exercise ?.....

• when I walk & ride the exercise bike should I write down the miles or minutes I do in my journal(yes,I'm keeping a journal & it's helped out alot)
  • Yay for exercise!!!

I would say it depends on what you are tracking goal is. If you are looking to exercise a certain number of minutes a week, then track minutes. If you are looking to track mileage, then track your mileage. Please feel free to join the 1000 miles in 2010 thread in the exercise forum if you do decide to track miles. It's not too late to join in and it's very satisfying to watch the mileage build up!
  • Thanks,I just checked it out & if it's not too late to join I'd like to.I walk a mile during my lunch break every day & ride my exercise bike a few days.I'm getting ready to walk in a 5K event & when it gets warmer I'm going to walk the track around the high school(1.5 on the basic loop)
  • I think there is even a website that you can go to and type your miles OR minutes in and it will tell you aprox. how many calories you burned on your bike ride.
  • I like to keep track of my workouts, just for me. It's encouraging to look back and see the progress I've made! It helps to keep from getting in a rut too, I try to switch things up so my body doesn't get used to one type of exercise.