Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #1  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

Default Frustration, belly, water, bloat, ugggh!

So Im at one of my lowest weights ever. Im on vacation and have stuck within my calorie range so I cant blame it on "vacation". But my stomach feels very bloated and is sticking out so much further than normal. Like its uncomfortably bloated. I dont know if Im just sick of sucking in so when I let it all the way out it feels huge or what but anyone ever felt like this?

I have been drinking alot more water than normal so maybe that has to do with it?

I've been eating very healthy so Im just frustrated and confused.

Sample day of food, today:
Breakfast:
Espresso with Sweet N Low
35 calorie toast with 1/4 cup egg beaters, 2 tbsp salsa and salt

Lunch:
80 calorie pita, with 1/4 cup egg beaters, salsa, lettuce, 2 slice of tomato
then sauteed veggies: onion, zucchini, and bell peppers.

This should not make my stomach feel uncomfortable!

I think this might just be a ramble, but I need to...
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Im going thru that right now too. i have to consciously tell myself that i KNOW its just bloat and that i KNOW it will be gone in a couple or few days. It ALWAYS goes back down. ALWAYS. EVERYTIME. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. I still feel ucky and uncoordinated and full and heavy though. even if i go and eat badly the next couple of days, it will STILL be gone in a couple of days.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #3  
Lets try this again

I dont understand it! I stay under 1000 calories a day...... Im just so uncomfortable these past few days! Ugh. Any suggestions!?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I'm going through some kind of crazy bloating right now too. I think part of it is due to the awful weekend I had, but I've never felt like this before. I feel like there is literally a ton of excess air in my belly. It's so weird... I wish I had advice for you...my only course of action is to wait it out and stay the course.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

Height: 5'5"

When I was a cheerleader and head belly bloat our coach told us to do sit ups... believe it or not, it helped a lot. We also increased our water intake, but it sounds like you're already doing that. Just don't stress yourself out, in a few days all will be back to normal.
thepapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

maybe eat more protein and green veggies only
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Have you been tested for an allergy to wheat?
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #8  
Lets try this again

Has gone down a bit!
I think its the water and liquids Im drinking honestly.
But isnt lots of liquid supposed to help with weight loss?!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

The water would help with reducing bloating, but what else are you drinking?
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #10  
Lets try this again

Sugar free drink mixes, think Crystal Light.

The last 3 days, prior bloat Ive had a few diet sodas, but mostly low calorie drink mix.

Good news is, bloat is down. I think Im being paranoid because Im scaleless for a week!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 172/168.8/160

Height: 5'6

Sometimes the artificial sweetners make me bloated and uncomfortable. I avoid them as much as possible and stick with plain water or unsweetened iced tea.

I also found that as I increase my intake of veggies like broccoli I also tend to bloat a little bit more. It always subsides though. I feel your pain though. Period is due on Monday and I already had to break out the yoga capris with elastic...lol!
Handbags66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #12  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I too have been feeling like this for a few days and the same thing happened last month. It's a horrible feeling and it looks bad. I can't wait until it goes away. In addition to the bloat I have also been quite gassy. I'm gonna try no flavor packets for the water tomorrow and see if that helps. Thanks for the thread
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

I'm with Handbags66 on this one. Maybe you should try to cut out (or reduce) the Crystal Light. I recently started adding Crystal Light packets to my water and couldn't figure out why I felt so bloated and ugh. I stopped using them for a couple of days. Weight went down, bloated feeling went away. I used another one the night before last and, of course, bloating was back. So I've decided to leave the artificial sweeteners alone. Straight water for me.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 AM   #14  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I just wanted to comment on the 1000 calories a day you may want to thin k about raising that to a minimum of 1200- that is the lowest recommended amount to be at unless under a doctors supervision- your body could be holding onto calories because it thinks it's in starvation mode which will result in a plateau or even weight gains I've heard.. just be careful k
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #15  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Sugar alcohol will do it! Seriously. Not everyone is sensitive to them, but for those of us that ARE, it can be awful. Sugar free gum, crystal light, sugar free jello/pudding/syrups (like Sugar free lattes from starbucks) aspartame (equal) all that crap. It can make you EXTREMELY bloated and gassy. Before i figured out that sugar free is what was causing it, i would get gas so bad i would have to cancel appts.... like with my trainer, and the dentist, etc. My lower abdomen was extrememly distended and firm (i looked at least5 months preggers, no joke). This went on for 6-7 MONTHS. I could not figure out what was wrong! I thought all my problems were because i had just stopped smoking. SF can cause diarreah, constipation, gas, bloating, etc. And the more you eat, the worse it gets. Stay clear from anything with sugar alcohol listed in the ingredients (Sorbitol, malitol, ethyritol, dextritol (sp?) aspartame as well can cause it. Of course we are all different, and not everyone is sensitive to it.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote