3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   LoseIt! for iPhone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/195870-loseit-iphone.html)

KatherynNicole 03-03-2010 05:53 PM

LoseIt! for iPhone

Does anyone use this app? I started using it at the beginning of February. I had already lost 10 lbs from December to February but since using this app I have lost 13 more lbs.

I love it, just wondering if anyone else finds this helpful as well. :)

Katheryn

zephyr524 03-03-2010 06:12 PM

I just started using it this week. I love it so far though.

snickers 03-03-2010 08:13 PM

I have used it since the beginning of january and lost 10 lb. i think it's great!

NorthernExposure 03-03-2010 09:40 PM

I started using it in about mid-January (shortly after I started my plan), and I'm down almost 25 lbs!

I like that I can both log and look up calories anywhere I go.

Karen925 03-03-2010 11:11 PM

I have been using Nutrition Menu since Oct 2009 and Loseit since Dec 2009. Lost over 25# since Oct.

The apps makes it very easy and accurate to record calories. And a calorie deficit over a long enough time will result in weight loss.

I will always use apps for food journaling.

jennynyc77 03-03-2010 11:44 PM

I too have been using LoseIt and think its great! I love that I can enter in my own foods and build in recipes I use often. So far I'm down 6 lbs. in two weeks :)

luckymommy 03-03-2010 11:45 PM

I have this on my iTouch and I LOVE it! It's really awesome! In fact, I was at my gym yesterday and I overheard one of our trainers telling a client about this very application! I hate to sound overly dramatic, but it kind of changed my life! ;)

KatherynNicole 03-04-2010 09:31 AM

Luckymommy - It has changed my life too! Who would have thought that something so simple would cause such a dramatic change.

I have tried, and failed, so many times when it comes to losing weight and this time has been so effortless thanks to LoseIt! For the first time I am not hungry, I am motivated and (most importantly) I AM seeing results.

MotoMichelle 03-04-2010 09:51 AM

I use Lose It! and like it a lot. I even did a writeup about it on my blog. :)

You can check it out here.

jigglefree 03-04-2010 11:11 AM

I've been using it and I love it too. The only thing is I don't include my workouts. I also don't really track my weight. I just rejoice when my size changes.

MelodyAngel 03-05-2010 10:58 AM

I like it as well, especially when I'm away from home I can track everything...I tried other similar apps, but this one is the best by far!

CoolMom75 03-12-2010 03:43 PM

I started using Lose It on my iTouch since yesterday and I think this is going to be great! I love how simplistic it is. I've been a long time Fitday user but gained and in a major weightloss slump. I think this app will get me back on track.

Karen925 03-12-2010 09:40 PM

If you haven't discovered yet, one can create "recipes" of frequently eaten meals, so instead of logging each item in, one can just select the "recipe".

Ex, I have an oatmeal breakfast, with same foods 2x week, every week. So I just go to my oatmeal breakfast and select that item. The LoseIt forums are helpful for more tips.

RynKay 03-13-2010 12:34 AM

I downloaded it, and it told me to eat 950 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week, but even if I added 200 calories to maybe just lost 1lb a week, thats STILL under the recommended 1200, did anyone else have this problem?

bronzeager 03-13-2010 04:44 AM

RynKay, that seems really out of whack. Maybe because you're already pretty close to or within ideal weight? (At least it seems to me from your height.) What did you put in for your current exercise level?

Try several of the online calculators and see what they recommend. There's one at mayoclinic.org I like, and fitday and so on.

I chose only one pound a week, which has been pretty accurate for me based on my actual losses; it gave me 1550 calories. I adjusted down 100 calories after I got used to that diet and it seemed like I was plateaued. It only occurred to me recently that as you enter lower weights that the app recalculates your formula and allows you slightly lower calories.

Which, duh, if you use a formula for calories based partly on body weight that will happen. But it was only last week that I thought to myself, Hey, when did that calorie number change to 13XX per day? And I'm exercising more regularly than I when I started, so I was really wondering why I was having energy problems.

So I have put it up again 100 cal and will probably do it again next week (or move it up to "lose 1/2 lb per week") to ease into a maintenance formula.