Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I only count calories but I try to watch what I eat in terms of whole foods. The junkier food just SUCKS because it eats up the calories. Today I snuck ONE SINGLE timbit (doughnut hole) that my kids chose as a "treat" and the damn thing was 70 calories!!! Geez. lol. So I try to choose whole foods as much as possible because then I can eat so much more for the same amount of calories.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
I only count calories but I try to watch what I eat in terms of whole foods. The junkier food just SUCKS because it eats up the calories. Today I snuck ONE SINGLE timbit (doughnut hole) that my kids chose as a "treat" and the damn thing was 70 calories!!! Geez. lol. So I try to choose whole foods as much as possible because then I can eat so much more for the same amount of calories.
True, but timbits ROCK. Not as much as the maple doughnuts though.

Maybe it's a good thing there are no Tim Hortons here!!!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #18  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

Countin calories and making wise choices. I am learning....
countryhomeschoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I started off counting calories, fats, sat fats, carbs, fiber, protein - all in my journal. It helped me get a 'feel' of certain things. However, I have been at this a long time and I find I know what are healthier choices.

Now I strictly count calories - I aim for proteins, mostly whole carbs, healthy fats, dairy, fruits and veggies every day. Of course...some days I eat junky foods. But, they don't keep me satisfied for long.

Calories counting does work. YAY.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote