3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Need Help Celebrating! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/194384-need-help-celebrating.html)

parkedout 02-16-2010 12:04 PM

Need Help Celebrating!

So... this Sunday is a biggie for me. It will mark TWO YEARS that I have been smoke free.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

My original plan (pre-diet) was to have a full out celebration. Me, and my extended family, pizza, cake and snacks.

Obviously... that is out. But I don't want the day to go unnoticed. Money is tight(its almost hay buying time!:o) so a spa day is out and so is buying myself anything of note.

Anyone got any ideas? It needs to be REALLY spectacular! Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have ever done(so far) and is also the thing I am most proud of.:)

MotoMichelle 02-16-2010 12:46 PM

Why not a full out celebration with healthier foods?

If you don't want to do that you could organize an outing to a park? Pack a healthy picnic and get some exercise in (hiking, walking, etc).

Congrats on your smoke-free anniversary! :carrot:

chris313 02-16-2010 12:50 PM

:congrat: That's a tremendous accomplishment and a wonderful gift to yourself!!!

parkedout 02-16-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoMichelle (Post 3155081)
Why not a full out celebration with healthier foods?

If you don't want to do that you could organize an outing to a park? Pack a healthy picnic and get some exercise in (hiking, walking, etc).

Congrats on your smoke-free anniversary! :carrot:

This is a wonderful idea... but its been the winter from he.... MICHIGAN;) and its just too cold! But a healthy food bar...with one tiny little sprite and gin sounds PERFECT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris313 (Post 3155088)
:congrat: That's a tremendous accomplishment and a wonderful gift to yourself!!!

Thank you. I am hoping to cap it off with a 60 lb weight loss within the year! :)

Thighs Be Gone 02-16-2010 01:16 PM

What about making a small donation in your own name to the National Lung Association or similar?

jigglefree 02-16-2010 01:26 PM

How bout having the full out celebration with all the folks and tell everyone to bring their favorite salad ingredient. You can have a HUGE salad and it will be fun to see what everyone brings.

parkedout 02-16-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3155159)
What about making a small donation in your own name to the National Lung Association or similar?

Thats a nice idea--I have something in mind for that. My mom recently died from Leukemia, and I thought it might be nice to donate platelets every year on her birthday in her honor. Maybe on the anni of my quitting smoking I could do something to honor lung cancer patients. I will think on that. Thanks.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglefree (Post 3155194)
How bout having the full out celebration with all the folks and tell everyone to bring their favorite salad ingredient. You can have a HUGE salad and it will be fun to see what everyone brings.

Eesh. :dizzy: I am not QUITE at a point in my lifestyle change where I feel like salads are celebrational...JUST YET! But I am working on it. I do think some fun veggie trays and assorted low cal/ or low fat dipping sauces would be fun. Thanks!