Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #1  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Questions about my plan

Hello everyone,
Ok I came of with a plan so here it is, tell me if this is ok. I'm going to calorie count and mainly healthy foods ( like Eggs, Lean meats, Whole Grains, Vegis, Fruit) and give myself 150 calories a day if I want to eat something I like. Does that sound reasonable? And does starting out at 2,200 calories day see to high? I'm 41 I weigh 239 and I'm 5.5. Have a Great Day!
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Sounds good to me! If you loose to slowly, you can cut your calories by 100 per day every week, until you get a good groove.

My only word of advise would be to make sure you are HONEST when you record your calories. A lot of people start a calorie counting diet only to say "it doesn't work" because they forget to write down nibbles while making dinner, and this and that.

You can do it!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

1500-1800 calories is the normal range to lose weight.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #4  

The normal calorie range to lose weight depends on your current weight. There is no correct number to start at for all weights and changes as you lose.

At your current weight of 239, 2200 a day is a fine starting place for weight loss, to get used to eating less than you were before and you will have at least some loss at that number without exercise. Adding in exercise will increase your loss at that starting number. After a few weeks you will know if you need to lower that number, either to get going or to increase the rate of loss if you are losing too slowly for your liking, up to about 2 lbs a week is a decent and healthy rate of loss. If you aren't adding exercise, then you probably will need to do so sooner rather than later.

If you haven't used one already, there are online calculators to give you an idea of what you need to eat to maintain your daily activity level. Try searching for caloriesperhour and use theirs, for example. That is a jumping off place for maintaining your weight and how to cut back to start losing.

As for alloting some calories a day for whatever you want, that's great. If you have eaten a balanced diet throughout the day then treating yourself while staying within your limits is a great way to stay motivated, rather than denying yourself everything just because it's "bad" for you. For example, just because ice cream is full of sugar and fat doesn't mean sugar and fat are unhealthy. In fact, they ARE healthy, they are macronutrients your body requires. A small amount of ice cream is both a treat, AND provides nutrients for your body. The hard part is staying within your limits.

Last edited by Tarisaande; 02-10-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #5  
On My Way To Skinny

Oh yes I forgot to add I will be adding exercise in a least 3 times a week to start.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Howdy,
Start with your limit, record accurately, daily, and make adjustments after a week or two. You are an experiment of one as a brilliant member has said.

Best wishes.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #7  
On My Way To Skinny

Thanks Everyone for you replies.. I will just take it week by week and see what happens.