one else in particular...except that all of my friends look great and I'd like to be able to feel self-confident.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skimpy vests and cute underwear.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #278  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: sheramama

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Forever Engaged with 2 kids

Hobbies and Interests: spending time with kids, writing

Favorite Music: Rock chick all the way

Favorite Color(s): silver

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae Bo, dancing, weights

What are your fitness/health goals? to be at a healthy range in my weight and look good in clothese again

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My 4 year old son told me I was fat

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binging, falling into old patterns

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? being consistant, lowering my temptation food intake, and stop binging

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My best friend--she's super skinny but has NO tone

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a tight, sexy dress with hooker heels lol
Old 08-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #279  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Screen name: PollifaxFive

Age/age range: 20

Family life: Dorming / Summer with the fam

Hobbies and interests: Art and books

Favorite music: Rock, 70s, 60s

Favorite color: Blue

Favorite exercise/workouts: Right now (with what I have access to at home) pilates and bike machine

What are your fitness/health goals: Reach an optimum BMI

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide to lose weight?: I have been going on and off with weight loss, not making much progress. And not trying too hard in the intervals. I guess this is less concrete than some other people’s resolutions, but I stepped on the scale one day and realized that I had gone just down below 190. I had been above 190 for a very long time, and I guess this showed me the possibility of being able to make it even lower on the scale.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Being consistent with diet and exercise. I haven’t yet worked out a steady schedule for exercise, and my eating times are all over the place. I’ve always eaten on my own schedule, but rather than overeating, it’s now spacing my meals at strange hours. O____O

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Regular exercise, portion control (knowing when too much is too much, or the opposite, and knowing when I’m full or overfull), meal times

Who do you want to look better than?: Myself. I live in a big city where there will always be a better looking, thinner person. I can’t possibly compare myself with others without making myself miserable. I want to be healthy enough that my weight doesn’t get in the way of anything I want to do.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at a goal weight or size?: A great leather jacket and jeans – and ones I can get in regular sizes. I want to look like a happy, healthy college student.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 180/178

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name texasgirl1107

Age/Age Range:mid 40s

Family Life:happily married for 26 years, 2 grown boys

Hobbies and Interests:fishing, reading, spending time with family

Favorite Music:hip hop, country, classic rock, 80's, almost everything really

Favorite Color(s): purple, black

Favorite Exercise: swimming, walking

What are your fitness/health goals? to be off of my meds forever

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? this time, GB surgery and tired of being fat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? right now, exercise! Triple digit temps, so no outside stuff and can't afford to go to health places.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise, smaller portions and eating more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : no one, just want my old self back.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? bathing suit.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 292.3/272.4/140

Height: 67 inches

Screen Name: carebear52596

Age/Age Range: early 30s

Family Life: Super happily married to the love of my life with three beautiful children and hopefully a few more to come.

Occupation: Part time respiratory therapist and full time SAH mommy!

Hobbies and Interests: Movies, ceramics, cross stitch, and spending time with family.

Favorite Music: Country, classical, oldies

Favorite Color(s): blue, black, silver

Favorite Exercise: elliptical and total gym

What are your fitness/health goals? To be at aa healthy weight so we can have more children like we always wanted and to prevent the symptoms of my PCOS.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My health, the way I look at myself, and my wanting to have more children.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The motivation some days to exercise and my depressed days when tthe scale doesn't move and I want to break it and give up.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My sodium intake, my cravings foe sweets, and my speed on my elliptical.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look like me in high school but stronger and wiser. Why look better than someone else when I am beautiful to me just a few pounds more than i would like?

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I know it seems weird but my husband is into pretty lingerie and I am very uncomfortable in it at my size so i would have to say probably a nice pretty sexy babydoll lingerie.

Last edited by carebear52596; 08-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Re-introduction!

Screen name: rblace87

Age/age range: 24

Family life: Engaged

Hobbies and interests: Baking, Running, Movies, My dog

Favorite music: Alternative, Indie, 90s, Motown, Hair Metal… Just about everything.

Favorite color: Purple

Favorite exercise/workouts: Running and Jumping Rope

What are your fitness/health goals: I’d like to lose 10lbs-15lbs but do it the right way through thoughtful eating and most importantly: exercising.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide to lose weight?: I was at 152lbs two summers ago and saw how unhealthy my lifestyle was so I decided to lose weight through strict calorie counting. I lost 24lbs got down to 128lbs and started maintaining through exercise but eventually gained half my weight back (12lbs) from laziness. My second trigger was this summer when I realized that I was starting to eat a lot more carelessly and I knew that if I wouldn’t change, I would have eventually gained back everything and possible then some.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Money and time. Although I work fulltime, I am also a fulltime student and often have to go straight to school from work. During the school year I can be gone anywhere from 7:30 AM – 10:30 PM during atleast two days a week. Because of my lack of free time during the school year, I often am too tired when I wake up to work out and too tired when I get home to work out. I also have a habit of eating on the run during the school year or eating too little (which can sometimes revert to thoughtless snacking when I get home). Money is also a big issue for me and there are some weeks where I am not left with many options aside from the typical college cuisine...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Just understanding my body and finding a routine that fits. I suffer from mild hypothyroidism (not medicated) – so it usually takes a while for me to see a difference and because of that, I generally get discouraged fast. I am also very focused on my weight rather than the amount of inches I have lost – this is a bad thing for me. I also tend to be very hard on my self. Last time I began counting calories – I got so conscious of what I was eating to the point where it became way too obsessive.

Who do you want to look better than?: No one. I just want to be a much fitter, healthier and happier version of myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at a goal weight or size?: Shorts above the knee. I am quite bottom heavy and am very self-conscious when wearing shorts even an inch above my knee.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 222/205/150

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Hey, welcome aboard everyone!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #284  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Screen MeliZ

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Happily married for 1 year.

Occupation: Customer service / data entry in the pet care department of P&G

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, TV / movie junkie, taking walks with my husband when it's not too hot outside, video games.

Favorite Music: Techno, Country, Rock, and pretty much everything in between.

Favorite Color(s): pink and black together.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking at a brisk pace, haven't quite gotten to running yet.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a healthy weight and to not have to worry about complications when I start trying to get pregnant.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My doctor telling me about all the possible complications of pregnancy at my current weight / health.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Depression, illness, and homesickness (I live 12 hours away from my family/friends now). I tend to eat my way through everything, which is probably why I've gained 40 lbs since I moved 12 months ago.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? smaller portions, more movement, and just overall better eating choices.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? The worst version of me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? So many choices! Skinny jeans and leggings (half the people I know live in one of these and I avoid both), tank tops without having to layer sleeved stuff over them, and skirts/dresses that are slightly above the knee, oh and shorts when it's blistering hot out.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 182/158/105

Height: 4ft 11"

Screen Name: lisa4621

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: with my boyfriend nearly ten years, living together for six years

Hobbies and Interests: reading, socialising

Favorite Music: dance, hip hop, R&B

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: dancing, aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals: weightloss, feel healthier in myself

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? fed up of all the empty promises I make myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? willpower, peer pressure to go out alot

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eat more fruit & veg, start becoming more active

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size: boots
Closed Thread