3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

DEDIKAYTED 01-27-2011 12:39 PM

I was going to try this recipe for oatmeal cookies soon to see how it works out. We could throw some raisins it :)

oatmeal cookies

1 c oatmeal
1/4t salt
1 ripe mashed banana (the black ones add the most flavor)
1 egg white
1 T Splenda
1/2t cinnamon
A few apple chunks and/or applesauce-optional

Mix and pat onto cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for crisp cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes

joyfulloser 01-27-2011 06:48 PM

Mmmm...recipe looks good. Let me know how they turn out!:p I was thinking of trying them out...but I think I'd better just stick to one treat for now...my pumpkin muffins!:) Thanks:hug:

DEDIKAYTED 01-27-2011 06:51 PM

Yea... I say that's a good idea... One treat is good. I am trying to stay as strict as I can so that I can make this darn scale move! Say a prayer! ;)

joyfulloser 01-28-2011 07:32 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links - 219 cals.
Snack - Spinach salad w/grilled chicken, walnuts, cranberry, 3 cherry tomatoes, feta, 5 cal raspberry vinegrette, 1 tbsp light ranch - 300 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Lunch - Mexican Picadillo, Agave Glazed Plantains - 435 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup pineapple - 50 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Snack - 1/2 oz unsalted cashews - 80 cals.
Dinner - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 420 cals.
Snack - 3 slices of DiGiorno 3 Meat Pizza - 525 cals.

Total Calories: 2,238 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.2 miles (ugghhh...HARD!) OFF til Sunday!!!:D

MUST get in at least 3.5-4 miles today...need to get back on my running schedule!

**EDIT** Feeling really SNACKY today...

joyfulloser 01-28-2011 09:06 AM

Progress PICS!!!

5 Attachment(s)
Thought it would be good to post pics so that the folks out there can see what losing those last few "vanity" pounds can look like. It's so true that you lose LAST from the areas where you gain FIRST! Grrrrhhh!:mad:

The first pic is at the beggining of my journey...

Second pic was about 30 lbs lighter...but still with muffin-top

Third, Fourth and Fifth pics are from yesterday down a total of 41 lbs.:)
and finally lost muffin top!:carrot:

The final 18 lbs will have to completely come from my upper thighs, yet and still a little from the waist line and of course...the rump!:^:

Slim CB 01-28-2011 09:36 AM

Wow girl!!! u look good!!!! Keep it up!!!

If you ask me I think you look just fine right now...but I know the feeling of wanting to achieve a certain number on the scale. WTG!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

joyfulloser 01-28-2011 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim CB (Post 3680552)
Wow girl!!! u look good!!!! Keep it up!!!

If you ask me I think you look just fine right now...but I know the feeling of wanting to achieve a certain number on the scale. WTG!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thank you SlimB!!!:hug: Actually, the number on the scale is not as important to me as a certain body fat %...I just like myself at about 14-15% bf. The picture below is from August 2009...this is me at 150 lbs, 14-15% bf...this is what I'm trying to get back to.:)

Jen516 01-28-2011 03:41 PM

Dang!!! :cp: :cp: :cp: Totally worth all the hard work, huh!? Nice to know that's what my goal wieght looks like on 5'9" -- hopefully it looks as good on me! :D You look great!!

DEDIKAYTED 01-28-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3680472)
Thought it would be good to post pics so that the folks out there can see what losing those last few "vanity" pounds can look like. It's so true that you lose LAST from the areas where you gain FIRST! Grrrrhhh!:mad:

The first pic is at the beggining of my journey...

Second pic was about 30 lbs lighter...but still with muffin-top

Third, Fourth and Fifth pics are from yesterday down a total of 41 lbs.:)
and finally lost muffin top!:carrot:

The final 18 lbs will have to completely come from my upper thighs, yet and still a little from the waist line and of course...the rump!:^:

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLL! You are SMOKIN!!! Your hard work has really paid off!!!! I am so pumped for you!!!! Are those pants a juniors 5?

I love it. Your progress is simply amazing and you should be soooo proud of yourself. 'Can't no one tell you those TREAT meals aren't working for you!!' Period!

:carrot:

nope.. I just looked again... Lawd! Looks like size 3!

joyfulloser 01-28-2011 07:38 PM

Thanks Jen & DediKayted!!! Remember now...I've still got 18 lbs to go (hopefully 16lbs by Monday;))

The pic above (of the back of me) is me at 150 lbs. at a size 6. I'm like a size 8-10 now. I have a feeling that my body may start to fight me at around 160 lbs. The last 10 are always murder. Just hang tight and above all LISTEN TO YOUR BODY...less is sometimes more!;) WE CAN DO THIS GURRRRRRLLLLLZZZZZZZ!:carrot:

joyfulloser 01-29-2011 07:58 AM

I had a CHEAT MEAL last night...
Weight today is 170.0

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage links - 219 cals.
Snack - NONE
Lunch - Thai Stir fry chicken over brown rice, green beans - 380 cals.
Snack - banana - 100 cals.
Dinner - Homemade Chili, peas & carrots - 406 cals.
Snack - small salad w/20 cal. dressing, 1 oz jerk chicken - 80 cals.
Snack - 5.5 oz fresh pineapple - 75 cals.

Total Calories: 1,479 cals.

EXERCISE:

Wii Just Dance 2 - 20 mins.:D
NO RUNNING TODAY - went over friends house, who served a lovely Jamaican food dinner. I ate dinner before going over, so as to not be rude, I ate a small portion of salad and a small chunk of jerk chicken...desert was ice cream and cake (which I passed on).:D

Will run 3 miles today to shake off the excess sodium from last night (calories were also a little higher than normal);)

DEDIKAYTED 01-29-2011 09:22 PM

I love when you have cheat meals.. I can't wait til Monday!!!!!!

joyfulloser 01-30-2011 07:29 AM

Weight today: 170.6

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage links - 219 cals.
Snack - NONE
Lunch - Shepherd's Pie, peas & carrots - 354 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - 1 oz unsalted cashews, few raisins - 200 cals.
Dinner - Jamaican Curried Chicken Thighs over spicey Carribbean black eyed peas and Plantain, steamed spinach - 447 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,474 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles - Sprinted last 60 secs. (GREAT RUN!!! FEELING RENEWED!)

MUST get at least 5 miles done today - need it to get my body back on point! Too much sodium has caused me to be bloated, and just "out of sorts". Today's run along with resuming my normal "low sodium" diet should stabilize my bodyweight. As far as my anticipated "weight loss" this week, for some reason I don't anticipate it being more than a 1 lb, if that. Seems my cells want to hold on to water this week...perhaps rebuilding some muscle?

We'll see...point is...DON'T FREAK when you gain 2 lbs in 1 day...unless, of course, you just ate an actual COW the day before...it is a mathmatical certainty that it is NOT fat gain!:D

DEDIKAYTED 01-30-2011 01:01 PM

My prediction is -- that by Tuesday or Wednesday we'll see 167!!

joyfulloser 01-31-2011 07:49 AM

Weekly Weigh-In: 168.0 (-.6lbs) - RIGHT AGAIN!;)
This is an excellent lesson in how sodium can throw your TRUE weight off by several pounds and seemingly stall your progress! Watch your sodium Peoples!!!:D

Snack - Spinach salad w/3 oz grilled chicken, 3 cherry tomato, cranberry, walnuts, feta, 1 tbsp light ranch, 2 tbsp 5 cal rasberry vinegrette - 300 cals.
Lunch - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 420 cals.
Dinner - Jamaican Curried Chicken Thighs over spicey Carribbean black eyed peas and Plantain, steamed spinach - 447 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,650 cals.

EXERCISE:

Recumbent Bike - 50 minutes, level 10, interval/random setting

Friends coming over tonight to workout in my gym. Going to get back on regular schedule and run 4+ miles and then some pull-ups and bodyweight exercises!:D

**EDIT** GREAT workout this evening with friends. Gave up treadmill for friend to use. Glad I did, got a CRAZY workout for my legs and sweat so much I was soaked from head to toe. Legs totally pumped and I think that was just the SHOCK my body needed! 165...look out!!!:carrot: