high protein breakfast ideas?

• At this point I'll entertain all suggestions, but I'm looking for preferrably sweet breakfast ideas at 250 cals w/ about 20 grams of protein. Only catch is I don't want to use artificially sweetener (I'm doing an experiment on acne and it's link to splenda).
  • I like to have a ww english muffin with 2 t. natural peanut buetter and 1 t. honey (divide between both slices) - I usually have it with fruit to equal about 250 calores. But, you could use cheese instead, if you like for more protein.
  • Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit and/or all fruit spread or agave would look to fit the bill.
  • 2 hard boiled eggs are 12 grams of protein, that with a laughing cow wedge spread on 1 arnold sandwich thin comes up to about 290 calories and 20 grams of protein You can slice up the hard boiled eggs and put them in the sandwich thins
  • Did you consider the (much more obvious, in my opinion) explanantion that your acne issues are related to weight loss? Weight loss really messes with womens hormones, in So many ways! Also decreasing essential nutrients (such as fats) can wreak havoc on skin....things of that nature..... Dont scream "ZEBRA" just yet...... instead look for a horse when you hear hooves.....

just my two cents....

And my high protein breakfast suggestion is protein pancakes..... 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 3 egg whites, tsp vanilla, dash cinnamon and nutmeg.... blend it up...cook it in a pan for a couple minutes, put some sugar free syrup on it if you want...YUM!!
  • Strange you mention that royer--My skin started to break out when I hit about 150 pounds or so--and it really broke out--first time (that badly) since I was a teen--fortunately, it seems to have gotten better again

I also noticed that my unwanted body hair has majorly decreased.
  • I have actually heard that weight loss could be causing my acne...and it makes sense. I lost 70 lbs with no real change in my skin (I've always battled with acne in some way shape or form), but with these last 20 lbs my hormonal acne has just blown up! I'm thinking I might just cut out the artificial sugar in my drinks and maybe my snacks and leave my breakfast as is. They are really working well for me right now and I'd hate to lose momentum at this point. Maybe a better post would be "weight loss and acne" and poll people on that.
  • May i ask how much of a deficit you are in? are you exercising? how intensely?
  • I'm doing moderate/intense exercising 5xs a week. I jog/walk 4-5 miles about 3 xs a week and I hike (1000ft elevation gain) about 4 miles 2xs a week. I'm not sure what my deficit is because I don't eat back my cals and I haven't looked very hard to find out what I'm burning when I exercise. When I have tried to figure it out it seems like I'm burning 400-700 a day in exercise. Here's what I'm eating

MTTHF 1450-1500
    WSun 1550-1600
    Sat 2000+

My daily average is about 1550-1600. I'm trying to get my Saturdays lower (or at least omit the alcohol), but I'm finding I just really need that "cheat" day and so far I've been successfully losing 2-3 lbs a week so I'm not too concerned yet.
  • I have hard boiled egg whites with my breakfast - adds extra protein for a very small amount of calories and negligible fat. (I'm not saying that fat is evil, but for me, I'm getting enough from other sources and happy to have a non-fat source of protein)
  • I will boil up a few eggs and eat one or two for breakfast (about 80 calories each). Also, look into a good protein powder and mix it up with nonfat milk or water for a quick breakfast.
  • How about a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch? I find it's like the adult's version of sugar crisp :P I tell my fiance everyday that it's hard to believe a cereal so good for you can taste so delicious and sweet!