Old 12-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Husbands

Where are your husband in your weight loss journey? Do they support? Take part in your diet? Totally wont have anything to do with your diet?

My husband just said to me a few days ago that he could not wait for me to get back on track so he can lose weight... lol He has gained about 14lbs since I have gained again. He took off about 20lbs just because I was buying different stuff, cooking different and he was making an effort not to eat as much. He needs to loose about 25lbs overall now.

So he takes part by eating what I cook and not eating as much... what about yours?
eilla05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #2  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Well...right now I am in a "sticky" situation. I can't seem to get motivated. He will get motivated when I do...but right now he is a BIG temptation.
But when we get gym ready...he will be competition.
So mine is helpful...once I get it started!
I've gained 30lbs & he gained 50 lbs since we got together 2 years ago. So we both have a lot to lose!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #3  
Get Thin Within

S/C/G: 307/275/150

Height: 5' 7

My husband has never had a weight problem. But he is very supportive of my weight loss efforts. He bought me some 5 lb weights and a pilates mat along with other things for Christmas. He always compliments me about my weight loss. That in itself is motivation. He is a blessing!!!
Natoshial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Sounds like we are the motivation for our husbands! Why is that? My husband just started a few weeks ago, and I stuck his progress in my signature. We're very supportive of each other, but since I got a jump start, he's jealous at the moment. He boo-hoos that he's lost 13 pounds to my 26. But he has a better BMI, so I say he needs to just keep going.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #5  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

my hubby is a tall thin man and he NEVER has weight problems. He encourages me by getting excited about my weight loss and telling me how impressed he is by my determination and strength Oh and how I am a smoking hot wife when I am my ideal weight and telling me what his friends said when they seen me when before I had my baby
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #6  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

My husban....oh wait I AM the husband :P

I have dropped 206 pounds since Jan 2008 and my wife has been on and off with the her being healthy and eating well (mostly on) and has lost 63 pounds herself in the same time. we support one another 100% but I do notice when she is naughty with the food I tend to let myself be a little naughty as well, either way she supports me 100% and I her

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Botzz~You are too funny and still doing an amazing job, I see!

My husband loses right along me. Practically without trying when I'm being really good and cooking healthy. Unfortunately he's also my partner in "crime."

With the holidays pretty much over with, I'm looking forward to getting on track and so is my husband!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Mine is amazing. When we met I was slim (same weight as now) and he was overweight. During the first two years of our relationship I gained as much as he lost, and we both remained there - him slim, me not.

Although I was extremely self conscious about my looks he never seemed to bother about it either way. He was supportive when I started yet another diet, although he got exasperated at my bingeing and subsequent self-loathing. He never made rude comments about m y size, though I missed the compliments and flattering I got during the first months of our relationship. I however accepted that this will just stop once the initial phase is over.

As I was losing, he was incredibly supportive. He eats what I eat although I see by what is in the bin that he supplements. When he cooked, he initially asked me what`s alright and what not. When I started losing he complimented me on getting trimmer here and there, and now, he`s really over the moon! The compliments are definitely back and, as a Christmas present, he re-filled my underwear drawer with smaller, sexy things! :-) (He used to have a lingerie thing when we first met but this also went...)

I was really feeling guilty for letting myself go and am ever so happy about being back to the woman he first fell in love with! He was great all the way and I now enjoy seeing him enjoying my new/old self again!!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #9  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

My husband is Mr. Discipline! Almost 2 years ago the dr told him it would help his knees to loose 20 lbs. So he counted calories and did it. Period. He weighs in every week and is very disciplined about what he eats. If he gains a pound...he is right on it.

As 4 me, he is VERY supportive. He doesn't tell me what 2 eat or what not 2 eat. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I wish I had 1/16th of his discipline. And he would give it to me, if he could.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #10  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

My husband's been more supportive than he was when I first joined 3FC, but it's still woefully inadequate. He doesn't bug me about my eating choices and he doesn't really care what I eat, doesn't care if I lose or gain. No real support; so in the New Year, I'll need to tell him to hop on the crazytrain and help. At this point, I need someone to keep me in control. The first 20kg were really just sheer dumb luck; the last 20 are proving to be a little harder; support will definitely come in handy.

DH's never really been overweight until I came along (I'm from New Orleans originally, so have brought with me lots of "bad" cooking habits!) and now he can stand to lose about 10-15kg and get in shape. Though he's said he's going to do the Couch to 5K program with the dog. Yes, the dog is overweight too. Only the cats seem to have it right.

He said last night that I don't have anything left to grab and he thinks I'm fine where I am. That's about the only compliment I get from him; he's always thought I'm sexy and beautiful, which admittedly did wonders for my self-esteem. My karate partners compliment me more than DH does!!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Well my hubby has always been pretty fit--but he supports my journey in every way. He eats my whole foods/low cal. concoctions, watches the kids while I work out (if they aren't at school), and even does things to ensure my sleep habits. He can sometimes snore TERRIBLY--when I can't get to sleep he goes to sleep in another room. He also absolutely will not allow the kids to wake me when I am asleep--which I adore--LOL, they wake him instead! He also will do other things--like not bringing poor food choices around me and allowing me to pick the restaurant on the rare occasions we go out.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I am married to the most wonderful man alive. He is disgustingly healthy without trying. He's the guy living on fast food, rail thin and the labs to prove he is indeed healthy! Having said that, he is completely on board with whatever I need to do to lose wt. He is willing to do whatever it takes to help me suceed. He eats whatever I make for dinner with no complaints. He may go out for fast food during his lunch hour but as a couple we haven't had fast food since this summer.

He is awesome! He is an incredible support to me. He has always found me attractive no matter my weight and always made me feel attractive. But....with the wt loss, well, he's finding me even more attractive than ever.

If he sabotaged me or fought me on this new life style I don't honestly know if I could have come this far. He's an incredible man and I love him more today than the day we married.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I don't have a husband, but I have been with my bf for 6 or so years. He doesn't have any problems with being overweight, but struggles being slightly underweight. He is supportive of my efforts, but it took some time to get him o stop tempting me with treats and desserts. He eats healthy meals with me, but to supplement his own needs he will go and have another small meal or a carb bar to make sure he is getting the extra calories. I just told him if he wants certain things he has to eat them away from me and don't tell me about it ! He makes me feel happy about my weight, but I want to improve and be more healthy.

Last edited by Mikan; 12-29-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/255.6/160

Height: 5'6"

I think my husband has lost faith in me. I've said so many times that I am going to lose weight and have never stuck with it for long. Now that I say it he almost laughs at me. No support there much at all. My husband is a great husband in all other areas except for this and I don't know what to do or say to get him on board with me. It's a little discouraging.
connerash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #15  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

The hubby is very supportive. He has decided to eat healthier with me. The only problem is without even being strict or really trying... he's losing FAR more than me! LOL Lucky guy. He is definitely a helpful support system.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote