Old 01-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default How did I come up so SHORT??

This weekend was crazy. I was on point to the last 3 calories yesterday. 1,497. Today I was kinda laid back and doing my meals as the time came. I started the morning strong and had to run a quick errand. I left after lunch and forgot my snack. OH NO!! I got home before snack time which was my plan since I forgot my snack. So I eat my snack thinking I was near 900...what a miscalculation...I finish dinner look at my calories and was only at 900. I need 600 calories and my evening snack is a 100 calorie bag of popcorn...NOW WHAT? I guess I will have take an L and just do better tomorrow.

For the first time in a long long long time i didn't eat enough in a day.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Isn't it strange how that happens? I often run quite short on the weekends, and do just as you've stated. Accept the mistake and go better tomorrow. Amusingly enough, that is exactly what must be done when one goes over, as well!
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #3  

Good job not compensating by polishing off a large bag of M&M's or something.

This happened to me also on Saturday for some reason. Got to the end of the day and had barely cracked 1000 cals (I shoot for 1900-2000). OOPS, onward to the next day.

Days where I eat perfect foods (i.e. everything could be considered healthy or natural) I really have to concentrate to get my calories in.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

I typically try to eat a little more....but not 600 calories more. Maybe a banana and peanut butter or something
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #5  

Running short days are why I feel no guilt having an occasional glass of wine
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #6  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

I try not to eat the exact calories every day, because I believe in the benefits of "zigzagging", i.e. always keep your body guessing. If I looked at the average calories per day over a week's time, and it was really short of my target (current target is 80% of calories needed to maintain body weight) then I might figure out how to sub something on a daily basis. Like add more meat, have real cheese instead of laughing cow, switch from skim to 2% milk, etc.

I have a big issue on a daily basis because I work from 2 - 7 and I have to force myself to eat enough before I leave so I'm not starving and out of control when I get off. It's kind of a pain in the butt! Today, I have to go for 1:30 and it's 11:30 now and I've only had milk and grape juice.. and I do not feel like eating!
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieroll View Post
Running short days are why I feel no guilt having an occasional glass of wine
I second, third and fourth this motion.

OK - seriously, as long as you're not really short every day, take and RUN, girl!
I could not be paid to eat lunch last week, although I certainly did want breakfast - sometimes twice! And I lost. Listen carefully to your body, and she will talk to you. And if she says wine and pizza, meet her halfway and have the wine.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote