Do you watch your carbs, fat, protein etc?

• I'm just wondering if you all just watch calories? I've been keeping my calories between 1400 and 1600 for the past four days. I've noticed that there's no consistincy with my percentages of carbs, fat, and protein. Today I was under 1500 calories but 36% of the calories came from fat. I've been trying to incorporate intuitive eating principles into my calorie counting (if that's possible ). Trying to honor what my body wants.

So is it really that simple....just count calories, forget the rest???????
  • I don't have a specific ratio but I do try to eat healthy foods, as much fresh and non-processed as I can reasonably manage. I keep an eye on the percentages, but my fat percentage runs high because I try to eat healthy fats like nuts, avocado and salmon. Although I'm watching portion sizes, they still are high numbers in terms of percent with a 1300-1500 calorie diet.

I personally do think it matters if your 36% fat came from salmon vs. ice cream or chocolate. I also find that when I eat healthier foods, I get to have a LOT more of them - I've been having no issues with feeling completely full with the amount I'm eating, even though I'm sure I was probably eating 2500 or more calories (possibly a lot more) a day before I committed to this journey.
  • I am very careful about my balance of foods. I make sure the fats are healthy fats and try to keep the amount in a certain range...make sure that I have plenty of fiber amongst the carbs and don't overdo the protein. I don't have a formula I use, of course, but I do look at key indicators and make sure I have a decent balance.