Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Down 27 pounds and still don't see a difference!

Well this is frustrating! I'm down 27 pounds and still can't tell, nobody has said a word about me losing weight. My jeans are starting to feel different but when I look in the mirror, my body is still the same! I can't tell a difference in my stomach or anything else. ACK!
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Have you tried wearing smaller, more form fitting clothes? The second I started wearing more form fitting clothes people started to speak up My old clothes got so big I felt like I was wearing tents.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Try taking pictures of your progress. I have lost 30lbs and I can still wear some of the jeans that I wore at my highest weight. Sure, they fit better now, but I was getting discouraged because they weren't falling off of me. Thankfully, I was inspired by some of the before and after shots on this site and I started taking pictures of myself from the front, back, and side. When I compare my start pictures with my current pictures, I can see a huge difference!
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Have you takrn your measurements ? Remember those pounds came from all over your body . It is harder to see it in ourselves as we see ourselves in the mirror all the time. I am sure if someone hasn't seen you in a while they will notice. And there is this some people notice but don't say anything.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-15-2011 at 11:10 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #5  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hang in there!! People might not notice if you are still wearing the same clothes you've always worn. Go down a size and I'm betting that people will notice. Whether they say anything or not is a different story. Sometimes people don't want to ask if you've lost weight because they might not want to offend you if you haven't lost weight. You never know! 27 pounds is an awesome accomplishment ~ keep up the great work!

Last edited by Emme; 03-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Have you tried wearing smaller, more form fitting clothes? The second I started wearing more form fitting clothes people started to speak up My old clothes got so big I felt like I was wearing tents.
This! I lost 15lbs and no one commented until I started wearing my older smaller clothes. Congrats on your wt loss thus far!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #7  
Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 280/162/160

Height: 5'8

I second the measurements - that's the best way I can tell something has budged. Also seconding the form fitting clothing - the stuff I was wearing 27 pounds ago make me appear as though I am drowning in them.

And remember - even though 27 pounds is a loss we all think should be noticed, it may take others a lot longer, especially if they aren't the most observant of people.
586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/181/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree about taking measurement and pics along the way so you can compare. I also agree about wearing smaller clothes. I can really tell when I have on a form fitting tank when I am lounging around the house.
2ChinaDolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

i hear ya girl! Im only 5'0 and i figured losing 25lbs would make a big difference. Only 1 person has said something to me. Ironically, the same person who asked me if i was pregnant before starting this.
WeightForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #10  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

No one really noticed on me until about 50 lbs! Of course I started out bigger than many of you, and the bigger you are, the more weight you have to lose before anyone notices. (Good analogy I saw on here...if you peel off 20 squares of toilet paper from a brand new roll, you don't notice it as much as when the roll is almost out!)

It was funny though, right about then (50 lb mark), it's like people were seeing me for the first time. So weird! Part of it also might have been my new clothes too...I definitely recommend that!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

It took me til about the 40 lb mark for people to really start to notice. Before that they wondered but people said they were embarrassed to ask if I was actually losing weight in case I wasn't! lol

Try wearing smaller clothes too. The second I start wearing something that actually fits me, people notice. Until then, you're hiding your hot new bod behind frumpy clothes!
Xaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

I worry cause of how heavy I am that it will take me losing alot of weight to see a difference but I would go with everyone else. If you put on clothes a bit more shape hugging you would probably see a difference! Good luck and keep up the good work!
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #13  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Hi Dawn, this might help

Paper Towel Theory by Bob White

Let’s assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge). You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your before/ picture).

The other one represents you (I’ll call your paper towel you “Ed”). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let’s say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let’s also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll (”Big Al”) for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can’t be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to follow Body-for-LIFE. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference. That stinkin’ Bill Phillips MUST be a liar!

But Ed is determined! He works hard! Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week Body-for-LIFE program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al - well he’s not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around,that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you’ll never see the inside, if you aren’t patient while the outside is coming off! - Bob White
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

Thanks Lauren! I was coming in here to complain a bit because I feel like I am working soooo hard and I get no feedback from anyone.

I see results on the scale but in the mirror I still look the same. There are days I think my husband must think I am lying about my weight loss....lol But he keeps encouraging me to keep it up.

I keep telling myself--maybe after 10 more lbs! Its what's keeping me going.
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

I like what LaurenA wrote, and I also agree with beerab.

From my past experience, people usually notice when I wear more fitted clothing.

To be honest with you, I don't really like when people notice. It may seem strange but it feels like it puts pressure on me. I feel like people are constantly watching me. What I eat, what I do, am I gaining weight, am I losing more weight? But that's just personal issues.

I think you're doing a great job and if the scale is saying so and your clothes fit better, then you're on the right track!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote