3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Panera Bread - Another Good Guy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/196042-panera-bread-another-good-guy.html)

ncuneo 03-05-2010 06:56 PM

Panera Bread - Another Good Guy

So Panera Bread has a Nutritional Calulator where you can see the calories of what you are ordering and it will update the count based on deletions or substitutions! How cool is that. We are going there for dinner tomorrow so before we go when I know how many calories I have to work with at the end of the day I can figure out what I can have that will keep me "on plan". I really wish EVERYONE would do this...but who doesn't wish that!

I just love that I literally eat whatever I want and stay "on plan" if it is planned for. I'm losing faster than I ever did on other "diets" and I know I can do this for life!

healthyliving 03-05-2010 07:02 PM

Oh Oh I love Panera bread! There are so many options there and they are so good!
I tried their fuji apple chicken salad (dressing on side) last time with cup of vegetable soup and my hubby ordered some panini (which was too many calorie within my budget). He took a glance at my food and asked, are you serious is it just 270 calories? I proudly said yes, he loved my food better than his :).
Ohh and the best part- you can opt for an apple as a side instead of bread or chips.

mulder1921 03-05-2010 07:31 PM

Heading over to the site now! Love when you can build your food online.

ars 03-05-2010 07:47 PM

I just love Panera Bread! The local one I go to has the calorie counts right up on the menu. It is one of the places I enjoy eating out at, mainly because I do not have to worry through the whole meal about what the calorie content might be.

boxermom78 03-05-2010 09:41 PM

Panera Bread is my favorite. I love the pick 2 chicken noodle soup, salad, and wholegrain bread for 8 points!!! Tastey and fills me up. And it's nice to able to eat out and feel normal.

Paja 03-05-2010 11:20 PM

Not that people on a diet can be eating much of it, but Red Robin has one of those on their website too. I really appreciate it since I substitute a veggie patty onto burgers.

diornotwar 03-06-2010 07:18 PM

i loveeee panera bread's calorie counter! i use it all the time, since there's a panera bread right by my house.

Karen925 03-06-2010 07:48 PM

Great post. There is one right by me.

Karen925 03-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncuneo (Post 3186917)

I just love that I literally eat whatever I want and stay "on plan" if it is planned for. I'm losing faster than I ever did on other "diets" and I know I can do this for life!

I agree completely. Every day I will log my food and weigh when at home.

Karen925 03-11-2010 06:23 PM

After reading this thread and an article in paper, I went to Panera. Very easy looking up calories but I and DD forgot to ask for dressing on the side. Both our salads were drenched. I learned again, to always ask for it on the side, no matter what. If it already is, great, if not, then I avoid the 160 calories.

Some lessons seem to take longer than others to learn.

Shannon in ATL 03-11-2010 07:22 PM

My Panera always puts the dressing on the side in little cups, even when you order it for here. I need to remember that all don't do that!

Panera is about to start posting nutritional information on their menu boards, too, actually. Read it in a restaurant trade menu today.

beth4365 03-11-2010 07:25 PM

Great information! Thanks bunches as I'm going to meet a friend there on Saturday morning!

nelie 03-11-2010 07:29 PM

I actually don't eat at Panera anymore. They only have a few things I can eat and they don't understand what 'no cheese' means. I used to love them but oh well.