Your favorite tips
I thought I'd start a thread to post our favorite tips. I'm sure we've heard most of them, but I figured there's gotta be some you haven't heard or are worth repeating. I'll start...
1. WATER! Drink lots of it. I like the 1/2 your body weight in oz or 100oz which ever is greater, but what ever you can get down is great. Especially if you can do it before a meal. It helps fill up your tummy and keeps you fuller longer. Plus you get lots of extra steps into the potty!
2. Eat slowly. This way you don't notice that your portion is 1/4 of your neighbor's. Also don't forget to enjoy every bite. We must recondition ourselve to enjoying our food, knowing how big appropriate protions should be and using food as FUEL, not as a reward, stress relief or otherwise!
3. Gum! It's a great snack!
4. Eat on a schedule and don't go hungry. I ALWAYS over eat if I'm over hungry when I start. If your meals are evenly distributed throughout the day this can be avoided.
5. Find something that curbs that craving. I have a sweet tooth, always have. Dessert is a must for me and I'm pretty sure Skinny Cow has saved my life.
6. Protein and Veggies. I think we all know what this means.
I feel like I could go on and on, but I'll stop so others can add on.
268 lbs - Journey Begins (January 11, 2006)
197 lbs - 71 lbs lost (October 15, 2007)
247 lbs - 50 lbs gained pregnancy (August 22, 2008)
195 lbs - baby weight gone (July 7, 2009)
168 lbs - 100 lbs lost (March 26, 2010)
148 lbs - GOAL! 120 lbs lost (July 18, 2010)
138 lbs - 10 lbs under goal (December 29, 2010)
PR 1/2 Marathon - Time 1:59:50 (November 11, 2012)
PR Marathon - Time 4:40:53 (March 18, 2012)
Today 140s & training for my Health
"There is nothing you can't have tomorrow so there is no reason to eat it all today."