3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   What Have I Done?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/191042-what-have-i-done.html)

jigglefree 01-15-2010 03:02 PM

What Have I Done??

I was working on a commitee at work and we had a lunch today. I think I ate too many calories. I had about 12 grapes, 1/2 kiwi, three strawberries, 1/2 chicken quesadilla, 1/4 steak quesadilla, 1/4 cup corn tortilla chips and water. It seemed like a lot of food. I'm normally real anal about my calorie count and I have absolutely no idea how many calories that was for lunch. I will have to work out really intensely tonight to burn those calories. I got full and because there was so much and it was really good I wanted more. Wonder why I do that. If I enjoy the food I want to continue to eat it. The only thing I got seconds on is the fruit and water. :mad:

I will not get too down on myself because I know it's not the end of the world. :o

shrinkinglizzy 01-15-2010 03:36 PM

Oh that doesn't sound so bad! You'll be fine. You had lots of fruits and veggies. You gotta live, girl! Don't be down on yourself. It will be fine.

thundahthighs 01-15-2010 04:19 PM

Jigglefree, you are fantastically gorgeous, and still on track. Keep going girl!

:D

Edited to add: when I see your picture, your smile makes me smile! Thanks!!

jigglefree 01-15-2010 06:01 PM

Thanks ladies. I was upset because it just seemed like a lot. There was a time I would eat all that and would just be getting started. Getting ready to get my cardio done for the evening.

Thighs Be Gone 01-15-2010 06:36 PM

Jigglefree..we all have those moments--many times after the fact. Maybe ease back on your intake and tomorrow and I am sure you are A-Ok. Good for you to THINK about it and to plan your next course of action with the exercise. That is a huge step in the right direction if you ask me.

gardend1va 01-15-2010 11:29 PM

Jigglefree, I did the exact same thing today. I was out to lunch at a Brazilian restaurant, and I ordered what looked like the healthiest thing on the menu: shredded chicken in a crepe with a tomato-based sauce, white rice and black beans on the side (I held the melted cheese at least). It was huge and I know I should have cut it in half right away and taken a doggie bag with me, but it was so good and I couldn't stop. I ate the whole thing. I just wanted to feel that nice full feeling. So, I understand your frustration today. I ate a big green salad for dinnner, and did a little bit of extra cardio to "pay" for it, and know that tomorrow will be a fresh opportunity to practice moderation. I did try to notice how my stomach felt after I ate it, and asked myself, "is this feeling in your stomach worth delaying your progress?" And I was able to answer "no" with conviction. The next time I am tempted to go crazy I will remember that.
Good luck, and you didn't mess up nearly as badly as I did today, so hopefully that will make you feel better!