Need Help Celebrating!

• So... this Sunday is a biggie for me. It will mark TWO YEARS that I have been smoke free.

My original plan (pre-diet) was to have a full out celebration. Me, and my extended family, pizza, cake and snacks.

Obviously... that is out. But I don't want the day to go unnoticed. Money is tight(its almost hay buying time!) so a spa day is out and so is buying myself anything of note.

Anyone got any ideas? It needs to be REALLY spectacular! Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have ever done(so far) and is also the thing I am most proud of.
  • Why not a full out celebration with healthier foods?

If you don't want to do that you could organize an outing to a park? Pack a healthy picnic and get some exercise in (hiking, walking, etc).

Congrats on your smoke-free anniversary!
  • That's a tremendous accomplishment and a wonderful gift to yourself!!!
  • Quote: Why not a full out celebration with healthier foods?

If you don't want to do that you could organize an outing to a park? Pack a healthy picnic and get some exercise in (hiking, walking, etc).

Congrats on your smoke-free anniversary!
    This is a wonderful idea... but its been the winter from he.... MICHIGAN and its just too cold! But a healthy food bar...with one tiny little sprite and gin sounds PERFECT!

Quote: That's a tremendous accomplishment and a wonderful gift to yourself!!!
    Thank you. I am hoping to cap it off with a 60 lb weight loss within the year!
  • What about making a small donation in your own name to the National Lung Association or similar?
  • How bout having the full out celebration with all the folks and tell everyone to bring their favorite salad ingredient. You can have a HUGE salad and it will be fun to see what everyone brings.
  • Quote: What about making a small donation in your own name to the National Lung Association or similar?
    Thats a nice idea--I have something in mind for that. My mom recently died from Leukemia, and I thought it might be nice to donate platelets every year on her birthday in her honor. Maybe on the anni of my quitting smoking I could do something to honor lung cancer patients. I will think on that. Thanks.

Quote: How bout having the full out celebration with all the folks and tell everyone to bring their favorite salad ingredient. You can have a HUGE salad and it will be fun to see what everyone brings.
    Eesh. I am not QUITE at a point in my lifestyle change where I feel like salads are celebrational...JUST YET! But I am working on it. I do think some fun veggie trays and assorted low cal/ or low fat dipping sauces would be fun. Thanks!