not really new but need some serious help

• I've bounced around from one thing to another trying to find what will work for me...then life happens & everything goes out the door.So,last month I decided to try again.I started walking,watching what I ate,did good for about 2 weeks then life happened & knocked me off the wagon,I hit the ground hard!I decided to come back to 3 chicks & try again.I've been writing down everything I eat & the calories most of the time.I really need someone to keep me inline & to help me be accountable.
  • Welcome back! When life throws me a curve ball and I'm not following a particularly healthy lifestyle, I try to take just one thing and maintain that throughout the turmoil. I will make sure I walk for 15-20 mins or not order the fast food on the way home and make myself an egg when I get there. Little stuff like that.
  • i take things one day at a time...
    if i mess up one day, i say okay, there's always the next day.
    and i read somewhere in a health magazine that if you 'look forward to the next meal' then you'll have less of a chance of getting off track
  • I've been trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, what I can live with forever and what I can't, for years.

This time, at age 43, I seem to have finally found a formula that is doing the trick. But I think I have a hard road ahead of me.

There are so many psychological issues, even after you get your mind around the right scientific information.

My main goal is to make being a smaller size, eating smaller portions and healthier whole foods a part of who I am, forever. I'm losing very slowly, on purpose, because I'm retooling my whole diet, the way I shop, the way I cook, eat out, etc.

I think it's important to listen to yourself and do what makes you feel good in a relaxed, loving way. There's a big high you can get for a while off of stuff you're doing out of self-hatred, self-abnegation, but it wears off and then bounce you hit hard coming off that. You gotta find what feeds your soul.
  • some really good advice,thanks