my family thinks I've gone off the deep end!

• ever since I started this calorie counting I 've been counting everything.
    I count out the number of what ever to get the calories it says on the pakage,I use my measuring cups & spoons,I think it's getting addictive!
  • I've been doing that for 4 years.... my family knows I'm crazy! But hey, it works!
  • You should invest in a small kitchen scale. It helps with things that are not so easy to use measuring cups and spoons for. Plus, it is much more accurate. I am addicted to counting everything right now too. The scale has been a savior.
  • I heart my kitchen scale.
  • I just started calorie counting... but I adore my kitchen scale!!!
  • My kitchen scale and I are bffs! I've discovered grams too! If you have discovered them, try it. You never know how much air can be in a tsp! Especially in stuff like shreaded cheese.
  • I agree the kitchen scale is the best. I bought a digital from Williams & Sonoma best investment. And no measuring is not crazy if it works.
  • I'm always counting out my stuff too - 17 Special K crackers, etc. I tell my family, "y'all eat the broken ones if you're going to eat my crackers." LOL It's easier to count the whole ones!
  • I starte counting 2 weeks ago and I'm already obsessed too.
    I keep count of what I eat on my phone, then when I come home it's straight to my FitDay to enter everything and make sure I'm not going over or under. I keep my measuring spoons in my measuring cup on the counter at all times. It looks like unfinished dishes but it really helps!
  • I am so bad about counting calories. I want to know exactly what is going in my mouth. In fact, I have been eating apple slices and grapes that are in a bag with the calories labeled so I know exactly how much I am eating. I have been using measuring cups, but a scale sounds like it could come in handy.
  • I tried not to be seen counting the almonds into my morning oatmeal when I visited my mom over Christmas (15 = ca. 100 cal); she would think it was eating-disorderish. (Sometimes *I* start to wonder myself.)

I'm really glad I got my scale. It's really handy for cheese since I'm not really good at "domino size" which is supposed to be 1oz. Also for meat; I found I was WAY underestimating the size of meat portions.

Also if you bake it's supposed to be a much more accurate way of measuring flour, sugar etc than cups. At least my grandma always said that.

A lot of the packaging here has grams on it, and my scale is also in grams so I have a post-it note on the inside of my kitchen cabinet door that lists 1 oz = 28g, 2oz = 54g etc.
  • gotta find me a scale,can you get one at Walmart?
  • beliter - Yes, I got mine at Walmart and I love it! I recommend the digital scales which will run you about $20.
  • I am a confirmed calorie counter .....works for me !
  • I have a biggest loser scale and I LOVE IT!! I just finished counting my rice crackers. I do that at work. One of my co workers was looking at me like I was crazy. I just laughed and told her I need to stay in my calorie budget and a handful could cost me my evening snack because they are high in calories.