Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1  

Default What do you eat for breakfast?

Last edited by HermersSis; 03-06-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/173/145

Height: 5'5.5"

I hate the breakfast, i hate to eat in the morning but... i have to, so, i donīt have much imagination with it. My breakfast (around 300 calories) usually is :

orange juice (3 oranges freshly squeezed)
2 whole wheat biscottes
2 oz turkey breast
1 cup Non fat milk

I just eat the same day after day... if want more calories i just increase the portion sizes, if want more carbs eat more biscottes, if want more proteins eat more turkey breast...

Somedays i wake up wanting something sweet and instead of turkey breast i eat about 2 tpsp of light strawberry jam.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

What I find with me is if I eat a high protein breakfast like the following list, I seam to not munch as much during the day and night.

-egg white burrito with spinach or turkey sausage
-peanut butter and wheat bread
-Tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana
-smoothie: protein powder, fat free yogurt, low sugar oj, fruit
Old 10-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I actually start my morning with a fruit (a medium apple or 2 plums). Then, I workout and after that, I'll eat my real breakfast. It's usually 150 calorie oatmeal or egg whites scrambled with veggies like mushroom and onion. Some days, I'll just have 10 almonds as my morning snack.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

turkey bacon would be good.

how many cal do want breakfast to be? does it need to have fiber, protein, fast? what's most important?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I usually eat whatever I had for dinner the night before. If it weren't for leftovers, I would be lost. I cut the portion size way in half though. Like last night I had subway, so I saved the other half of my sub for breakfast.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #7  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

fiber one cereal(original) is a good one. low cal, tons of fiber. very filling bc of the fiber. you might not be able to eat more than 1 cup of it. be careful, too much fiber than send you too the bathroom if you aren't used to it. and drink lots of water. fruit is really good with it. i like frozen cherries best. or berries. i think the other fiber one cereals have way too much sugar. but original has very little.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #8  
No description available.

Did you see this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...ast-ideas.html ? There is also a thread for 400 calorie lunch and dinner ideas. They are both stickied at the top of the Calorie Counter forum. Hope this helps!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/173/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyKins View Post
What I find with me is if I eat a high protein breakfast like the following list, I seam to not munch as much during the day and night.

-egg white burrito with spinach or turkey sausage
-peanut butter and wheat bread
-Tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana
-smoothie: protein powder, fat free yogurt, low sugar oj, fruit
The egg white burrito sounds good!!! (for my dinner ) can you give us the recipe??
Old 10-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4''

-whole wheat toast spread with 2 tbsp of peanut butter, cinnamon and 1/4 of an apple
-.75-1 cup of cereal (preferably a generic brand called wheat squares) with .5 cup of 1% milk and 2 tbsp of peanut butter
-.5 cup dry quick oats with 1 cup of 1% milk and 2 tbsp of peanut butter

On days I don't have class I usually have one of the above or:

-scrambled eggs (1 egg, 2 egg whites) with .5 cup cooked spinach and sometimes mozzarella and/or whole wheat tortilla
-some new recipe I want to try
Old 10-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #11  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I like the Jimmy Dean D-Lights breakfast sandwiches, particularly the one with the whole wheat bagel - 260 cal, 18g protein, 4g fiber...kind of pricey, but I stock up when I find them on sale for about $4.50 a box.

I tend to aim for about 300 cal for breakfast, including my beloved coffee creamer, but you could adjust for calories just by adjusting portion sizes on my other 2 staple breakfasts below.

1/4 cup quick cook oats
fiber powder
1 packet splenda
tons of cinnamon
dash of salt
1 tbsp Better 'N' Peanut Butter (which I hate on it's own but love in oatmeal)
1/2 c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
Microwave, stir, microwave some more until nice and thick - tastes like cinnamon graham crackers with PB to me

Oats (100 cals)
Fake PB (50 cals)
Almond Breeze (20 cals)
Syrup (20 cals)
*If I do this one, I tend to mix a scoop of protein powder into my coffee, otherwise it's all carbs*

Or I do -
1 serving Special K Protein (100 cals and 10g protein)
1 serving Kashi Go Lean Cereal (140 cals and 13g protein)
2 packs splenda
cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze (45 cals)

I'm not doing a low carb diet specifically, but I do try to make sure that I eat protein with every meal and nearly all snacks, otherwise I get hungry incredibly quickly --

During the summer, I also love lots of fresh melon and a serving of cottage cheese....I'm very sad that the last two melons I bough were bleh
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #12  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

For me, breakfast depends on when I wake up haha. Monday-Thursday I'm up around 10am and I usually have around 300 calories for breakfast. Either a fruit/protein smoothie, a bowl of cereal (just one serving, about one cup depending on the cereal) with almond milk and some fruit, or toast with Better N' Peanut Butter and sugar-free jam plus some non-fat Greek yoghurt. Sometimes I have oatmeal too, but that depends on whether or not I remember to soak the oats overnight.

On Fridays I work early, so I'm up around 8am. On those days I'll usually have just a bowl of cereal and then I'll bring a Soy Joy to work that I eat around 10am, when I'd normally eat breakfast the other days of the week.

On the weekends I can sleep in as late as 11am-noon, so I'm usually pretty hungry when I wake up. On those days I usually have about 400-500 calories and have eggs, meatless sausage, toast with BNPB and jam, and some fruit and yoghurt. It's more like a breakfast/lunch, though, because then "lunch" is usually just a small snack between when I wake up and dinner.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #13  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

this morning I scrambled an egg (with a little water to make it fluffy), when it was almost set, I shoved it to the side of the skillet, spooned in a 1/3 c of black beans, 2 tblsp salsa, a big handful of baby spinach and a sprinkle of garlic powder, tossed a corn tortilla on top and put a lid on it. Made my tea then took the lid off and turned it over on a plate. Open face B-fast enchilada! Filling, yum, and only about 250 calories!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

-quaker lower sugar oatmeal
-banana
-clementine
Old 10-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #15  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Breakfast is a hard meal for me because I have to eat it so darn early (I get up at 4 on weekdays and eat breakfast between 5 and 6) and because it has to be sustaining enough to fuel me to lunchtime. My morning meals tend to be heartier than those of other posters.

My breakfasts average between 400 and 500 calories.

Some favorites are

Oatmeal made with 1% milk with half a banana and a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter.

2 scrambled eggs (made with 1% milk and scrambled in a teaspoon of butter) with a slice of plain whole grain toast.

2 slices whole grain toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

2 slices whole grain toast with a slice of swiss cheese melted on them

A cup of greek yogurt with cinnamon and splenda and a quarter cup of raisons.

I've tried eating smaller lighter breakfasts but if I do I'm dragging by 10 a.m. I only get a ten minute break which gives me no time to have a healthy snack except a piece of fruit and fruit on its own tends to make me hungry.
Closed Thread