Introductions - 2010-2012

You're on Page 16 of 25
Go to
  • Screen Name: ParkTrot

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: I've been with the same (wonderful) guy for over a year and a half now. Other than him, I have a 9 yearold Arabian gelding named Legs, and my Grandmother who I am currently residing with.

Hobbies and Interests: I've been competing in equestrian competitions for over 10 years now, and I am currently showing my Arabian on the National/International level. Other than that, friends and college.

Favorite Music: Anything that seems like it could fit in at a raging dance party.

Favorite Color(s): Pink, and teal.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I LOVE "running" on at the gym on the Precor AMT - that thing is awesome. Also going hiking, cycling, and riding my horse.

What are your fitness/health goals? To get this flippin weight off once and for all. I've lost it before, gained it back, and this time I am losing it a sticking to it.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I started realizing my weight made it so I was no longer comfortable in certain social situations, and when I noticed how easily winded I was just going up some stairs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Oh gosh...just not believing it can happen I suppose. Even though I've already done this before, I still can't imagine my body being thin...it seems impossible.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to start being better about my food log, and I need to actually stick to my diet as a fulltime thing, and not take "days off".

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone . No not really, I just want to look darn good next to my friends.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sexy Halloween costume. I have no idea why it's that thing specifically, just is.
  • Screen Name: ashleynm87

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Happily married for almost 8 years to my HS sweetheart/soldier! 2 kiddos ages 7 & 3

Hobbies and Interests: being with my fam bam!

Favorite Music: country! (I'm a red neck! lol) & rock

Favorite Color(s): pink, red, green, blue, yellow...all!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything that I'm in the mood for! Currently doing The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout on the xbox kinect

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to be healthy again! My weight has gotten out of control and it stops NOW!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I realized that my BMI was at 42. I knew that I had to lose the weight sooner or later and if I didn't start now, it would be even harder later.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not going into the kitchen and eating everything in sight. food is comfort to me.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? working harder when it comes to working out. sticking to my diet & keeping my calorie count journal thingie

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : hmmm i guess my in-laws. all of them. lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? omg anything!!! as long as it is NOT a size 20!
  • Screen Name: nessalyn

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: Single, but I'm super close to my family

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, Roadtripping, Singing, Music

Favorite Music: country

Favorite Color(s): teal, brown and pink
    Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Eliptical
    What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to feel comfortable running by the river, and be able to run for long periods of time!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm 21 years old, and I want to be "comfortable" when our group goes out to bars etc.
    What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not having the support of my friends, who are all stick thin it seems like

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Forcing myself to workout 3-4x a week, Stop making excuses
    (Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Not necessarily better than anyone, but I want to look good for my class reunion this summer.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute jeans...that I can go in and buy anywhere in the mall! And the cute little burnout tees without having to worry about bumps and lumps!
  • Screen Name: maykatcooper

Age/Age Range: 59 (as of Dec 21 2010)

Family Life: My husband of 39 years (Aug 19) and 4 grown kids with fams of their own... and Peekaboo our rescue kitty. Smile.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Cooking, Photography, Quilting, Knitting, Golf

Favorite Music: Christian and Easy Rock

Favorite Color(s): Blue/ anything that comes out of an oil paint tube

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: My Eliptical, Wii, Yoga and hugely modified P90X

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to walk for exercise without having to follow up with 5 mos of Physical Therapy. Sigh. Aftermath of Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My husband decided for the first time ever to go on a diet to lose weight. Working with a partner has been amazingly fun and so much easier than fighting the PACK (husband and 4 kids + all their friends)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Desire for full abandon with pizza

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Attitude: Focus on what is OK versus what is not OK. Exercise: Consistency. Eating: Discipline in making GREAT choices.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself 20 years ago!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything that looks really hot/chic/correct/trendy/classic while fitting perfectly! ...not just "good" for a fat girl!
  • Screen Name: sweetiieheart

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Living with fiance and his parents/brothers

Hobbies and Interests: computer, walking, painting, shopping

Favorite Music: Lady Gaga, rofl, it's my sad addiction

Favorite Color(s): PINK!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Biking and weight lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? Be able to lift 50 lbs with my arms, lol!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Getting up to a size 12 when I was a size 0

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Seeing myself in the mirror

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? push myself instead of giving up, not drink soda, drink more water!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousins

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? TWO PIECE BIKINI AGAIN!!!!

• Screen Name: P H A T

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: brothers, sisters, mother, father, aunts, uncles, a plethora of cousins, grands, & in betweens

Hobbies and Interests: music, piano, writing, reading, cartoons, I also Love to cook!

Favorite Music: I love everything from HipHop to opera, country, Death metal & everything in between

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: cardio, power walking!

What are your fitness/health goals? I just wanna lose 100 lbs to start .. I have a lot of weight to lose..

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? im gonna be a first time auntie..

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? discipline with eating right!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? sugar, overeating & planning

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my whole family.. LOL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I wanna wear a halter dress, or a nice maxi dress without feeling too jiggly, lol
  • Screen Name: Ritchey
    Age/Age Range: Mid 30s
    Family Life: married woman, mother of two teenage stepchildren and one 6 year old girl
    Hobbies and Interests: Computers, reading, exercising
    Favorite Music: Black eyed peas and pretty much everything
    Favorite Color(s): Greens and pinks
    Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I used part of my tax return for a bike and I love it. Weightlifting, walking.
    What are your fitness/health goals? One day I want to be able to run again and rollerblade again.
    What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Feeling out of breathe all the time. Seeing my daughter eating too much candy.
    What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying on track and motivated. I always give up and then I will gain even more weight.
    What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    1. Drinking water( I have been addicted to soda to much)
    2. Eating small reasonable portions.
    3. Don’t give up on exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I guess better than myself right now and definatly better than any possible future fatter version of myself. The weight gaining has to stop right now!
    What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anythingwhere I don’t feel like I need to cover up my belly so much.
  • TowTruckWife
    Screen Name: TowTruckWife

Family Life: Wonderful husband and our "child", Auto

Occupation: Formerly a phlebotomist, returned to college in Jan. for accounting

Hobbies and Interests: Fourwheeling, walking, baking, watching movies

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking with Auto

What are your fitness/health goals? First and foremost, I just want to get healthy. I do want to lose 100lbs. I was always the overweight girl- I want to be the healthy and fit girl.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: I realized that I had gained back the 40lbs I had lost in 2009. I also can't control that I had lost my job and the repercussions from that. But I can control what I eat and how much I exercise.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Slipping up and then not getting right back on track.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Keeping up with calorie counting, stick to my exercise program, learn some new menus so I don't get bored.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousin who once was bigger like me, but is still smaller when 7 months pregnant!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? : Swimsuit without being ashamed
  • Screen Name:lynn89

Age/Age Range:21

Family Life: Married, no children. Mom and dad seperated, 2 brothers, middle child.

Hobbies and Interests: Music. I sing, play guitar, piano, drums, bass, etc and write all my music. Haven't had much time in a while though.

Favorite Music: Everything. I like opera and soul music but I like a bit of everything.

Favorite Color(s): Green. Also really like blue and black (yes, I know it's not technically a color.)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Biking.

What are your fitness/health goals? I just wanted a flat stomach. Didn't happen though yet (not even close) even though my BMI is now 23.7... so going to try strength training now..

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got married and saw my wedding video. I stood on the scales at 285 just after my honeymoon on Thanksgiving with my mom and I just started crying. I had reached the same BMI as my mom and I was only 19.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating enough calories and drinking enough water. I am currently trying to forget about the number and work on making sure I am healthy and not hurting myself any more as I have been for the last several months.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drink enough water. Eat enough food. Add more strength training. (Get a trainer?)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone. > Really, I already beat most of the people who were on my original list. Honestly now, all I want is to be thin like my husband or at least maybe weigh the same. (he's 6'0.5 and 137... > Really sucked being mroe than twice his weight..)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to wear a swimsuit...wondering if that will happen because of my height... and my stomach sucks so two-pieces are out....
  • I'm here!
    Screen Name: Funchickypoo

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: Single mom 2 kids (DD15/DS12)

Occupation: Admin Asst until laid off in Sept. Full time student now

Hobbies and Interests: Used to love karate (competed with my kids for 3 yrs) now I have 3 bulging discs and SI joint disfunction. Can bearly walk or put weight on hips (sitting)...

Favorite Music: Classic Rock

Favorite Color(s): Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I can't do anything right now!
    What are your fitness/health goals? get below 180 for now, breathe better,

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    I have been in pain a long time and I need to stop the cycle.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Physical limitations (asthma, back and hip problems)

lung capacity (asthma), back/hip problems and eating better

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : MYSELF!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    sun dress without it looking like a moomoo
  • Screen Name: PacSunMama

Family Life: 4th anniversary coming up, a 2.5 year old boy and a baby girl due in 2 weeks!

Hobbies and Interests:Photography, reading, crafting and baking!

Favorite Music:Country or anything "clean" with a good beat

Favorite Color(s): aquamarine

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Not sure yet... just re-starting. I hate running but LOVED how good I felt afterward, so maybe that!

What are your fitness/health goals?: Too many to list right here, but I'd like to run another half marathon, except do it in 3 hours or under this time. I will have about 85-95 pounds to lose after the little miss arrives.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: It's more of an underlying need to change my health and fitness, and improve my life. It's this growing need to DO something about it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Sticking to working hard and continuing forward!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: I can't say all of it? Lol... because pretty much, all of it!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My younger sister... can I say that on here? ha! She's very athletic and physically fit and I'd love not to be embarrassed to take a picture with her!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A gorgeous ball gown at the Army ball. And shorts. I never wear shorts, haven't in a long time except when I was living in the desert and very pregnant with my son... and feeling desperate!
  • Screen Name: Dester

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Living with parents, have a long distance wonderful boyfriend.

Hobbies and Interests: Sports, makeup, fashion, philosophy, dogs, music, movies, visiting my boyfriend.

Favorite Music: Alternative, Indie, Metal

Favorite Color(s): Pink, black, baby blue, oh I love color :P

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Weights, yoga, ballet, booty dancing, trying to run but failing after 10 minutes.

What are your fitness/health goals?
    To be slim, unsure of the weight that would be, but I want firm arms and few bulges. Maybe 150?

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    Nearly reaching 300lbs and possibly losing a chance at a great relationship because of my weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    Exercise, portion control, actually feeling like I've lost 80lbs...I feel as fat as I ever have.

Working out every day, portion control, pushing myself in exercise.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?
    Hm...not many people lol! Everyone in my office is on a diet or getting WLS, so...I look like them.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    SHORT SLEEVES! I haven't worn them since I was 14. Don't even get me started about bathing suits :\
  • Screen Name: Pochamma10

Age/Age Range: Early 30s

Family Life: Married

Hobbies and Interests: Traveling, cooking, writing poetry, reading, hiking, too many to list!

Favorite Music: I love a wide range of stuff - especially anything with a danceable beat be it country or disco or rap!

Favorite Color(s): Black (Ok, so it's the absence of color!)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Hiking in the woods, weight machines at the gym, elliptical, and dance workouts

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthier! Run for 1 mile straight and go up my five flights of stairs without getting out of breath and panting like a dog!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My good friend from childhood, who was always obese, passed away the other week. It made me realize that I needed to get off my duff, quit making excuses, and get RID of this weight once and for all!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Feeling that the journey to my goal weight will take forever and I might as well just give up now. That and my LOVE of fooooood!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop making excuses and just exercise, stop binge eating, and don't get complacent when I see a small loss!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I just want to look the best I can look. I'm not competing with anyone but myself!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything that is not a size 20! Below a size 14 would be a dream!
  • Screen Name: melissakd

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: live with fiance of two years and our 2 dogs. very close to siblings, parents, nieces, nephews, etc.

Hobbies and Interests: reading, cooking

Favorite Music: just about all of it.

Favorite Color(s): black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking on the treadmill now. Don't mind exercise just can't seem to get motivated.

What are your fitness/health goals? Get my blood pressure under control naturally and get off these pills!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Hospital stay due to outrageous blood pressure.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not smoking in place of eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise more, don't skip meals because I'm bored with choices and really get that this is a lifestyle change.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : me, now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sexy teddy
  • Newbie Counter Says Hello
    Screen Name: Phoenix32203

Family Life: Divorced, Living with my 15 year-old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: movies, bike riding, bird watching, colored pencil art, reading, music

Favorite Music: My interests are all over the place--I love alternative, classic rock, some country, big band, and even some of that easy listening 70's stuff.

Favorite Color(s): I can't decide--I love 'em all! I'm a rainbow gal.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking and dvd workouts at home

What are your fitness/health goals? I am aiming for 130, but am going to see what feels/looks best as I go.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just got back from Florida and I felt like a bloated, capri-not-shorts-wearin' beached whale the whole time. It wasn't pretty. At all.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Planning. I know what to do and how to do it, but if I don't plan ahead, I won't do it. I have to plan my menu, shop, and prep my meals on Sunday or I'm messed up all week.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Sticking with it and making time for myself to do what's good for me.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Nobody really, I am just looking forward to unleashing a shock and awe campaigne upon those at work and on the public at large....

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Whatever I want! Teeny-tiny treasures from any store I happen upon.