List 400 calorie or less lunch/dinner ideas

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Thank you all so much! These are great ideas to get me started on this journy. Im amazed at what I can have to eat for 400 cals or less.
  • Yummy Yogurt

1 cup of non-fat/light yogurt (I use Meijer's brand, vanilla flavored, 140 calories per cup)
    1 Tablespoon of slivered or sliced almonds (50 calories)
    a few drizzles of honey, approx. 1 teaspoon (25 calories)
    1/4 cup of fruit (20 to 50 calories, I use berries or cut up apple or sliced banana)

Total calories of 235 to 265, depending on the type of fruit you use. This a real treat! I usually have this in the evening as a nightly snack
  • Egg Drop soup
    Use egg white instead of using it with the yoke, and you are only eating 17 calories! Plus the chicken broth doesn't have any calories in it, so you can make you some 'soup' and just drink it, hahaha!

Luck's Chicken & dumplings 160 calories

Spaghetto's 340 calories per can

TUNA!
    100 calories per 5 ounces
  • Quote: mcdonalds hamburger 250
    mcdonalds vanilla ice cream cone 150
    total 400
    This is definitely my favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice Mix

One cup prepared is 130 calories, you'd think that one cup couldn't fill you up, but it's actually a pretty good sized meal!
  • We ate at OutBack Steakhouse today and I got the Chicken Artichoke Flatbread. It is yummy! 8 slices. I looked up the nutritional value on 'my fitness pal". The whole thing has 596 cal., 32 fat, 11 carbs, 39 gr. protein! I had half of it for lunch-298 cal., with a half a large plain baked sweet tater. The other half I had later in this evening. It's filling and delicious. Would be good for breakfast too.
    I'm thinking this could easily be made at home. Oh! And it's only $5.00!!
  • Love this thread! Thanks for the recipes and ideas.
  • I make this Mexican egg thing called chilaquiles. It's really tasty, filling, and only 374 calories.

Recipe on my blog: http://micahandchristine.us/2010/07/08/06-14-55
  • Subway six inch oven roasted chicken breast sub:

At 320 calories, this is the most bang for your calorie I have ever seen in fast food. In my opinion, Subway is the holy grail of healthy fast food. I get the oven roasted chicken breast sub every time I go. I always load it up with all of my favorite veggies: lettuce, pickles, onions, and green peppers. Finally, to add a little kick, I throw on some spicy mustard and jalepenos. This sandwich tastes great and fills me up every time. Also, it has plenty of good stuff (lean protein, veggies) and nothing fried or greasy. No need to add chips or a soda. You’ll just pack on unnecessary calories. This one is a winner on its own.
  • For Breakfast I like to have a McDonald's egg McMuffin without the canadian bacon= 280 cals you can add some coffee with cream and sugar to equal 400

Lunch I prefer Hormel Compleats Microwave Meals Chilli=310 you can add some saltine crackers to equal 400.

or Dr McDougal's Vegan Black Bean and Lime Soup cup=340 cals

Dinner
    3 crab and cream cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms baked in the oven= 300 cals (these are pre-made in the produce section of the grocery)

I am a college student so I eat a lot of fast food and instant food I make McDonald's work for my weight loss lol
  • Tuna and Crackers -- TOTAL: 318 cals, 22.2 g carbs

Tuna à la FlipFlop -- 228 cals, 1.2 g carb
    1 Large can of Sunkist Chunklight Tuna in water (5-serving can)
    4 TBS Mayonnaise
    3 TSP Mustard
    1 Mt Olive Pickle (chopped)

Mix it all together and divide into 3 servings.

Crackers -- 90 cals, 20 g carbs
    2 Wasa multigrain crackers

You can throw in some fruit and still keep it under 400.
  • Wow, I am in love with this thread!!!
  • My new favorite meal
    Cheese and crakers with bellpeppers:

One wedge of Laughing Cow Light(toamto basil)- 35 cals
    Allouette Brie Cheese 2 tablespoons (Garlic and Herb)- 90 cals
    1/4 of a red bell pepper- 9 cals
    1/4 green bell pepper- 9 cals
    1 oz. of sharp cheddar cheese- 69 cals
    Fiber Select Wheat Thins (15 crackers)-138 cals

1 whole wheat wrap (100 cal) spread with
    1/2 laughing cow tomato basil cheese (17 cal) lay on
    3 slices lean roast beef (90 cal) lay on
    1/2 roasted red pepper - drained of oil (50 cal) cover with
    1/2 c. baby spinach leaves (maybe 10 cal?)

Roll it up and YUMMY! I drink my iced green tea all day to help boost metabolism.

Mix this up every morning:

4 decaf green tea bags steeped 10 min in 2 cups nuked bottled water.
    2 cups bottled water
    1 single serving packet Wyler's light lemonade
    extra lemon if you have it (helps if you're detoxing)
  • Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza

1 Flaxseed flatwrap
    10 turkey pepperoni
    1/8 c. Alfredo light sauce (enough to slightly cover the flatbread)
    2 light cheese sticks
    1 small tomato, sliced
    italian seasoning

Spread sauce on flatbread, sprinkle on seasoning. Layer pepperoni, cheese and tomato. Cook at 425 for 5 minutes to crisp.
    310 cals, 13g fat, 25g protein