Online Calorie Counters

• I have been using Fit Day on and off for quite some time (i have the downloaded version on my desktop). Now because of a recent blood test that resulted in high cholesterol i need to keep track of that and sugar (because of the triglyceride number). Fit Day does not track cholesterol or sugar.

Are there any of the other calorie counter sites out there that have tracking for sugar and cholesterol?
  • I use fitday. Underneath my food list for yesterday, there's a tab for "nutrition". I found cholesterol there.

Can you set sugars up in your "custom nutrition goals"?
  • Found the cholesterol!

However, I also enter in some custom foods, and there isn't a space to put in sugar on the nutrition labels. Nor is there a spot on the "nutrition label" for sugar when you search on the foods they already have input.
  • Yes, all I can find is all carbs lumped together.

Let's see if anyone has any other tips.

I have so much time, trust and work invested in Fitday that I'd get a headache trying to change now. I feel for ya.
  • I use Diet Power and really like it. It tracks, sugar and cholesterol and is easy to enter custom foods. Hope this helps.
  • Susan - I purchased this Diet Minder journal today: http://www.dietminder.com/

I figure since i usually jot down what i eat all day and fill it in to Fit Day later, i can just put it in this journal. There are two blank spaces to track your own components of diet and i added Sugar in one of the columns.
  • I am a huge fan of the TheDailyPlate, so easy to use and fast. It tracks suger/cholesterol.

Only thing to be careful of is that the database has a lot of personal submissions, so I'm always careful to pick something that has the "verified" tag. But the database is unbelievable, I have never one time had to add anything individually in 10 weeks of use.
  • I have a subscription to FitWatch.com and there are several tracking tools, but I do not think blood sugar or cholesterol are included.
  • I love TheDailyPlate. Very flexible, which does mean you have to double check entries at time, biut I *love* how easy it is to create all my meals and add foods to the listings.
  • I use the calorie count journal on everydayhealth.com. It tracks sugar, cholesterol, sodium, and a host of other things.