HELLO fellow CC's!

• I already introduced myself in the introductions forum, but thought i'd introduce myself to my fellow calorie counters, since this is mainly where i'll be posting for my weight loss journey!

I used to calorie count a few times, using online sites, but that went to trash. Being a student, and with a part time job and a dog, it's hard to always have time to sit down and get online to type up what I ate for the day.
    I hit the 200's and I was devastated, so I am not officially here (randomly found this site!) and i'm counting my calories again! (this time using a notebook and my blackberry to look up how many calories a food has)

I'm doing great so far! I've lost 5lbs, along with an inch off my thighs, an inch off my hips and half an inch off my waist and hasn't even been a week!
    The only exercise I get right now, is currently a lot of walking! (to work, to school, my dog etc) but I am getting a gym pass again this upcoming week since my schedule has settled down now..

How's everyone else doing with Calorie Counting?
    And another random question to get some chitchat going, what's YOUR fave breakfast?

Mine would be special K cereal, because the serving size is 1 1/4 cups, and trust me, they not only taste good, but fill you up!
  • Welcome and congrats on your success so far,thats awesome! I also write everything down, i find its easier for me to keep up with.

My favorite breakfast is grits,2fried eggs fried in pam and two pieces of bacon. Sometimes i will add some toast. This is around 500 cals so its basicly a third of my cals for the day but man,is it good and keeps me full for a very long time.

Good luck to you!
  • h missey

nice to meet you, i am also back here after getting discouraged around a year ago.

my current favourite breakfast has to be porridge it warms me up on these cold mornings where having and i am full for ages. but i am also a big fan of special k i may switch to that when the weather warms up lol

much love
  • Welcome.
    I tend to do a low cal breakfast:
    100 calorie muffin, with laughing cow cheese and a 1oz of ham

sometimes i have a 1/2 cup of egg beaters (we use the costo brand) about 60 calories, I use hot sauce, maybe some cooked salami (put it in the microwave to cook out the fat) sometimes 2 Tbs of cheddar. if I need a little more I will skip the cheese in the eggs, use a laughing cow and add a 100 calorie muffin.

My breakfasts are usually around 200 calories, ALWAYS have protein.

PS I eat about 1600 calories every day
  • thanks guys, you gave me some more ideas for breakfasts!

btw L144S: the quote under your dogs picture (which btw is so cute!) is hilarious, and so true!