Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #136  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

workout done, decided on 40min treadmill power walk...

Jigglefree-I live in Ga! About 45mins west in carroll county..pretty cool to see another chic living so close Have a good day.

Katy- Way To Go!!!!!! What an awesome accomplishment!

hello to everyone...have a good day
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Katy: Congrats! Seriously that is so amazing and such a big accomplishment. Keep it up!

misspriss: awesome job on the workouts!

jigglefree: Keep up the good work!

chubbyphotographer: congrats on your wedding this fall! You well be so beautiful I wish you luck

susieyarb: Feel free to jump in anytime lol. It does get a little crazy which makes this challenge even more fun. I know what you mean by the elliptical, I can do more longer and have less pain on my body. I prefer it anyday. Hopefully you'll be able to get one soon!

So last night to wind down before bed I hand a couple of beers, and that's nothing I can't handle but for some reason at 6am this morning it didn't agree with me, or maybe something I ate at work but I was "tossing my cookies" all morning And the worst part, I had nothing in my stomach to come up....ouch. So I made bkfst hoping it will stay down. The weather here today is worse than a couple of weeks ago, and they didn't cancel school, umm hello when we get a winter storm warning and expected 8inches....ya might want to rethink the whole keeping school open? eitherway I'm trying to start my back on track phase but it's hard when i can't keep a whole lot down. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to fight to the death these next few weeks to get back where I want to be, and no sugar or starchy foods late at night or eating past 7pm...watch me!

Have a nice day
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Well, my scale strike is over!! And I actually was strong enough to not "peek" at the scale..not even once!!! So, my WI today puts me 0.4 down from the start of the challenge...not a whole lot, but it's something! lol I'm also wondering if it's not a true number because I ran on the TM yesterday which seems to always make the scale go up the next day AND I kinda overate at dinner...but as someone has said before, A loss is a loss is a loss!!! Plus, I think TOM should be coming sometime this week so we'll see how that affects it also.....

I've been getting plenty of water...my camelbak bottle holds 750ml and I've been drinking atleast 4bottles and sometimes almost 5...which is atleast 3LITERS of H2O PER DAY!!! I've made a new rule for myself...I must drink an entire bottle BEFORE I eat breakfast!!! Then I have another bottle during my WO and on my way to work...3rd bottle while at work before dinner...and the 4th during/after dinner....then start on the 5th when I get on the TM (but can't drink too much while trying to run! LoL) This has worked for the past few days, so we'll see how long it can last!

Glad to see everyone enjoying this challenge...it's nice to sign on and "catch up" with everyone...and once again, I'm sorry I can't respond to everyone...but I'm off to do a couple WATP videos...
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #139  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Well over the weekend we ate out way to much and I am up 2 poundsbut today is a new day, so back to being on plan. Keep up the good work everyone!
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #140  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I did good with my calories yesterday(1050) and today so far. I don't need that many calories since I am small. But yet I weigh 7 ounces more. I'm still gaining form eating too much on Saturday( binged), my body does that. Now as long as I stick to it and i know I will, I'll lose pretty fast. Got 4 lbs to lose that i had gained over the last month. I will do it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Checking in!

Start: 175.8
2/19: 175.8

Well, I didn't lose any last week, but I didn't gain either. Hopefully this week will be better.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

jdonato: You're boyfriend is in the racing industry? What type of racing? My family actual owns a couple of racing stores here in Minnesota. I have grown up going to drag races, NASCAR races, and events like Snocross and Supercross. Racing is like in my blood! As soon as you wrote "racing women" I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about! While most of them (well the one's at the track and what not that I have met) are fairly nice you can definitely tell it is all about competition with them. Who is the hottest of the group, etc. Totally way too much tanning and way too much hair bleach! haha I completely agree. My dad knows a lot of drivers just being in the industry and he used to own a funny car team so I got to meet and see a lot of the driver's wives and they are like models. I would not want to have to constantly be in that environment with those types of people as my "peers." While racing is very fun and exciting and that is awesome he is in that industry, I feel bad that you have to be subjected to that It would be sooooo stressful and I can relate. It's so amazing that you were able to overcome that though and not care what the others thought. And it truly does only matter what you think and feel about yourself. You have a great boyfriend I can tell who seems very supportive!! thats so great! Oh and no wonder you have anxiety attacks!! I have them too but with your degrees you are going for, geez louise! That has to be so difficult! Maybe we took too much on our hands by double majoring? haha I'm freaking out too about the whole job thing as well. The experience and I am majoring in psych and sociology with a minor in spanish, so I'm like...hmm will i even have a job? haha. unemployed college grad with LOTS of loans. SCARY! Good luck to you in school I'm sure you will do great!!

Katy05: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is awesome you should be so proud of yourself!! You will have that 8 pounds gone in no time!! good work!!

Lori: your nails are AMAZING! I am jealous. I have been a nail biter ever since I was a kid and cannot drop the habit! gross i know!!

susiearb: just keep working at it!!! those pounds will come off sooner than you think!! It may be smart to up your calories. keep up the good work!!

everybody else is doing awesome, I have never met such a group of insanely motivated people!! this is amazing!

Recap of the day: I exercised for 45 minutes today, debating whether or not I should go home and exercise more or go out with my friends. Who I haven't really seen in a while....I am down a pound again, so that is a total of 5! yippie!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #143  
Oh buddy, it's on!

Hi again everyone! I hope everyone's having a wonderful day! First off, thank you so much to those wishing me congratulations for making it to ONEderland! Aside from that fabulous news of making it to Onederland, my day was decent, I slipped a couple of times - shared a rice krispy treat with one of my co-workers and had some twizzlers. They were both yummy and I enjoyed them so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I finished W3D1 of the C25K challenge today - yay for that. And aside from said slip ups above, I've been OP the rest of the day!

misspriss How'd you get started on doing yoga? I'm trying to incorporate new things into my exercise routine and thought yoga would be a good idea.

jdonato Hey girl! Is this mini cleanse you're doing a program you're following or is it something you came up with on your own? Please share!!

jules Good for you for having a good week and seeing a loss! As for your 68hr work week, ughhhhhhhhhhh. That's all I gotta say about that!

Lori Your nails look awesome! I can't believe you did that yourself! I'm actually pretty OCD about nails - I always have to have nail polish on them, even if it's clear. So, I'm doing my nails about 2x a week.

farn WTG on the workout! I think 45mins is a great workout for today but if you feel like getting in some more sweat when you get home, go for it! Just make sure to listen to your body and not over do it!

Last edited by Katy05; 02-22-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Katy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #144  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Thanks everyone!! I enjoy doing my nails & that made my day!
~I have took pics of most everytime I have had a new color/design~I post them all on my Myspace page~LOL for fun. and since i have only been doing them since november I have a lot but not a ton. If anyone would like to see more for the fun of it I can let them know the way to my myspace page.The pics never turn out quite as good as the nails look though~Which is so aggravating!
I am off tom today & felt one heck of a lot better not totally better but way better! I even got to do my walking today ~Which made me feel alot better about me.
So Its definetly something to do with my TOM. I have an appointment to GYN Doc on thursday~So Hoping even if they do test that I hae to wait out the results on that they evenutally figure out what my problem is..and hopefully it's nothing serious.
Misspriss~ I love to read your post too girl!! U are a true treasure to me!

EVERYONE ELSE~I adore each & everyone of y'all but we got Cloudy with a chance of meatballs on dvd to watch & my kids just yelled that it is ready~ughhhhhh~Not in the mood to watch it But my kids are my everything(& My hubby to of course) & the hubby got 3 teeth pulled today And he is sleeping like a baby And I have gotta get my butt in there and watch that show with them~Just what I need a show with food falling from the sky!
LOL
HUGS TO EVERYONE~KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

sorry not to get to reply to each and everyone of y'all~I DID READ EVERYONES POST THOUGH & I AM SO PROUD OF EVERYONE FOR THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS~Y'ALL ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE!!!!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-22-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

farn00a57: My bf works for DART Machinery. They do Cylinder heads, engine blocks, intake manifolds and codings for NHRA and raced Pro-Stock. As soon as I told him about your family his ears perked up and asked what stores? Where? Funny car? lol it was so funny. Like a dog hearing the word food or walk haha. It's funny you know exactly what I mean by racing women. I have friends going for psych and soc and it's alot of work! Plus you have a minor. lol you and I both took on waaaay too much! The anxiety attacks are going to get worse. I have an exam tomorrow . Thanks for the warm wishes and I wish you well too. I'm with you on the unemployed grad with lots of loans...ahhhh they ppl are calling me already and I have to keep telling them....I'M NOT DONE YET! lol

Katy: I'm following the South Beach Diet Phase 1, I've done it before and because of it i lost the last 20lbs. It helped get me my first 10lbs and from there I calorie counted and just watched my refine sugars and starches...well since this past two weeks with TOM man have I been going off the deep end. So to kick the cravings and bloat down I'm going back to phase 1. In the past I have made the mistakes of "oh wow I just lost 6-10lbs in 2 weeks, let's go out and celebrate"....ya then what's the point with the booze and nasty food. For me it's not just following the plan, I just use the guidelines...lean proteins, lots of veggies, no sugar or starchy food. Then I'm able to focus on what types of food I'm putting in my body like processed foods and stuff. So to me it's a cleanse and a way to get back on track. The menu can be very ellaborate and expensive which is why I use it as a guideline.

Today is day 1 of my mini cleanse and I was finally OP for my CC. *Sigh* I got to put a sticker for making my day Tomorrow I'm going to eat my eggs and turkey bacon for bkfst with my coffee...ya you don't want to see me give up coffee...It's scary! Just ask the bf, that's why on the weekends he has it ready before he comes in and wakes me up lol I love him . I discovered Grill Mate Marinades...OMG does it really help spice things up for salads. I did the Chipotle one on chicken tonight, and added fresh lime juice mmmmm just what I needed to get back. I'm tired of the same old salad and I'M TIRED OF COOKING! But this is fun for me to try something different. Now I have to think of snacks, so I have string cheese and I got a bunch of veggies and I have celery and peanut butter. I said I wasn't going to eat past 7pm...ummmmm....Mon and Wed I have class til 9pm, and Tu and Th til 7:30pm so i'd say past 9 for me. Well that's enough for now. I hope everyone had a great day and I will talk to you all later!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Lori--You're nails DO look amazing!!! Question: Are you L or R handed?? And how in the world do you get both hands to look good??? I'm R handed, so my left will look halfway decent (not nearly as good as yours0 and then my right looks horrible!!! LoL Also..Good Luck at the OB/GYN...I'll keep you in my prayers that you get this problem solved once & for all!!!

Jdon--hope you're feeling better after getting sicks this AM...and good job getting on track today w/your mini cleanse & your calories!!

Fuitlady & Moto -- sending you scale wishes to get that sucker moving again!! and moving down that is!!!

Farn--I hope you chose to see your friends who you hadn't seen in a while...you've already exercised for 45min...thats better than nuttin...and I believe in taking time out for your friends & family (especially those you can't see every day!)

Katy--CONGRATS on ONEderland!! I know I was SOO excited to reach that point in my journey!!! As for the rice krispy treat & twizzlers...oh well! atleast you didn't let it throw you off track for a whole day or more! I'm a firm believer in NOT depriving yourself!! If you say NO all the time, then you might just break and over do it majorly!!

As for me, I did 2 WATP videos this AM (Power Mile & Walk/Kick) followed by an Exercise TV WO called Metabolism Boost...total time this AM: 1hr 10min and then I did the TM tonight (25min)...I was also OP w/calories!!! It was a really good day today!!! Let's see if I can keep it up!!!!! Buuuut, TOM is approaching...UUUGGH!

I posted the following on the C25K thread, so I'm sorry if any of you have read it there also....I think I'm gonna take a break from C25K...I've read a little about HIIT on 3FC and I tried it tonight...it was pretty cool...I did 30sec at 7-8mph followed by 60sec at 3.5mph for a total of 15min (10intervals)...I think this will still keep helping me raise my stamina so maybe after a few weeks of doing this, I can go back to C25K where I left off (WK7) and do a 25min run...and eventually build my way to 30min...what do you guys think???

The long runs are just SOOOO BORING and I can't keep my mind off of the time remaining! Several of you have mentioned HIIT and I've never tried it until tonight...but I liked it, so I think I'm gonna do it for a while...
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #147  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning,

We have an appointment this morning to look at place that's right down the street...with in walking distance. I was so excited about it i couldn't sleep last night. It's 3br 2bath, huge back/fenced in yard, new appliances & the kids don't have to change schools,they'll be on the same school bus... And the best thing about it is its owner finance(who is well known in the area)! DH and i have always had our eye on it.

Im just so excited, its everything we ever wanted! Sorry to go on about it...

No workout for me today...bbl

ETA- i had to change my ticker..the past couple of weeks ive had some slips and the scale hasn't been nice about it. up 6lbs...its GONNA come off soon

Last edited by misspriss78; 02-23-2010 at 06:06 AM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #148  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Kdm~Thanks girl! I am right handed & so the right hand shown in the pic was drawn with my left hand~Which usually ends up a little off from the left hand.
To concentrate better I totally do my left hand first Since I am right handed...Then I relax while it is drying nicely then start on the right hand.
I also use q-tips for mistakes which help out alot!! I aint even sure what made me think of q-tips ~maybe my sister use to use them when she did her nails when she was a kid....Anyways that helps alot too. As far as the designs...Since I am using a brush still I USually do designs with lines (cause they are easier to do~And then I pray that the kids stay out of the room and they go on straight LOL!~HUGS!

katy~So nice you do yor nails too!! I love painted nails! There so pretty

Misspriss~Goodluck with the house~I do owner finace & it is fabulous..My house was only 2 miles from where I use to rent & my kids get to ride the same school bus and the moe was super easy so I have my fingers & toes crossed forr ya...Plus Your in my prayers to find something that is for you & your family.

jdonata~hope you have a Fabulous day!!

EVERYONE ELSE~Got to take my 9 year old to the doctor for his chekup~So gotta get ofline & finsh getting ready~

One last thing~anyone into watches Must go to shop NBC And order waltham 25 piece interchangle watches~OMG BEST THING EVER! MADE NICE AND EASY TO CHANGE STRAPS! EVEN CAN CHANGE THE BEZELS! my hubby got me a set for Anniversary since my ring was bought so early~Our 17th anniversary is the 25th Just a few days away....WOOOOOHOOOOO!!
Anywasy the watches rock! ~I am wearing a green band with a blue bezel today and A green top with a blue belt~& USING MY NEW PURSE! That wacth made my outfit complete & come together cause teh green & blue was a risk that ends up looking So cool~I hope anyways!! So happy with the watches That I wanted everyone else to have a chance to own them! www.shopnbc.com~then type in waltham 25
I swear there on the top of my list for best things ever purchased! And That takes alot considering the great deals I get.

Last edited by Lori259; 02-23-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #149  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. I think I feel better today. I guess it takes two days to recoup from moving that big bed. I was working out yesterday and my legs felt like I had extra weight attached to them. It was just hard and I had to push myself to do my morning and lunch time workouts. I will be working out after work today and hopefully I feel better. I can't let myself start missing workouts because it could cause a problem.

Jdonato - They will keep calling til they get paid even though you keep telling them you aren't done. They don't want you to forget them.

Farn
- With a minor in Spanish you will not be unemployed you have good majors that will allow you some flexibility.

Misspriss - I hope the place is everything you want it to be and you will get it if it's for you!!

Okay today is a new day to stay on plan and work towards GOAL so lets get it done. We have about 22-23 days left.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone. I tried to go back and read everything since my last post and there has been so much good news and motivation.

Lori: I am glad to see you are feeling a little better. I really hope the dr figure out what is going on. And I love, love, love your nails. My nails are sooo thin. I wish I could figure out what to use to make them stronger. Everytime they grow a little and I decide to paint them, they break. So I have just given up. Let me know if you have any advice.

Katy: Super Congrats on getting to Onderland. As one that struggled I know how hard it can be and what an accomplishment once you get there.

Misspriss: Good Luck with the house!!! That is so cool. We wanted to move last year, but it just did not work out for you. I will keep my fingers crossed

KDM: I know a lot of people say the treadmill can be really boring. Since I have been through the C25K and kind of know where you are I would say finish it out. You are almost done and it's so super when you can claim "I have completed the C25K program" If you want why not just add the HIIT in as one of your runs. Do the intervals for the time listed in the C25K program. An remember that when running you need to be really patient in your training to prevent injury. Your respitory system adjust WAY before your skeletal. So you have to give your bone a chance to get use to the pounding. Please be careful. A golden rule I learned is you are not suppose to increase more than 10% in distance or time per week. And NEVER increase both at the same time.

jdonato: I hope you are feeling better and back on track soon. Good luck with the cleanse.

ME: Well I am still holding on to onederland by the skin of my teeth, but I am here to stay dang it! My weight loss has slowed, so I am trying to refocuse on everything, my eating and exercise. Although I am running 3x a week I am making sure to add in some crosstraining (kickboxing, ST, ABS, Walking). Just trying to find some balance and hoping to get moving again.
I have been keeping a picture journal and it's really keeping me motivated. Although the scale may be slowing down I can really see the difference in my clothes. Every month since I started I make sure to take a picture in the same outfit. And one pair of pants went from almost ready to burst to adding a belt, that is now 3 holes in. I have never posted pix here but I will try to put one on so you all can see. Pictures don't lie. So when you are feeling down, take that old picture and one now and see how proud you should be.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote