Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #1  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Default Ahhhhh~ Friend's birthday dinner at fatty restuarant!

Hey guys!

I'm in a little bit of a pickle~
For part of my friend's eighteenth, she wants a group of friends to have dinner at a restuarant/pub/steakhouse kind of place. Now beacause I'm a vegetarian, you'd think the menu for me would be healthy, right?
Wrong D:
I just had a look online; and it's horrific! The only vegetarian dishes they offer are (I'm not kidding) Deep fried camembert with bubble & sqeak. And a cheese tower of various cooked and melted cheeses.
Alongside them; they have a starter of soup, but I can't get soup for a main, can I? :s
and they have jacket potatoes; but they only come with butter, coleslaw and chips D:
I don't know what to do! It's not worth it, but I can't go and eat very little, I'm starting to wonder if I should just make up and excuse or come clean! ~
Any advice?
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #2  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

You can always have soup as a main course! No problem with that!

What about salads? No salads?

And you can ask the waiter to make you something specific. I.E. plate of steamed veggies.

Also, ask for a box when you order your meal and split your meal in half automatically. Then you don't eat it all and save some for later.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Regardless... they have pretty pathetic vegetarian menu. I would try to get a soup and a salad. Perhaps they can give you a larger soup. If you get a jacket potato- ask for butter on the side or etc. toppings so that you can add what you want. The restaurants job is to cater to your needs.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/170/150

Most of the time when I go out to places there's nothing for me to eat either and I'm not even a vegetarian. I'd with go with a salad too like. Or I like some of the ideas uscarchie...I might even you that splitting thing...so simple but did not think of it myself.
AmandaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sometimes you can make a meal out of the sides that come with the steaks...a baked sweet potato is often available, along with some veggie sides that they'll offer. Start with a salad and then see if you can exploit the side dish options to make a whole meal...it's worth a shot.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Just get coffee, and don't explain it. Most people really don't care. If anyone pushes you a little, say that you had a big lunch but that you really wanted to see everyone. If they really push you (which they shouldn't), say that your stomach has been queasy or you had "problems" earlier and you don't want to risk anything solid.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #7  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I am having similar issues today with a party I have to go to, I know it's at someones house so there will be pressure from everyone for those darned finger foods. Just stay strong!
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #8  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Thanks for all your advice everyone!

It's really a horrible menu ¬¬ but I will enquire about the soup and try to stick with that~ of course if they ask about it, I think I'll have to do what Shmead suggested and use an excuse~!
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #9  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Try eating at home before you go! That should help the temptation. (But don't tell! For some reason, in our culture it's rude. I don't quite get it, but I don't make the culture standards ) Then getting just a soup or something should be enough to prevent you from ordering something more.
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote